Tescos Drivers

Oh how wonderful driver is this person. Coming back from Barking this afternoon and for a change the M25 wasn’t a standstill I had thoughts of a early finish. As I came up to J25 the traffic was getting a bit heavy and as I got half way level with the on ramp a Tesco artic came thundering down the ramp. Can’t go anywhere as the middle lane if full of cars and ahead of me is another lorry so I have no option but to keep my line and speed (in the mirror I can see loads of cars behind me) but I’m preparing to take avoiding action. The tesco lorry draws level with me, the driver looks at me with a look that a goldfish would be proud of and claps on his indicator continuing to slightly edge me out on speed. I can’t do anything and am hoping he is going to slow down, he’s not. As we almost come to the end of the ramp still side by side I have no choice but to slow down and hear the horns of cars behind and at my side as car drivers show their appreciation of my actions. Tescos driver continues blissfully on. Somewhere in the Highway code it says that cars joining the motorway need to give way to traffic already on it. If I hadn’t slowed down he surely would have ploughed into me and caused a major smash. Next time I’ll take a spare pair of undies with me. Managed to get his reg number.

Phone the office and tell them, you have right of way, this behavior from a car driver is bad enough but from a driver it is not acceptable and is dangerous. On the other hand did you leave a gap so traffic could enter the motorway? I know how annoying this can be, particularly with the volume of traffic in that area and I know the ■■■■■■■ approach of some. My attitude is I am driving correctly and if you want to drive in the side of me you are in the wrong.

It must be catching i had a Wincanton container driver edge me out of my lane on the A13/M25 roundabout - he was totally in the wrong lane (Dagenham) just flicked on the indicator and started to move over into my lane (tilbury) - luckily i had a chance to brake and move to my right - which put me in totally the wrong lane (purfleet)- so i graciously gave way - i then politely stayed in this lane until we were level and stuck my indicator on thinking he would repay the favour and let me nip infont - oh no he wasn’t going to move over into the other lane for anyone - SOAB
Well the last i saw of him was sailing down the slip for lakeside - pretty sure he didn’t want to be in it but blow me down someone had put an Iveco and ferrymasters trailer in the way - he he he - payback - without concern - purely because i didn’t put him a position where he was in danger and the look on his face was a picture

Going back to Tesco’s if you want it followed up let me know the reg - my son is a manager for them and i can get things like a word in the shell-like sorted out no problem lol
cheers
Steve

I left a loads of room in front of me, there was no other vehicles in front of the Tesco lorry.

mike68:
Phone the office and tell them, you have right of way, this behavior from a car driver is bad enough but from a driver it is not acceptable and is dangerous. On the other hand did you leave a gap so traffic could enter the motorway? I know how annoying this can be, particularly with the volume of traffic in that area and I know the [zb] approach of some. My attitude is I am driving correctly and if you want to drive in the side of me you are in the wrong.

whats the point of phoning the office? prob a pole driver, i was doing 50mph down the a422 at bedford to m keynes last week, a norbert denturetangle overtake my tipper in an artic, got reg, phoned northampton, transport manager took my name and his reg and said he would get back to me never did, i had tobrake hard to stop a head on with him and a car coming towars him, got to mk and went past him as i turned left, what a c ck, gave ME abuse :laughing: :laughing:

Paul-H:
Oh how wonderful driver is this person. Coming back from Barking this afternoon and for a change the M25 wasn’t a standstill I had thoughts of a early finish. As I came up to J25 the traffic was getting a bit heavy and as I got half way level with the on ramp a Tesco artic came thundering down the ramp. Can’t go anywhere as the middle lane if full of cars and ahead of me is another lorry so I have no option but to keep my line and speed (in the mirror I can see loads of cars behind me) but I’m preparing to take avoiding action. The tesco lorry draws level with me, the driver looks at me with a look that a goldfish would be proud of and claps on his indicator continuing to slightly edge me out on speed. I can’t do anything and am hoping he is going to slow down, he’s not. As we almost come to the end of the ramp still side by side I have no choice but to slow down and hear the horns of cars behind and at my side as car drivers show their appreciation of my actions. Tescos driver continues blissfully on. Somewhere in the Highway code it says that cars joining the motorway need to give way to traffic already on it. If I hadn’t slowed down he surely would have ploughed into me and caused a major smash. Next time I’ll take a spare pair of undies with me. Managed to get his reg number.

You should have just carried on going and let him go down the hard shoulder. Not your problem if he doesn’t know how slip roads work.

True Rob, I should/could have but as he was starting to come accross I didn’t really fancy a smash up or worse and the paperwork is something that I just don’t relish doing.

Paul-H:
True Rob, I should/could have but as he was starting to come accross I didn’t really fancy a smash up or worse and the paperwork is something that I just don’t relish doing.

I’d have called his bluff and let him hit me then gone and given him a large piece of my mind when exchanging details. [zb] like this need their licences removing permanently.

Never phone another drivers company and complain. its not nice, u wud nae like it if a driver done it to you. we all drive badly sometimes. Dont be a nasty grass and put a black mark on a drivers record. even thinkin such a thing is terrible… :frowning:

The best thing to do in this situation, is take his reg phone tesco and in your most shocked voice say " this is awfully embarrassing but you felt you had to tell someone, you have just overtaken said truck and you happened to glance across and the driver was ■■■■■■■■■■■■" no matter how much he denies it you can guarantee it will be round the whole rdc in 30 seconds and he will never live down the fact he is a masturbater!!! I have found it works very well with sign written vans that have cut me up. :wink:

pavaroti:
Never phone another drivers company and complain. its not nice, u wud nae like it if a driver done it to you. we all drive badly sometimes. Dont be a nasty grass and put a black mark on a drivers record. even thinkin such a thing is terrible… :frowning:

:neutral_face: Nah stuff that! clipping the odd curb or forgetting to indicate’s one thing, trying to bully a fellow driver like that (and putting lives at risk) is another, and he deserves anything he gets.

Sadly, he’s probably one of them that’s that far up the bosses backside that nothing would be said.

daleyboy:
The best thing to do in this situation, is take his reg phone tesco and in your most shocked voice say " this is awfully embarrassing but you felt you had to tell someone, you have just overtaken said truck and you happened to glance across and the driver was ■■■■■■■■■■■■" no matter how much he denies it you can guarantee it will be round the whole rdc in 30 seconds and he will never live down the fact he is a masturbater!!! I have found it works very well with sign written vans that have cut me up. :wink:

How do you know it works well? Do you make a chaser phone call a few weeks later asking how well the gossip has spread? :confused:

darkseeker:

pavaroti:

:neutral_face: Nah stuff that! clipping the odd curb or forgetting to indicate’s one thing, trying to bully a fellow driver like that (and putting lives at risk) is another, and he deserves anything he gets.

Sadly, he’s probably one of them that’s that far up the bosses backside that nothing would be said.

This ^

Rob K:

daleyboy:

How do you know it works well? Do you make a chaser phone call a few weeks later asking how well the gossip has spread? :confused:

Never chased it up. But if someone had done that in any of the places I’ve worked I know full well I would never live it down.

pavaroti:

cool, ill barge you out the way on the motorway see how youd like it,

theres a difference from driving badly to being down right dangerous.

Very suspicious, you should have phoned the police and told them you believed it had been stolen, due to the fact that it was in such a hurry.

Shouldve held your ground and let the zb run into you, it’s bad enough with car drivers trying it on but HGV drivers should know better :confused:

waddy640:
Very suspicious, you should have phoned the police and told them you believed it had been stolen, due to the fact that it was in such a hurry.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oh yeah, like that’s gonna work.

Paul-H:

Sorry mate why didn’t you just back off a little and let him in if it was that busy? :confused:

Was the last 3 digits of his reg svn by any chance. I was trying to pull the driver of said Tesco axor out of the window last week. The store manager a hemel hempstead had to calm me down