Stupid Question :)

O well , here goes, sorry for sounding like an idiot!!

I am goin to an agency job tomorrow, will be a curtainsider she thinks, have never driven one before, I know is difficult when you are only describing it, but how basically do u open the curtains? :confused: I know there are like ratchet straps, but isnt there smthg else that you have to unlock, at each side on the back?

Sorry for the lameness of the question, but if anyone could come back to me on it tonite, would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Cheers
Steve

at the front on the bottom there is a handle pull it up & out to release the bar on the curtain & you can then pull the curtain back after you have relesed the side straps.

Dr Keys:
O well , here goes, sorry for sounding like an idiot!!

I am goin to an agency job tomorrow, will be a curtainsider she thinks, have never driven one before, I know is difficult when you are only describing it, but how basically do u open the curtains? :confused: I know there are like ratchet straps, but isnt there smthg else that you have to unlock, at each side on the back?

Sorry for the lameness of the question, but if anyone could come back to me on it tonite, would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Cheers
Steve

Iā€™m glad you asked that question and not me :laughing:

since there are many types i will describe as best as i can the one i have come across mostā€¦

At either end where the pole sits (insert joke) there will be two levers one lever is for ratchetting and the other is for realeasing or locking the ratchet.

So basically. unclip all the buckles along the trailer. Release the ā€œlockingā€ lever WATCH YOUR FINGERS!! this will allow you to pull the curtain out and then lift the pole out of its holder the curtain can then be drawn back

In reverse pull the curtain across make sure your pole goes in the hole (insert another joke!) close the locking lever and then use the ratchet lever to tension the curtain repeat at both ends then do up the buckles along the curtain.

Think that covers it but probably made a glaring gaff that will be pointed out im sure!! :laughing:

Also try this threadā€¦
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ā€¦ tainsiders

Firstly there are no stupid questions, nobody knows anything until they are shown.
Secondly Bones has it right, there are varations on the theme but that is how most of them work.
When tightening the buckles up donā€™t overdo it they are not called taughtliners for nothing. Same goes for the ratchets just tight enough not to flap.
Some times when putting the pole back in it can be awkward to get the top of the pole in the right position so you can lift high enough to get the bottom in position on top of the ratchet.
Good look by the way, hope you have a good day.

K, thx for the replies guys, appreciate it!!

Cheers

Steve

hey dr keys,

seriously mate there ā– ā– ā– ā–  easy,u undo unstrap and restrap curtain siders all nite and have come across every type.

the straps are pretty much a no brainer,just dont leave them up or over tighten(the guys who have to undo them after u will be rather mad if they are) :laughing:

as for the poles normally theres 2 levers,1 will tighten the sides like a ratchet and the smaller one will normally break the tention and release the curtain.

just spend 5 mins having a play befor u set off,or ask some one to show u :smiley:

There is no such thing as a stupid question.
Just stupid people who wont ask! :unamused:

:slight_smile: Thanks MotherTrucker, and yes, everyone who was kind enough to post a reply, it IS pretty easy ainā€™t it? lol Itā€™s just that I panic a little too much about the unknown :wink:

Thanks all for your replies anyway :slight_smile:

Cheers

Steve

langver-engineering.com/

Good illustrations here.[/url]

good one gordy
everything you need to see in the pics
never heard of them often wondered who made ratchets for curtains

Strangely, when I worked for a local transport firm when I left school, operating the curtainsiders is one of the thing I still remember how to do after nearly 6/7 yearsā€¦ :open_mouth:

Cheers for the link Gordy :slight_smile: