tacograph

Hi guys. Anybody got a link for a tacograph simulator i could use to get grips with useing it. Ive tryed apps and google but cant find anything decent. Thanks guys :smiley:

Be aware that this is for type 1 digital tachographs

Type 1 digital tachographs are a bit different to type 2 when doing manual entries.

Youtube videos.

Digital tacho manual entry Siemens 1.3 (Type 1)

Digital tacho manual entry Siemens 1.4 (New Type)

5 sessions, explaining how to use the Siemens DTCO 1381 Digital Tachograph Unit (version 1.4)

HTH :wink:

Thanks tacographs. When do i use man entries? Not sure on them either. Is this when truck is being used by others? :smiley:

davy1111:
Thanks tacographs. When do i use man entries? Not sure on them either. Is this when truck is being used by others? :smiley:

Manual entries cover working time when your card is not inserted. For example if you start at 07:00 but don’t put your card in until 07:20 you would show a manual entry to cover the 20 unaccounted minutes

Ok thanks. Ive seen some vids on you tube. And people adding other work on an stuff. Just wasnt sure :smiley:

As said you do manual entries to record activities that you do when the driver card in not in the tachograph.

Many drivers will have to do some work after ejecting the driver card, such as paperwork, debriefing and booking off.
Likewise many drivers will do some activities before inserting the driver card, they may need to do paperwork or even wait for a vehicle or wait for the vehicle to be loaded.
Hence the need to do manual entries.

Ok thanks. So if im waiting 10mins on paper work and meant to start at 8am i have to do man entry and add those 10mins on?

davy1111:
Ok thanks. So if im waiting 10mins on paper work and meant to start at 8am i have to do man entry and add those 10mins on?

You are supposed to,some people don’t seem to bother but once you’re used to it the manual entries only take a minute so there’s not much point in not doing them really.

So if i use my card for very first time i dont do manual entry? Cause its my first time useing it. Just enter no? And everytime after that manual? Sorry this manual entrys and adding work to last shift confuses me bit. I know the basics but other stuff bit confusing and ive assement on wedsnday :blush:

davy1111:
So if i use my card for very first time i dont do manual entry? Cause its my first time useing it. Just enter no? And everytime after that manual? Sorry this manual entrys and adding work to last shift confuses me bit. I know the basics but other stuff bit confusing and ive assement on wedsnday :blush:

You can do a manual entry for just the start of the shift, but don’t worry about it they’re unlikely to expect you to do a manual entry for an assessment.

Firstly, if you have never put your card in the machine, expect it to be rejected. Once it spits it out, just reinsert it.
Even if it’s your first time, a manual entry would still be needed. Not because of your last shift but to cover the time at the start of your shift prior to inserting your card. e.g. interview at 10 but you don’t get behind the wheel until 11. You should make a manual entry from 10 till 11.

So your more likely doing manual entrys every morning due to waiting about? Why the opition of no entrys?

davy1111:
So your more likely doing manual entrys every morning due to waiting about? Why the opition of no entrys?

You’re likely to do manual entries to cover any activity that has not been automatically recorded on your driver card, in other words anything you do while you’re at work and your driver card is not in the tachograph.

As far as the no entry is concerned I assume you’re talking about when you can select not to do a manual entry on type 1 tachographs, it’s just telling the tachograph that you’re not going to do a manual entry.

Got it tacograph thanks. Yes i mean not doing man entry. What if i choose not to do one?

davy1111:
Got it tacograph thanks. Yes i mean not doing man entry. What if i choose not to do one?

On old type digital tachograph it could mean that you’re not fully complying with the regulations and recording all your activities, but that’s about all the difference it will make, on the newer type digital tachographs, as some people have found to their cost it could lead to your daily rest periods being recorded as other work.

No i deffo want to go by regs. Cant afford to get fined. Just want to make sure i know what im doing just in case i get offerd the job. Tacographs the only thing im worryed about :neutral_face:

If your employer has given you a work book to record all activities,the start and end times of the shift must match up with the tachograph records.
A work book is a legal requirement.
If stopped by the DVSA or Police and there are gaps in time that can not be accounted for,it may end in a court case for fraud.Sometimes a truck will get late back from a night shift or still be in the workshop.
If you are told to report to work and there is no truck,you still get paid from the reporting time and not the time you get in the lorry.
Once you get used to manual entries,it is ok.
At the start of the next day,it will ask what time the shift ended the day before.

Hope so toby. Just want to know how they work properly :laughing:

It took me a while to get used to doing manual entries as every tachograph is different.
To help you out when doing it,the tacho will ask what you want to do.
Start of shift,rewind the start time by selecting the activity mode of crossed hammers for other work.
It is best to ask a driver to show you.As it can go wrong.

Thanks toby. Ive no probs about taking breaks etc. Just man entries. Suppose like everything ill get use to it. Its making me really nervous but dont want it to get in the way of somthing i want to do. Driving etc