Taco run down required

Hi all,

Need a bit of help with the day to day using of a taco. Just done my cat c and will be doing my first job with a tacograph tomorrow. Think the wagon im in as the cassette type. i know drivers hours etc but i just want to know how to use the actual machine ie which way up to put the taco etc. Dont want to look a :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: on my first day.

cheers :smiley:

Hang on a minute :open_mouth:. You told us last night that you’d been driving 7.5 tonners on agency for God knows how long. Are you telling us you’ve never bothered to use a tacho in it :open_mouth: :question:

Put the tacho in with the face side, the side where the traces are recorded, up. Don’t keep a blank disc or plastic disc in the second driver slot. Use the mode button exactly the same way you do on a ‘normal’ tacho, that’ll be the mode button with the number 1 beside it.

Easy really,they are just the same as regular tacho heads just a different shape.

Rob just to clarify. i have driven on 7.5t with the agency however the vehicles i have been in upto press are the standard head type. i have also driven in a vehicle with the casstte type but have always been the second driver. and the main driver as always put in the charts etc.

thanks again. :smiley:

You put them in the cassette ones exactly the same.

thanks didnt want to put them in the wrong way…

Bones:
thanks didnt want to put them in the wrong way…

Don’t worry, I did on my very first job…

oops :blush: how did that go down with the powers that be?

Bones:
oops :blush: how did that go down with the powers that be?

It didn’t get that far cos I asked another driver what I was meant to be doing and he showed me.

And make sure you hook it under the little clear plastic bit at the top left corner.