Tacho training... just a small "Vent"

So there I was, out doin’ the do, washing machines up to the 3rd floor flat and one down? no probs. Bed and mattress upstairs and assembled? Sure, why not.
And I got a txt from Agency boss (In house) at John Lewis.
Do I want to do WBR1 training tomorrow, Friday, 07:00-10:00, not paid, and then go out on my normal route at 10:30?

I txtd back, if it’s not going to affect my normal working hours, then count me in.
(Any training is good training, right? Ok, that one’s open to discussion)

Up at 05:30 Friday morning, on the bus at 06:15. E.T.A. at work 06:45. Perfect. Ready to do me training with a good attitude, got an A4 pad, plenty of pens, bring it on.

Arrived at work, didn’t clock in, got called to Agency boss’ desk.
Seems that Management would like me to do the training (Voluntary, unpaid) but don’t think that I can do my normal route afterwards. wtf?
Our routes/shifts start at 10:30 and they finish at 21:30. 11 hours.
Yep, sometimes we go over by an hour or so. (I hold the record, as a noob, of clocking out one night at 00:50 :smiley:)
But nothing to say that I would go over my legal time for being at work. Driving hours? Pfft, mebbe 4 a day. Working time? Yeah, mebbe 11 or 12.
So add on the 3 from earlier…15 max.

Volunteering for tacho trg (where, after doing a real complicated manual entry, the instructor said "■■■■ off home, you’re fine) cost me £157.74 top line.

On the plus side…
IF I hadn’t been accepted by the Agency when I applied
IF I had failed the assessment by JL
IF I hadn’t been working there amongst some of the best blokes I’ve met
THEN I wouldn’t have the Ks in the bank that I do.
And for that, I’m grateful and this should not be seen as a whinge ot a complaint.

If I had had that tacho trg on my first couple of days I would not have had to carry around reams of paper for the first month.
Even though I am Agency Scum I am going to bring it to the attention of a Manager tomorrow. Should be mandatory trg, first day.

Shoulda been in today, cancelled.
Shoulda been in tomorrow, cancelled.

I like this, my little diary thread :smiley: