Tell me this isnt true

i had my cpc training last week [1 st part ], one part was to build a taut up to tesco spec, from what i can gather they want bars in down the sides, so did it all , curtains ,roof supports, bars and job looked a good one, but trainer said youve made one big mistake what is it, now ive used them before but years ago so i new what to do ,so went back round but couldnt see anything wrong,checked again and was puzzled to say the least, asked the others and they were as puzzled as me. :confused:
right he says ill tell you what youve done wrong, your big mistake is you havent tucked the straps in on the curtains, a very big no,no at stobarts, and not just stobarts, he goes on to tell us if vosa see you with your straps not tucked in theyll pull you and go through the truck with a fine tooth combe as they know all stobart taut drivers tuck there straps in so by not tucking them in theyll know your not doing the job right.
i ■■■■■■ myself, this cannot be true, i cant believe vosa give 2 ■■■■■ if a stobarts truck has its curtain straps tucked in or not, stobarts might be but not vosa

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what a jobsworth prick. i bet he regrets the day they got rid of the tie… job hasnt been the same since.

was this fella smoking what looked like an extra long roll up?

so if the tucked in strap ends come loose on the motorway and flap in the wind like they would do are you supposed to pull onto the hard shoulder, phone hato’s they cone off a lane so you can safetly walk round and tuck them in again :question: :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused:

sure vosa have got bigger things to worry about than straps being tucked in? what ever next…

may be one of the vosa lads can enlighten us if they sport strap end flapping in the wind? FPN■■?

paul b:
was this fella smoking what looked like an extra long roll up?

With a strong herby type smell.

what a ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You are supposed to leave the straps hanging free, then at least you get a few little clean bits on your curtain :wink:

CPC

Am i missing something here ■■? what the ■■ has tesco or stobart got to do with the driver cpc ■■? maybe i am missing something like pass one get one free lol.
i am sure someone can enlighten me.

Did this instructor have what looked like sherbert round his nose ■■? because it seems he was away with the faireys lol. :laughing:

And here was me thinking Vosa had invested millions of tax payers pounds in a state of the art computer system holding every operators mot pass rate,maintence records and court convictions,when all they needed to do to find a dodgy driver was to see if his curtain straps were loose :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

cheeky monkey:
And here was me thinking Vosa had invested millions of tax payers pounds in a state of the art computer system holding every operators mot pass rate,maintence records and court convictions,when all they needed to do to find a dodgy driver was to see if his curtain straps were loose :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Yea, it occurs to me that VOSA could save all the money they spend on WIMS sensors and go back to the method the Ministry used to use, seeing which trucks went slowest uphill and pulling them in for a check weigh.

The thing to remember he said to tesco spec as stobarts do all curtain work for tesco your working to stobart way of doing things. The vosa thing has my BS meter going off the scale thing it’s justva stobart thing dressed up.to scare you in doing it there way
the same as irlam trailers are called stobart red large straight got shoved up simeones back side o think

Actually, the guy is part right…

Loose straps can wear quite a lot when flapping in the wind, plus it looks very un professional having them flapping, and yes VOSA will look at a trailer and if the curtains are not done up tight and loose straps, then yes they could look upon as a rush job, and lets have a look at it.

Hence the reason my curtains are always drum tight and straps tucked in…

ady1:
i had my cpc training last week [1 st part ], one part was to build a taut up to tesco spec, from what i can gather they want bars in down the sides, so did it all , curtains ,roof supports, bars and job looked a good one, but trainer said youve made one big mistake what is it, now ive used them before but years ago so i new what to do ,so went back round but couldnt see anything wrong,checked again and was puzzled to say the least, asked the others and they were as puzzled as me. :confused:
right he says ill tell you what youve done wrong, your big mistake is you havent tucked the straps in on the curtains, a very big no,no at stobarts, and not just stobarts, he goes on to tell us if vosa see you with your straps not tucked in theyll pull you and go through the truck with a fine tooth combe as they know all stobart taut drivers tuck there straps in so by not tucking them in theyll know your not doing the job right.
i ■■■■■■ myself, this cannot be true, i cant believe vosa give 2 [zb] if a stobarts truck has its curtain straps tucked in or not, stobarts might be but not vosa

WTF is that all about ? - first" lesson" is drivers hours/regs and how to fill in a chart correctly(ffs)
Got me thinking though - how about rebuilding a tilt from a flat , How many could do that nowadays ?

Suedehead:
Got me thinking though - how about rebuilding a tilt from a flat ! How many could do that nowadays ?

Been there, done that got the T shirt…have no wish to do it ever again, thank you very much! :wink:

Harry Monk:

Suedehead:
Got me thinking though - how about rebuilding a tilt from a flat ! How many could do that nowadays ?

Been there, done that got the T shirt…have no wish to do it ever again, thank you very much! :wink:

Kin tuckin the straps in . . . my ringpiece.

ive been on the dreaded stobart induction and they go through the whole shibang that leaves you frowning and amused all at once,
the straps thing is they reckon it looks professional and saves money on fuel apparantly them flapping about cause drag which uses more fuel, also vosa attend stobart inductions and seem to think all wagons should run like a stobart, and the man who teachers you all these wonders has worked for eddie for many years and considers himself apart of the familiy. it seems stobarts shares its bed with tesco and vosa, it was the same fella who told that you carnt have a break on a bay you have to use poa, trust me stobart love paperwork and they make sure you do too. and calculating poa,breaks,driving time and working time evrday when all you want to do is go home is a right pain in the ■■■ and then you have to stand in the planners office and wait for them to finish there conversations b4 they attend to your now very agitated state. thats why if you work for stobbie get on the tramping less hassle

ady1:
i ■■■■■■ myself, this cannot be true, i cant believe vosa give 2 [zb] if a stobarts truck has its curtain straps tucked in or not, stobarts might be but not vosa

VOSA would be pulling vehicles in for straps all day. I don’t think they come under insecure, or sharp edges. If they were loose… blatantly then maybe they would.

Anyway as I said the other month after watching that TV show on about Stobarts, William Stobart should have had his pallets strapped on his day out driving. naughty naughty lol. That would be more useful than tucking the curtain ones away!

Suedehead:
Kin tuckin the straps in . . . my ringpiece.

It seems me and you are from a past generation… gone are the days of phoning from the Wheelhouse after two days to say “I’m back”… nowadays it’s all about sitting in a classroom being told to tuck your straps in by a stuffed shirt.

No wonder no-one wants to do it any more.

dustylfc:
it was the same fella who told that you carnt have a break on a bay you have to use poa,

The man is obviously a trumpet and shouldn’t be teaching anything. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp:

Cruise Control:
so if the tucked in strap ends come loose on the motorway and flap in the wind like they would do are you supposed to pull onto the hard shoulder, phone hato’s they cone off a lane so you can safetly walk round and tuck them in again :question: :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused:

may be one of the vosa lads can enlighten us if they sport strap end flapping in the wind? FPN■■?

It should actually be two lanes that they cone off in that case and put in a 40 mph limit for at least 10 miles just to be on the safe side. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But it all sounds like those roping and sheeting threads to me in which the wagon spent more time being sheeted to look like a curtain sider of these days than it did going anywhere and if you thought that it’s bad to have to build up a flat into a tilt it can’t be any worse than using a tilt as a flat and using the tilt cover as a sheet. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: