Stobarts and VOSA

Always had them down as a ‘Green light’ co as far as VOSA (or whatever they call themselves this week) goes.
Came past Carlisle this week, 3 of them in together, then Beattock 2 in together.
Heard something about load security issues.
Don’t really care before anybody starts :unamused: , just curious and making conversation. :neutral_face:

Vosa may have been reading a series of posts on here and decided to that maybe he’s not the only one :wink:
Regards John.

When I worked for them I had an agency driver manual and in it, it said that to secure 26 one tonne pallets of coke/water all that was required were 2 straps across the rear 2 pallets.

I guess the plasticoppers have got wind of such practices :smiley:

If company have thosand truck that they not lost green light from 5-10 problem truck.IFcompany have just 10 truck and just after 1-2 bad think can lost green ligh.And don t forget in big companies work very very good silicators.But small company…

Perhaps they’ve heard about Dozy and are pulling em over en masse until they get him. Watch out Doze, they’re on to you mate :smiley:

Maybe it’s part of the filming for the new Stobart mocumentary…

Terry T:
When I worked for them I had an agency driver manual and in it, it said that to secure 26 one tonne pallets of coke/water all that was required were 2 straps across the rear 2 pallets.

Usually because you had metal bars running down the sides of the trailers which held the load in in a similar fashion to the way tilt trailers do with wooden planks.

Never seen them carry bottles with bars in the sides as if load moved even a little bit you wouldn’t be able to lift bars off. Also you need to be on the back of trailer to add/remove bars.

You’ve got to love stobarts, nothing for ages then three threads come along at once.
I find it hard to believe they would advise two straps on a load like that, I happened on an episode on Friday, it was about a planner trying tramping out to see the problems drivers have, well he spent one night out anyway, when strapping his load, poorly, he was approached by an older driver who put him right by strapping across every 2 pallets along the full load.

When i worked for DHL i spent every morning strapping the load before leaving whilst others just closed the curtains, one day an old boy came over to inform me that DHL was in the green with VOSA and as we put seals on the doors and curtains we never get pulled. So they just drove with nothing strapped down all day :smiley:

Why need strapped.
Stobart trailers curtainside have this cerificat EN 12642 or…If Trailers have this sig that all companies not strap all

Heard that it is to do with load security of out of one of the coca cola plants probably thought that they were untouchable, well obviously not

mazzer:
Heard that it is to do with load security of out of one of the coca cola plants probably thought that they were untouchable, well obviously not

Yeh I heard the same but did not want to start rumours on the o/p.
I know VOSA have moved the goalposts when it comes to load bearing curtains, but I still reckon said lb curtains and crossed internals over the back two pallets of drinks are sufficient in reality, but maybe not in VOSAworld.

Gregories (spelling) have been collared for not strapping stuff.

Just because your company is on a green light doesn’t mean you won’t get a tug :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
We’ve had a 100% pass rate this year again, didn’t stop em pulling me in Trowel the other Sat, mind you no problems so all good :grimacing: :grimacing:

robroy:

mazzer:

I know VOSA have moved the goalposts when it comes to load bearing curtains, but I still reckon said lb curtains and crossed internals over the back two pallets of drinks are sufficient in reality, but maybe not in VOSAworld.

If something happens to make the load stress the curtains to the point of failure I reckon the whole lot is probably going over anyway.

robroy:

mazzer:

Used to load beer and other loads of drink to Ireland used to stand 2 pallets on their end against the back to pallets strap them and away you went never had a load move even on some rough ferry crossings however would never rely on internal straps always used ratchet straps.

Andrejs:
Why need strapped.
Stobart trailers curtainside have this cerificat EN 12642 or…If Trailers have this sig that all companies not strap all

Never seen a Stobart trailer with the XL certificate thing on it, even the new ones.

Terry T:

I spoke to one of their drivers a few weeks ago and he said they’d had some pulled and fined for insecure load. They strap as said with a cross strap across the back and have been told to carry on doing so by Stobarts despite vosa saying it is inadequate, apparently they are disputing it with vosa and paying drivers fines while it gets sorted out.

Night-and-day:

Terry T:

I spoke to one of their drivers a few weeks ago and he said they’d had some pulled and fined for insecure load. They strap as said with a cross strap across the back and have been told to carry on doing so by Stobarts despite vosa saying it is inadequate, apparently they are disputing it with vosa and paying drivers fines while it gets sorted out.

If Stobarts legally take on VOSA, question and challenge the regs, and if reality and common sense do win the day, then good on them.
All this moving the goalposts ■■■■■■■■ for VOSA’s own agenda needs sorted.
It’s like roping, it has been a sucessful method for generations if done properly, but suddenly overnight it aint safe, because they say so.