Tacograph infrigment me thinks

Hey guys. So yestrday i started driving for tyre company here. Loved it even though i was in a lwb sprinter all day yestrday deliveryn tyres to dealers and garages etc. Today i was put in a sprinter box van. 1st time ever using tacograph. Given my paper work. Set up my sat nav. Put my digi card in on cross hammers did checks. Filled up with diesel and of i go… was handy because when you did a drop it automaticly went to cross hammers. Drove of and steering wheel symbol shown. I keep driving and checking how many hours i drove as i want to stop for 15 at 2hr driving. I was confused also because it showed 2 same driving hours above and below each other on left hand side. So into about 8mins break and farmer appears. Seem id parked against gate. Had to let his cows out. Told him i was on break. Had to move forward couple feet. So recored driving. So now im freakn out. Anyway finshed my break and drove of. Had done over 4hrs driving and was goin to take my 30 before 4hr30 driving. When a T appeared on dash. The driving time was flashing also saying 4hr15 i pulled over had 30, drove to next drop mile down road. Break flashing again. Its just thrown me of now complety and all i want to do is drive. Somebody please have look at these print outs. I did driver 1. And another print it. Confusing me all together now.feel im never gona do the job ive wanted for long time :neutral_face:

Hey guys. Read my other post regarding this. (Tacograph infringement me thinks)

basically when you moved in your first 15 you reset the timer, so had a break of 6mins and 9mins, If you move a digi taco when on break it resets, After moving for the farmer you need to wait for 15mins.

the 4.15 flashing up is telling you that you need to take a 45m break or 30m if you had a 15 all ready.

Because you never took a proper 15m on the tacho, the 30m break you took did not reset the driving hours, so thats why it was flashing up constantly.

Thanks alot matty for explaining that. I never though about that. What you think will happen?

If your company download your card, they may just get you to sign a disclaimer about the infringement just takes the liability off them.

other than that not a lot unless you get stopped by VOSA, then its up to them, may let you off may fine you.

Make a note on the back of your printout regarding what happened.

You cannot have a 15 minute break in 2 parts, when you moved the vehicle you should have restarted the break.

You did 4 hours 35 minutes driving with only a 30 minute break so you will get an infringement, 5 minutes over the 4½ hours driving time isn’t too serious so don’t worry about it, just make sure you don’t do it too often.

davy1111:
I was confused also because it showed 2 same driving hours above and below each other on left hand side

The top one is the current driving time since the last 45 minute break or daily/weekly rest period, the bottom one is the accumulated fortnightly driving time.

As this was the first time you’ve used your driver card the driving period and fortnightly driving would be the same until you’d have a 45 minute break, you’ll find they’re different the next time you use the driver card.

By the way, you managed to have a 30 minute break 4 minutes before you’d been working for 6 hours so you’re clear for the 6 hour rule :smiley: :wink:

Put the other one down to experience and learn from it :wink:

Tacograph. I planed on driving 2hrs dead. Then the 15 break. Until the farmer. Then before my 4 half hors driving i was taking my 30. Then it would of reset. Then do same again. I wouldnt of needed 2nd break :smiley:

Don’t waste your time with 6 minute and 9 minute breaks… if your gonna take a break…do it in block either 15 mins or 30 mins and I find adding a minute or so on to the break helps…

davy1111:
Tacograph. I planed on driving 2hrs dead. Then the 15 break. Until the farmer. Then before my 4 half hors driving i was taking my 30. Then it would of reset. Then do same again. I wouldnt of needed 2nd break :smiley:

I realise that mate, what you need to remember is that once you interrupt a break you need to restart the whole break :wink:

This may help you to know when you’ve had the correct break.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84198&p=1157075#p1157075

Swampy. I wasnt taken 6 and 9 breaks in badness :laughing: . Its because of the farmer. Thanks tacograph. I turned down more work on monday because of it. Wouldnt ya know agencys not happy about the turn down

Dont worry about it on your print out just state 1st break was taken but had to move the truck due to the cow doing a bunk, its not a major it clearly shows you stopped for 15 and 30 but as said if its not taken in full big brother wont reset,

On some stonebridges you can move the truck while on break and it wont show if done in under 2 mins. Not ALL THOUGH before i get a backlash.

The end of the day your a new driver so relax it happens

vysie:
Dont worry about it on your print out just state 1st break was taken but had to move the truck due to the cow doing a bunk, its not a major it clearly shows you stopped for 15 and 30 but as said if its not taken in full big brother wont reset,

On some stonebridges you can move the truck while on break and it wont show if done in under 2 mins. Not ALL THOUGH before i get a backlash.

The end of the day your a new driver so relax it happens

That’s right you can’t move for 2 minutes on all Stonridge tachographs, just the faulty ones :wink:

No digital tachograph will allow you to move for more than 30 seconds without recording it as driving unless it’s faulty, and it’s only the new type that may let you get away with 30 seconds.

Thanks vysie. You made me feel bit better about it. Apprecate it. You too t tacograph. Cheers. And everybody else. One other thing guys when takeing my 15 or 30. When 15 and 30 was up. Was it right of me to let it run 16min and 31min. Ive heard on here people do it to make sure you get 15 and 30. And dont under stand this 6hr which comes 1st??

davy1111:
One other thing guys when takeing my 15 or 30. When 15 and 30 was up. Was it right of me to let it run 16min and 31min. Ive heard on here people do it to make sure you get 15 and 30.

It’s up to you, you won’t get into any bother for taking an extra minute or two, but if you take the length of the break off the digital tachograph display you can go when the bottom right time shows exactly 15 or 30 or 45 minutes.
If you don’t take the time off the tachograph display, for instance if you’re using an analogue tachograph you would be wise to add 4 or 5 minutes to each break.

In this screen which on a Siemens tachograph is reached by pressing the down arrow when the vehicle is stationary, the times are:
Top left

• Accumulated driving time since last reset (since last 45 minute break or rest period)

Bottom Left

• Accumulated fortnightly driving time

Top right

• Accumulated break since last reset

Bottom right

• Length of current break

davy1111:
And dont under stand this 6hr which comes 1st??

I’m not sure what you mean, presumably you’re referring to the 6 hour rule.
The 6 hour rule is a WTD rule that states that you must have a 15 minute break before working more than 6 hours, driving breaks count for the working time regulations and vice versa.

For instance on the printout you’ve posted you had a 31 minute driving break when you was 5 hours 56 minutes into the shift, that’s covered you for the 6 hour rule, if you’d worked another 6 hours after that break you would have needed another 15 minute break even if you hadn’t reached another 4½ hours driving time.

davy1111:
Today i was put in a sprinter box van. 1st time ever using tacograph.

What is the GVW of a Sprinter box van?

Thanks tacograph. Yes the the 6hr rule wtd. Thats what i meant. I seen apost before you put up if you would mind doing it again i could write down. It was of example of a day. Like drive 2hrs. Have break. Daily rest etc. And another thing. Should i write down the hours ive drove down on the tacograph? At the end of the day. So i know how many hours ive got left out of 56 for the week?

Rog if im correct think was 3.5t

davy1111:
Rog if im correct think was 3.5t

Then tacho does not have to be used and it certainly does not come under EU regs