Subbing for maritime

Hello people was lookin info on maritime any idea what weekly earnings are? Are they kept busy? Are there trailers in good Order? Any info would be great thanks

Type “Maritime” into the search bar. You will find enough information to keep you busy for the whole weekend! You will definitely have a more “informed” opinion come Sunday night! :wink: :wink:

.........jpg.jpg

Be warned!! rates are lousy, my mate did it and said he earned more doing a paper round when he was 10 :open_mouth:

only one person makes money out of the maritime deal and it is’nt the guy that does the job

I bought a DAF from Maritime 9 months ago on the buy with work scheme. After everything is paid I earn a half decent wage.
Take no notice of the “My mate” or “I know somebody who subbed for maritime once about 100 years ago”.

MrTwister:
I bought a DAF from Maritime 9 months ago on the buy with work scheme. After everything is paid I earn a half decent wage.
Take no notice of the “My mate” or “I know somebody who subbed for maritime once about 100 years ago”.

But sure you can “earn a half decent wage” without all the hassle/stress of being an O/D and running your own truck.
Are you making any half decent PROFITS!!!

Thanks for the info lads .i was wondering if there any point in going on as long as there was a bit of profit after all paid would be nice! Is there any depots better than others ? And the buy truck and get the work does that secure regular work and steady income? Any info would be great thanks

About 5 years ago I found myself with a spare unit, so made a phone call, filled in the documents they required on a Friday, 10am Monday morning truck was in Tilbury hitching up a trailer ready for a box.

To be fair to Maritime, they were efficient, they would keep the truck moving, and payments every Friday. More than can be said for most customers these days. I’ll put some questions and answers below which may help…

• Did it make money ?
  • Sometimes. This depends on the driver. If they use tacho sensibly and get a full day in at can be done.
  • Would I do it again ?
  • Yes. Great for cashflow if you run other trucks on more profitable work. But don’t rely on this for your first million.
  • Demurrage ?
  • This was an issue. Truck spent 3 days at one site waiting to tip. Customer refused to pay so Maritime refused to pay.
  • Key points.
  • Make sure the truck is good on fuel. Make sure the driver is good on fuel. Keep on top of dispatchers.

Hope this helps.

Could you please elaborate on your great for cash flow statement

Tarmac duck:
Could you please elaborate on your great for cash flow statement

Think he means they paid him weekly

Thanks again for the info lads good or bad all helps could be a start from there the prompt payment is plus !

Trucker4276:
Thanks again for the info lads good or bad all helps could be a start from there the prompt payment is plus !

Wincanton pay even quicker, they are on 7 days and its self-billing :wink:

I recieved an info pack off wincanton recently I found the trailer rental deal a bit dodgy and to sit in excess of five hours for £15 demurrage seems a little tight.

Tarmac duck:
I recieved an info pack off wincanton recently I found the trailer rental deal a bit dodgy and to sit in excess of five hours for £15 demurrage seems a little tight.

The DM is extremely poor, that`s for sure :smiling_imp:

The trailer package has been pretty good from my experience, we have had a couple of tyre problems which never produced debit notes, the driver did spot both problems whilst stationary, and WCL got their tyre man in, and both were fixed whilst the trailer was on the customers site :wink:

They have also not charged for bank hols when not being used, they have also not charged for rental, when a driver has been off for a day or so :wink:

For a huge company, they do seem to operate a back scratch system, you look after them, and they will reciprocate :wink: