Tebay

My all time favourite truckstop seems to have turned to [zb], I’ve been in a few times just lately to eat/fuel etc but I needed a shower & a meal on Tuesday night, £2.50 for a shower of 3 only 1 was working & the state of it was shocking. The Iron Hoof working behind the counter is 1 ignorant [zb] who throws your food on your plate like your in jail. The food was terrible I had chicken chasseur :blush: it was a tasteless plate of [zb]. I stopped last night & had some breakfast which was nothing to write home about either. Its a ■■■■ shame I think and the only cheery thing about the gaff is the old girl from London who takes your money & pours the tea.

Fly sheet

Unfortunately I have to agree, I have been stopping there twice a week for the last 12 months or so and can say the food is really going on a downward slide rather quickly. I now,if I have enough driving time left, go down to Carnforth instead, the foods better and at least there I can get a tv signal.
You want to try calling in for lunch, it`s a bleedin nightmare, there is usually 3-4 coaches full of what look like Jeremy Kyle rejects. :laughing:

i had the misfortune to stop their a couple of weeks ago,i found the food tasteless,and overpriced,and the attitude of the dining staff could have frozen the sahara…needless to say,i wont be back.

fly sheet:
My all time favourite truckstop seems to have turned to [zb], I’ve been in a few times just lately to eat/fuel etc but I needed a shower & a meal on Tuesday night, £2.50 for a shower of 3 only 1 was working & the state of it was shocking. The Iron Hoof working behind the counter is 1 ignorant [zb] who throws your food on your plate like your in jail. The food was terrible I had chicken chasseur :blush: it was a tasteless plate of [zb]. I stopped last night & had some breakfast which was nothing to write home about either. Its a ■■■■ shame I think and the only cheery thing about the gaff is the old girl from London who takes your money & pours the tea.

Fly sheet

I have never liked it that much i would rather use truck heaven 35a this has allways been number 1 truckstop for me :smiley:

Suprised to hear this i always found it spot on in every way.I would have said it was one of the best. Times change i guess.

The price is a tad dear for a shower considering you cant turn down the temp on it its ■■■■■■ boiling and thats an understatement!! :open_mouth:

Free if you fill up with over 200lts but still its not the best,and i agree the breakfasts have gone downhill,if i’m going north which is usually the case i will go into lockerbie instead,cracking showers,power showers,which you “can regulate” and the brekkie is spot on too :wink: :wink:

apart from the haggis!!! :confused: :confused:

its a pity, its always been one of my favourites the only downside to it was it was too popular with the coaches

Carol babe:

fly sheet:

Fly sheet

I have never liked it that much i would rather use truck heaven 35a this has allways been number 1 truckstop for me :smiley:

Excuse my ignorance but I thought Carnforth was flooded & they had shut up shop?
I don’t go North too often so be gentle :smiley:

Fly sheet

fly sheet:

Carol babe:

fly sheet:

Fly sheet

Excuse my ignorance but I thought Carnforth was flooded & they had shut up shop?

Fly sheet

I hope thats not true i like that one a well :frowning:

fly sheet:

Fly sheet

Carnforth is fully open and working normally :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It was flooded out a couple of years back but it opened back up very quickly using portacabins until the main building was repaired.

alfa man:

fly sheet:

Fly sheet

Carnforth is fully open and working normally :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It was flooded out a couple of years back but it opened back up very quickly using portacabins until the main building was repaired.

:cry: Panic over :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: