Tacho rules

Hi

Just queried with th Transport Manager, and he has said to me not to confuse driving time with working time and that the 90 hour rule does that not apply to me as i do not drive continusley for that amount of time, I thought working time was the same as driving, need some clarity on this…

:frowning:

Simod:
I thought working time was the same as driving, need some clarity on this.

I thought I had in my last post !!

Why does he say that the 90 hours driving in a fortnight rule does not apply :question: - if under EU regs then it most certainly does

ROG:

Simod:
I thought working time was the same as driving, need some clarity on this.

I thought I had in my last post !!

Why does he say that the 90 hours driving in a fortnight rule does not apply :question: - if under EU regs then it most certainly does

I think you should forget what I said about 561/2006 and follow animals advice by nipping into Simonswood and pick up 2 copies of GV262.

One for you and one for the TM, otherwise you will be both on bread and water in the same room :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for that :wink: :bulb:

as then they will both have a hard copy in front of them so no arguments :wink:

tachograph:
The fixed week runs from 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday.
In each fixed week you should have a “weekly rest” period of at least 45 hours, however you can reduce this to no less than 24 hours which is called a “reduced weekly rest”.:wink:

Erm… Methought the ‘fixed working week’ is only there to work out the max weekly driving limit.
The working week commences as soon as you start work after a weekly rest period, be it any day of the week.
The way I see it, is that you can have a one day working week within the rules.
ie 24/45 hr weekly rest------work one day----------have another 24/45 hr rest.

stevel:

tachograph:
In each fixed week you should have a “weekly rest” period of at least 45 hours, however you can reduce this to no less than 24 hours which is called a “reduced weekly rest”.:wink:

Erm… Methought the ‘fixed working week’ is only there to work out the max weekly driving limit.
The working week commences as soon as you start work after a weekly rest period, be it any day of the week.

Me thinks you are getting the FIXED week for EU regs (or working week for RT(WTD)R regs) which is mon 0000 to sun 2400 mixed up with the ‘week’ that is worked between weekly rest periods …

stevel:

There isn’t a fixed working week. There is the working week which begins and ends with a weekly rest and isn’t tied to the calendar week. then there is the fixed week which is used for weekly and fortnightly driving limits, extended driving days and weekly rest requirements. Having a weekly rest does not reset the the weekly/fortnightly driving counter, that only happens at 00:00 on a Monday.

Coffeeholic:

stevel:

There isn’t a fixed working week. There is the working week which begins and ends with a weekly rest and isn’t tied to the calendar week. then there is the fixed week which is used for weekly and fortnightly driving limits, extended driving days and weekly rest requirements. Having a weekly rest does not reset the the weekly/fortnightly driving counter, that only happens at 00:00 on a Monday.

Yep hands up, slip of the keyboard,meant to type fixed week. Of course there is no fixed working week.

stevel:

tachograph:

But you still need to have either a regular weekly rest or a reduced weekly rest in each fixed week, so it’s not really only there for the driving limits.
You’re correct that it doesn’t matter what days the weekly rest falls on as long as a weekly rest period fits into each week, and you should have a full 45 hour weekly rest at least every other week.

I think you’ll find that the paragraph you quoted was relevant to the OPs questions on how the weekly rest should be taken ie: “{so i get a day off in the week now does the 45 hours have to be taken in one 1 block every week”} :wink: