subbing

Being looking in to doing some subbie work for the likes of maritime and gold star, and was wondering if any one on here had hauled containers for them. I’m not in it to make a fortune, I have other funds coming in just looking for every ones thoughts and opinions. Good or bad cheers .

To keep this thread together, I’ve merged your two posts into one. dd.

Maritime have had Lots of bad press on here from a subbie point of veiw do a search and see

I think if you do a search on Maritime and gold star, i am sure you will get a lot of topics up about them.

i sub on a part time basis for a couple of big container companys but neither advertise for hauliers, work it out :wink:

That’s a very good peice of advice chaversdad I speak from experience.

Elderpoint must be rubbish as always advertising for subbies. :confused: Freightliners subbies always seem happy and talk well of there work. :confused:

Complete waste of time. You’re just earning the same money as if you drove one of their motors, a bit more if you’re lucky.

Only buy a truck if you can get work that pays decent money. You need to know someone who will look after you for traction work to be anywhere near worth doing. Save yourself a lot of wasted time, effort, worry & don’t bother.

Most (not all) traction work that is easy to get on to is last chance saloon for people who have lost decent work and don’t know it’s time to throw in the towel or for deluded folk.

Or on the other hand go for it, what have you got to lose!

its been said before but if you are looking at container work you need to be doing locals as i fail to see how anyone makes money doing hundreds of miles everyday

Silver_Surfer:
Complete waste of time. You’re just earning the same money as if you drove one of their motors, a bit more if you’re lucky.

Only buy a truck if you can get work that pays decent money. You need to know someone who will look after you for traction work to be anywhere near worth doing. Save yourself a lot of wasted time, effort, worry & don’t bother.

Most (not all) traction work that is easy to get on to is last chance saloon for people who have lost decent work and don’t know it’s time to throw in the towel or for deluded folk.

Or on the other hand go for it, what have you got to lose!

Here here totally agree.
John