? Symbol Can be seen as break/rest?

Hi all,
So today I had 2 different vehicles (not unusual) However, when putting my card in the second vehicle the Tachograph display asked if i wanted to complete a manual entry to which I said yes. The local time was correct, but would only let me enter time in UTC, which I only now realise. Inputted other work then went to input my 1 hour break, which I couldn’t because of the time display actually being UTC. After trying to correct my mistake I by going back to start again it wouldn’t let me so I pressed OK. I was then asked if I wanted to confirm to which I said NO ( in the hope I could start over) it didn’t and recorded my time between vehicles as ? Which I know is unaccounted time, and it reset my drive time as well. So my question is can I claim that I was on break for a 1 hour period of that time ( which I was) and would it be acceptable as a break to DVSA and Tachograph software when card is downloaded.
I have done printouts with explanations just case.

Hope this makes sense
Thanks in advance

It’s unknown but presumed rest so you’d be fine.

toonsy:
It’s unknown but presumed rest so you’d be fine.

It’s never happened before and I’ve had a clean card for as long as I can remember and would annoy me if I had an infringement for it, but hey ho these things happen. No doubt I’ll be questioned by company about it, but have covered my ■■■ with printouts just in case.

It’s accepted as rest if there’s no evidence that you carried out any work.

Rest and break, whilst the same symbol are different things, legally you need to do a printout and write on you messed up the manual entry, on break between X and X, other work between X and X, sign it and keep it for 28 days, then hand it in to the office, or just make 2 copies and hand 1 straight in.

I know plenty will roll their eyes, but it takes less than a minute, no brainer.

stevieboy308:
It’s accepted as rest if there’s no evidence that you carried out any work.

Rest and break, whilst the same symbol are different things, legally you need to do a printout and write on you messed up the manual entry, on break between X and X, other work between X and X, sign it and keep it for 28 days, then hand it in to the office, or just make 2 copies and hand 1 straight in.

I know plenty will roll their eyes, but it takes less than a minute, no brainer.

Yeah have already done 2 prints with explanations just in case