crewe truckstop

CREWE TRUCKSTOP
just ate there , had cottage pie , it tasted awful and smelt of soapy water , the plate was swimming in water when lifted pie bowl off plate , never again it cost me six quid with coffee , home cooking not a chance it was disgusting

Sounded good to start with… i dont think they gave it a chance, you need some time and money and patience to get it of the ground…did they expect to get 120 trucks every night and hungry drivers…i think you need to balance it out, after several months or so you will get a patern for your busy and slack times… days, it sounds like some of the truck washes that sprang up around the country there one day gone the next.

The food in the boozer just up the road is edible should of gone in there. :wink:

this week saw me heading up the m6 to manchester and back down to droitwich so i made a decision that i would seek out the truckstop advertised in truckstop news, i remembered that it was in crewe and that it was opposite the industrial estate so i ventured off at junction 16 in search of said truckstop, i was very surprised to find that there was an aa signpost for the truckstop which made it even easier to find.
unsure what to expect and in truth expecting to find a potacabin on the industrial estate with about half a dozen parking spaces i have to admit to being pleasantly surprised although it is a portacabing it has a more permanent image and there is approximately 120 truck parking spaces.
the truckstop has been open for just 6 weeks and already the owner has cut back on the opening hours due to lack of punters.
the cafe which is called deb’s diner is excellent and although i didn’t require sustainence there was another customer eating something that looked delicious.
2 showers for the men and a shower for the ladies - all very clean and in a portacabin next to the cafe.
the stop is operated by ian and debs prophett, ian has a transport background and was previously a driver and operated trucks from the same site as the cafe now stands, a very nice couple who deserve to do well.
the current opening hours are 7am till 3pm but they will open longer once the trade picks up.
the showers are £2 or free with overnight parking, overnight parking is just £10 or £12.50 with a £2.50 meal voucher, there is a 24 hour security man on site who does patrol and the site is floodlit and ring fenced so it offers excellent security.
ian has plans for a drivers tv room and a truckwash for which the space and electric and water is already marked out.
as we all know there is very little in the stoke area in the way of parking for trucks and absolutely nothing in the way of secure parking with the only offerings being msa’s, lymm or stafford lorry park but none offer real security.
ian is quite happy to take accounts from transport operators and already has a small number of accounts and one of which quite surprisingly is from a german company, kottmeyer.
now for the really good part - there is a pub not 300 yards away and the centre of town is just quarter of a mile away offering access to banks, take aways, shops and more pubs.
ian is already wondering if he has done the right thing and is looking at what to do with the land if it doesn’t work out, this is a much needed facility and we should support ian and debs - use it or lose it seems to be the phrase i’m seeking.
try it out - you’ll like it.
if you have sat nav then the post code is CW16FL.
the address is cowley way, off weston road, crewe.
if your boss likes the idea of accounts then they can contact Ian on 07894 865051

Cheers for the info johnny. I’ll go that way to Holyhead on Monday and call in for breakfast. Every little helps.

did you get in there neil?

I didn’t unfortunately. I was on my way there when the radio started reporting an accident on the M6 at junction 16, with queues forming, so I went up the A41 instead. I plan to stop there on my next trip to Dublin, traffic permitting.

I am on night out that way on tues, so if i get that far will go and check it out

Let’s hope they do well. I often go along the A500 to Nantwich, but it is normally mid-evening.

It was a nice touch to include the post code, as I’ve now got a ‘visual’ referrence of where to find it. Something that perhaps T&D might consider including in future reviews. :bulb:

OOPS wrong place :blush: :blush: :blush:

I booked on a Dublin again tomorrow. If it goes, it doesn’t always and I won’t know for sure until I get to DHL at 05:30, I’ll call in on my way to Holyhead, traffic permitting.

Coffeeholic:
I booked on a Dublin again tomorrow. If it goes, it doesn’t always and I won’t know for sure until I get to DHL at 05:30, I’ll call in on my way to Holyhead, traffic permitting.

Perhaps you could write a revue Neil and post on the PDF just in case anybody needs info on the place :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Well what do you know, somebody already has :unamused: :wink:

You would think it would be possible to search for that sort of revue MM. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I didn’t make it there today as the run was cancelled. Two more chances next week as I’m booked for Dublin runs on Wednesday and Friday, they likely won’t go but fingers crossed.

The reason Kottmeyers have an account is that they do quite a lot of work for Bentley motors and they will not let you park anywhere near the factory.

:frowning: Sorry but if they shut at 3pm they have no chance of it working out, if they want to keep going they need to bite the bullet and stay open until at least 7 i would have gone but not now if they shut at 3, and if Ian has a transport background he should be aware of what he needs to do to stay open, he will have to work his nuts off but if it is a good place then drivers will go out of there way to stop there.

Dafman:
:frowning: Sorry but if they shut at 3pm they have no chance of it working out, if they want to keep going they need to bite the bullet and stay open until at least 7 i would have gone but not now if they shut at 3, and if Ian has a transport background he should be aware of what he needs to do to stay open, he will have to work his nuts off but if it is a good place then drivers will go out of there way to stop there.

they were open until 7pm but because nobody was coming after 3pm they decided to close at 3pm to see if things got better, the truckstop is 24/7 if anybody needs to park up in safety and if you need to eat then the pub next door do a varied food menu or you can pop around the corner to the town centre and enjoy anything from fish and chips to a full indian at one of the restaraunts or take aways.

icalled into crewe today and the cafe is closed.
due to a lack of custom debs has decided to let the cafe to someone else, they will take ove in 2 weeks.
the lorry parking is still there and as there is a pub next door and the town is just around the corner drivers will not have to travel far for something to eat.
the parking is secure and the land is ring fenced and lit up.

my boss stopped there last week and said there were just 5 other trucks there but it was a good nights sleep as nobody was parked next to him so he didn’t get disturbed as they got out in the night to pee up the wheel or revved the engine to bits in the morning to build up the air etc.
he said it beats lymm hands down.

johnny:
icalled into crewe today and the cafe is closed.
due to a lack of custom debs has decided to let the cafe to someone else, they will take ove in 2 weeks.

didn’t give it much of a chance :open_mouth: :open_mouth: only been there 6 weeks when you first mentioned it ( so about 8 weeks now)

takes longer than that to get the word about :wink:

Sounds great, i wish i had some land near the M1 here in Barnsley - in fact just reminded myself i forgot to get a lotto for tonight :confused:

tobytyke:
Sounds great, i wish i had some land near the M1 here in Barnsley - in fact just reminded myself i forgot to get a lotto for tonight :confused:

I always fancied buying the old post office @ j38 and using the ground to the side for a truckstop