Supermarket Jobs

Can anyone offer any advice on getting jobs on the supermarket deliveries?

Once I get my licences I think I’ll go for one of these jobs as I think the hours will suit me and my family life, nights would be preferred.

Are these jobs agency based…or do they employ directly?

Thanks in advance for any info

paul261267:
Can anyone offer any advice on getting jobs on the supermarket deliveries?

One I get my licences I think I’ll go for one of these jobs as I think the hours will suit me and my family life, nights would be preferred.

Are these jobs agency based…or do they employ directly?

Did you mean ‘‘once you get your licence’’ ?

If you are a new Cat C+E driver, it will be difficult to get work.

That’s the Catch 22 situation for new drivers - need experience - can’t get experience.

I can only suggest an Agency in your area such as

Very knowledgable and reccomending the same agy out of Sheffield as Normanton…You not advertising by any chance are you :wink:

There’s Tesco at Doncaster (J3 M18) run by Wincanton which aren’t that far from you. They were advertising the other week for class 1 drivers, a rolling 5 day shift I think ( start sunday finish thursday - start sat finish wed, start saturday finish wed - something like that anyway :unamused: ) pay was £23000 per annum. I don’t know if they take on newly passed drivers but there’s no harm in trying, you might get lucky :laughing:

thecoder0:
Very knowledgable and reccomending the same agy out of Sheffield as Normanton…You not advertising by any chance are you :wink:

Decent agencies like deserve a mention.

They have an office both in Sheffield AND Normanton.

Get back to work you naughty boy :frowning:

acerecruitment:
Get back to work you naughty boy :frowning:

OK Sir - I love you.

Thanks for the info. And yes I do mean when I get my licences, which hopefully will be in the very near future.

Thanks also for the mention Truck Driver, this agency has been mentioned to me before, and comes very highly recommended.

I have done a bit for both Asda & Tesco.
From what I have seen is that they use agency drivers then if your face fits when a permanent position comes up you will be offered it.
I have known guys to be in these places over a year on the agency.

Up here in Scotland Tesco & Asda never (well I have never seen it) advertise for drivers. They just use the agency guys.

Most agency drivers going to Supermarket work have an assessment first, which for a new driver is often a nightmare, especially the reversing.
Try and get in for December when they are deperate for drivers.

paul261267:
Thanks also for the mention Truck Driver, this agency has been mentioned to me before, and comes very highly recommended.

I am not sure but I think TRUCKDRIVER works for them…apparently they pay great rates because they don’t have to pay for advertising :wink: :wink:

:laughing:

paul261267:
Thanks for the info. And yes I do mean when I get my licences, which hopefully will be in the very near future.

Well good luck with the licence. When you have it, I would strongly suggest that you invest £80 in two hours of off road driving tuition in a full size artic.

(There is a disused airfield that they use in Sheffield.)

Use this time to practise Loading Bay reversing - that is, approaching the Bay at 90 degrees - NOT the useless reversing that they do on the test.

Yes I do work for them - as a driver - and I have no connections with the Administration.

I believe that good agencies should get a mention - hopefully it will drive those cowboy outfits out of town, and there are lots of them.

thecoder0:

paul261267:

I am not sure but I think TRUCKDRIVER works for them…apparently they pay great rates because they don’t have to pay for advertising :wink: :wink:

Of course I work - all the best drivers do.