Stupid infringements

As some of you know i have only recently been back on the road after a small spell pen pushing, so a few weeks ago i was put back on the road, anyway my hand writing is terrible so i have a problem writing my name in the centrefield top line of a tacho.

My full name has 18 letters and i find it rather difficult to write it all on a space the size of an ant and as such have been getting infringements for it, so basically heres what i want to know can i get a small rubber stamp with my name on it to do this or does it have to be in my own handwriting.

I had been putting my surname (9 letters) and my initial but have been told it has to be full name, however i can initial it and then write on the back my full name, which is then going to cause another problem as where it says comments and they want me to write my full name as i do this it comes through the tacho and damages the inner trace on the other side.

I feel like i am in a no win situation and have offered 2 of my limbs to my transport manager, he is currently thinking exactly which 2 he would like.

write your surname on the line and your first name above it.

I cant do it !!! my first name is Alexander my second name has 9 characters and i cant write that small. I need anotrher solution to it i just cannot write in that space.

I,m just too big a guy to write that small.

Change your name :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

Just write Alex. I shorten my Christian name and haven’t had any problems with infringements (yet)

It really used to bug me with the minor infringement thing when I worked for Wincanton.

We used to get them for speeding. Not for doing 35 in a 30 as the numties who took care of that type of thing would have found that far too taxing. But they could pick up on you if you did 58 on the overrun down a hill. :confused:

I once took them to task over it stating that the maximum speed on a motorway is 60mph then refuse to sign them. But they would just come back next week with a note stating that it was against company policy. :unamused:

IMHO these type of notices do noting constructive at all, they are only issued to show that the cost is justified and the ministry are kept happy.

No other infringement for month after month other than the occasional speeding overrun and these pen pushing, all important, parasites what me to admit to a mistake that never happened. Dream on you spotty oik!
:smiling_imp:

I have the same problem! I’ve got 17 letters in my name and even though I can write small I sometimes go over the dotted line. They don’t think when they make these things!

jammymutt:
I had been putting my surname (9 letters) and my initial but have been told it has to be full name, however i can initial it and then write on the back my full name, which is then going to cause another problem as where it says comments and they want me to write my full name as i do this it comes through the tacho and damages the inner trace on the other side.

I feel like i am in a no win situation and have offered 2 of my limbs to my transport manager, he is currently thinking exactly which 2 he would like.

You could try using a fibre tipped pen for writing on the back of the card. This should leaves marks on the front.
You drive a truck therefore you are in a no win situation whatever you do. Just laugh about the maddness of it all. :laughing:

marlow:
We used to get them for speeding. Not for doing 35 in a 30 as the numties who took care of that type of thing would have found that far too taxing. But they could pick up on you if you did 58 on the overrun down a hill. :confused:

Looks like ill be getting a few more then after being on the Scottish run all week and “letting it go” down the hills on the A66 and doing over 60!!!, just for the record it took one of our guys 17 hours to do this trip and a couple more have been stuck out on the road and had to be brought in, so i think i can justify it but if they want to get ■■■■■■ about it i will obey all the speed limits and they will have to come get me on a regular basis, i generally sit at 40 on most routes but the run to Scotland is a long old night if you stick to the limits.

Also been told that if we get more than 8 points on the infringement sheet more than X amount of times we will be suspended for 3 days, as long as its with full pay i dont mind that kind of punishment.

Plenty work about up here so to be honest im not all that bothered.

As has been said Jammy just write the shortened form of your name on the back write the full name using a felt tipped pen and write it in a bit where you won’t be over the trace on the front, if you work days write in on the back over where the night hours are recorded.

Crazy situation really but I guess for this reason no one would ever have a night out in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. :wink: :smiley:

The other option Jammy is to change your name by deed poll to one that will fit in the tacho centrefield :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

i would get in touch with the ministry and ask them of waht is the best thing to do in this situation, and ask them if they could put it in writing…you will then have it from the horses mouth so to speak…as for coffee talking about having a night out in Wales…i bet he cant say it…and i bet he copied it from somewhere
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
have a nice day

truckyboy:
i bet he cant say it…

Correct.

truckyboy:
and i bet he copied it from somewhere

Correct again. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

hollywood:
Just write Alex. I shorten my Christian name and haven’t had any problems with infringements (yet)

I have! Got some letters from my agency saying I should write Andrew and not Andy. My surname is only four letters, but I can only just about manage the eight letters. My writing is huge as well.

Coffeeholic:
Crazy situation really but I guess for this reason no one would ever have a night out in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. :wink: :smiley:

:laughing:

Insofar as shortening your name,while you are obliged to put your full name,remember,you can call yourself what you want,and can also ask people to treat you as such.

For example.My first name is Kenneth.But on my passport,and my driving licence,which are both legal documents,my name has been shortened to Ken,and that’s what gets put on my tachos,no exceptions.

In all the years I’ve been driving,never once have I been asked to put anything different.

Ken.Sorry.Kenneth. :wink:

i have got 31 letters to my name!!! how-ever i have shortend it to 5 and 9 and as of yet no come back :laughing: