infringements.

I recieved a letter from the agency with details of 2 infringements I got last month. both were working time infringements for working more than 6 hours without a break. OK, hands up, they were genuine, I forget sometimes after I’ve taken my 6 hour WTD break, that I need to take another 15 before another 6 hours is up.
Anyway, the thing that got me was that the company who issued the infringements were not the company whose vehicles I was driving on those 2 days. They were from my digicard.
Questions I would like an answer to, if anyone can tell me, Is it legal for one company to require me to sign for infringements when working for another company, if it is, then technically I could be asked to sign for these 2 by up to 10 different companies, as thats how many different ones i can drive for in a month, and also, under the data portection act, is it legal for one company to have access to my data which was not recorded in thier vehicles?

Not sure on the law but I think it’ll be something to do with the company being able to make sure you’re legal to work for them.

What I ■■■■■■■ hate is when I get a text from the agency saying to come in and sign off on an infringement and after driving all the way there find out it’s only a stupid bloody WTD one

When you download your card, it’s often sent to a tacho analysis company who send any infringements back on their own letter-headed paper, the company you were driving for get you to sign it (to prove they’ve made you aware of your error) and keep it for their records. Nothing sinister, just more bloody paperwork!

I’ve got one on the way from Thursday, about 20mins after being flashed by a scamera, not the best of days!

I always ask to see a copy of the infringments and get a tm to explain why i got them,had 3 in the last year and when the tm went through them with me one anolouge two digital he could not work out why i had got them,he got a 2nd opion and they said to me dont worry bout them think the computer got it wrong,so its always worth checking.

I get those letters on a separate companis notepaper. We just sign, return, forget!

At my company if you get 3 in 6 months you go on a tacho training course and they want you to pay for it.So i always check em,like i said had 3 but they dont count cause they cant work out why i got em.

Had last a few and every one was by one and three Minutes.
One for driving 4 Hour 30 minutes,as,when it is 30 minutes it is in reality already the 31th. had that twice
and two Times 6 hour 1 minute and once 6 hour 6 minutes