Taylors Of Martley...

They are advertising for jobs at the mo, including driver training for non-hgv drivers, so do you know or think they’d look at me, with a 2 month old Class 2 and only 7.5 tonne reefer work…■■?

Luv
Chrisie… :cool2: :smack:

Im sure they would be interested Chrisie, you already have the licence so have proved you can drive & pass a test under pressure!

They would be daft not to! As they run quite a lot of Drawbar outfits you are literally half way there.

Just tell them we sent you :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve got nothing to lose by asking and as you have that class 2 and 7.5 tonne experience shows you have experience of what required tacho, meeting delivery times, etc. I think they should give you a chance. :wink:

Umm, how do I put this. If you get to that point read the employment contract very, very carefully before you take the plunge, especially where vehicle damage is concerned.

Ragtop:
They are advertising for jobs at the mo, including driver training for non-hgv drivers, so do you know or think they’d look at me, with a 2 month old Class 2 and only 7.5 tonne reefer work…■■?

Luv

Obviously Qhunter has some concerns that you should not dismiss, however, I DO know that this company has a policy of actively encourageing further training, and that, whenever I have worked for them on an agency basis, they have been content to let me make my own decisions.

:smiley: :smiley: :wink: Cheers Guys… :wink:

I’m gonna give them a call this morning…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

I met one of their drivers in layby once and asked him if he fancied a pint he said yes but i cant go anywhere for 10 minutes i said why?. he said becuse they pay you from the tacho and only to the nearest 15 mionutes so he just sat there and waited until it was 1/4 past the hour a bit mean if you ask me but he seemed happy in the job with them.

:open_mouth: :unamused: Seems a bit pointless and lazy in this age of computers and clever stuff…

Even so, i really need the experience at the mo, so even if it’s only for a couple of years it would be nice, but hopefully, wot wiv them being so close, a nice longterm job too…

I was commuting 90miles a day to my previous job, and i’m still doing 40, and in a turbo’ed car, that drains the ■■■■■ quite quickly :laughing: so to get a local job would be really ace… and cheap… :wink:

Luv

Rags, I see you’re in Worcester!!

Why not try Wild International■■? He is advertising… was with 2 of his drivers Monday evening. I know there is a bit of “aggro” due to the Ralph Davies connection, but the drivers seemed happy enough. Newish kit and reefers… oppurtunity of European work as well.

Cheers for that Bear… :wink: I haven’t heard of them, but i’ll have a look thru the phone book when the sun comes up… :slight_smile:

Luv

Is that Wild International in Pershore? Next to Big Shot Studios.

If not who is it?

I have no idea, Nut :confused:

I know their kit is predomintally white with a blue ‘wave’ on it.

Wild International in big letters on the sides

Sounds like them…we tip tauts in the Fastmag place 'round the corner, and I pulled into there yard the first time I went there for directions… :wink:

As I understand it and I hope I am not breaking any rules here … the “aggro” between him and RD is this … one of the Office chappies got left rather a large amount of money in a will… so he left, set his own and new company but has taken half of RD’s work with him … apparrently at first this caused an awful lot of friction between the drivers…instigated mainly by RD drivers. This was told me by one of the Wild drivers… how true, I have no idea

where are wild advertising??cus i cant find any details for them

am sure they have a website… wildinternational. com

scaniaman:
where are wild advertising??cus i cant find any details for them

They were on a previous post and their details are on here http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3672&highlight=wild+international

I asked if Wild were in Pershore :question: They’re not, they are in Blackpole. They will probably be on their way to khazakstan soon :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a company in Pershore running with Tilts and Fridges, just cant remember the name, but it is supposed to be a decent job. The tackle looks ok if you can put up with Scanias. UK and Continental

Cheers guys… :wink: :wink:

Isn’t the one in Pershore with fridges and curstainsiders, “Rick White”…

Been thinking about them too…

Luv

Chrisie. Re “Rick White’s” ask to speak to Danny, or better still call in and see him. Although, I think he has a full complement of drivers at the moment.

If you look further down the forums you will see that there is a training company, based not far from yourself, which is shown as sponsoring the FAQ forum. Try phoning them up and asking to speak to Nigel. He has numerous local contacts and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck.