Just an introduction

Hello chaps and chapess’s (if there are any girls that is)

I stumbled across this forum last night whilst searching for some part-time/agency work. I’ve had my class 1 licence for nearly 3 years and been driving them for the entirety of that time but the difference being it’s ALL been on private property therefore not gaining any road experience and no tacho experience at all! I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and I feel the time has come for me to got off my a@#e a get some agency work to fill in the gaps and hopefully fill my wallet too! I’ve been propa nervous :open_mouth: about the thought of getting out in the real world amongst the “dreamers in beemers” , “berks in mercs” , tree hugging cyclists and of course those pesky bus drivers! It’s nice to know I’m not on my own in feeling nervous and in the nicest possible way, comforting to see that some poeple have had absolute nightmare 1st trip out. :laughing:

robs.2000

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome robs.2000 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

robs.2000:
the time has come for me to got off my a@#e a get some agency work to fill in the gaps

Regarding agency work - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

Working on days off - remember that you must have a full unbroken 45 hours off in every other week and at least 24 unbroken hours off in every week. A week is Mon 0000 to Sun 2400
In any week where you come under EU regs you must record the days you worked in your normal job on a digi or analogue tacho card (seperate on for each day worked) your name.date, start & finish time.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Cheers Rog thanks for the heads up ideally I want just a few days even hours on the road to get my confidence back, maybe even do a refresher with the driving school. I didn’t see that the odd day hear and there would make any difference especially as I work the shift pattern that I do! For example drive for agency on 2nd and or 3rd day off therefore staying within the rules and regs. It looks like it could all get very messy and complicated.

Can’t see you having too much of a problem out on the " road ".
You’ve got 3 years experience,albeit on private land,much more than some who are going out this week for the first time.
Try not to be " propa nervous " confidence is the key,you’ve got it.
Good luck. :wink:

Yeah my confidence in the actual handing of an artic doesn’t really phase me i’s more the legallities of it all i think

robs.2000:
Yeah my confidence in the actual handing of an artic doesn’t really phase me i’s more the legallities of it all i think

If you mean the regulations then maybe some of these might help - happy reading :wink:

EU DRIVER REGS
VOSA GUIDE
RT(WTD)R regs

THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Please print (colour, not black & white)
£49 MEDICALS
cheap medical places around the UK
DIGI CARD FORM (Print in colour only)

cheers again Rog a proper know it all you are eh? Thanks again

Just been told by my doctor that a medical is £148 - cash only!!! Why would they be charging so much and cash only!!

Owner Drivers:
Just been told by my doctor that a medical is £148 - cash only!!! Why would they be charging so much and cash only!!

£148 :open_mouth: Tell him he’s taking the pish !

www.drivermedicals.com 0870 609 1540,costs £49.

Owner Drivers:

Download the 8 page D4 Medical Form Please print (colour, not black & white)
£49 MEDICALS
cheap medical places around the UK
hope this helps

robs.2000:
Hello chaps and chapess’s (if there are any girls that is)

Hi robs.2000,

There are lots of chaps and quite a few chapesses on these forums mate. :smiley: :grimacing: