Infringments

Hi, Was wondering how many others have had infringement letters and then have looked into it and don’t beliveve they have infringed?

I have had a letter myself but with the help of a couple of members from here Rog and Tachograph i am hopefully getting it rejected as i haven’t infringed.

lee

I stopped the truck the other day normally goes straight onto break, so i went for some dinner at shop but it went onto other duties for 20mins when i got back i realized what happened and put it on break 35 mins but had a dead line collection so had to go or be in the s–t. so tacho says gone over my time but i was still stationary for 55 mins so all i could do was a print off and explain what happened. just hope vosa see what had happened. should be ok :blush: has anyone else done this ?

A couple of years ago I had a flat battery on the truck, anyway 2 hrs later fitter comes out pops a new battery on and because electrical supply to tacho was interrupted it through up an infringement, fast forward 2 weeks transport clerk thrusts infringement in front of me and says sign it please, I obviously refused it then got looked into and came back as a maintenance issue so infringement quashed and clean record reinstated.

sweeper1gg:
I stopped the truck the other day normally goes straight onto break, so i went for some dinner at shop but it went onto other duties for 20mins when i got back i realized what happened and put it on break 35 mins but had a dead line collection so had to go or be in the s–t. so tacho says gone over my time but i was still stationary for 55 mins so all i could do was a print off and explain what happened. just hope vosa see what had happened. should be ok :blush: has anyone else done this ?

When you say it normally goes onto break straight away, do you mean that you put it on or it does it when you stop?

bald bloke:
A couple of years ago I had a flat battery on the truck, anyway 2 hrs later fitter comes out pops a new battery on and because electrical supply to tacho was interrupted it through up an infringement, fast forward 2 weeks transport clerk thrusts infringement in front of me and says sign it please, I obviously refused it then got looked into and came back as a maintenance issue so infringement quashed and clean record reinstated.

Because of the infringement letter being printed would that still remain on your record but then you transport clerk will just add evidence to back you up?

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

When you say it normally goes onto break straight away, do you mean that you put it on or it does it when you stop?

it doe’s it when i stop it goe’s straight onto break automatic

leegti6:

bald bloke:

Because of the infringement letter being printed would that still remain on your record but then you transport clerk will just add evidence to back you up?

No it was never an infringement in the first place.

sweeper1gg:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

Would of thought that this would come up with incorrect mode being used. As when you stop it should go to other work

Im looking to change jobs as well so wont look good on my tacho might need to lose my card :wink:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

Would of thought that this would come up with incorrect mode being used. As when you stop it should go to other work

It depends how the tacho head has been set up. Most are set to default to Other Work, but some are set to default to Break.

Roymondo:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

It depends how the tacho head has been set up. Most are set to default to Other Work, but some are set to default to Break.

i always thought that it would go to whatever you had it on when you put your card in. which would mean if it was on a break every time you stop it would be recording a break, instead of showing other work.

sweeper1gg:
Im looking to change jobs as well so wont look good on my tacho might need to lose my card :wink:

It was a minor error and you’ve done a print out explaining it. VOSA won’t be interested in something as minor as that and I doubt a new employer would if you explain it. No need to ‘lose’ the card. Make another printout from that day, write the explanation again and keep it to show a new employer if you are that worried.

leegti6:
i always thought that it would go to whatever you had it on when you put your card in. which would mean if it was on a break every time you stop it would be recording a break, instead of showing other work.

No, it goes to whatever default the tacho was set to when it was installed, and that could be other work or break regardless of what it was on when you inserted the card.

bald bloke:

In those circumstances I would have done a printout once the vehicle was repaired with an explanation on the back that the wrong mode was recorded due to the flat battery.
That would cover you in the event of a DVSA check and also give a copy to the office when you download the card to go to whoever does the analysis.

I had a breakdown that caused me to go into my daily rest (then had to move the truck to a safe place for the night when it was fixed) so I took a printout with an explanation, a copy was scanned to OPTAC with my download and the report came back with something like “article 16 exemption”, so no infringement recorded by the company.

… I had a few 'run - in ’ arguments ’ with other drivers where Analogue … ( 80 year-old-Austrian-Cuckoo-Clocks ) were concerned… A driver would say something like… Oh, ''I leave mine on ‘BREAK’ all the time!.. Not impressive to the VOSA fella who pulls you in for a check.

The point is, if you don’t have a string of consistent infringements, then you’ve nothing to worry about…

Ultimate point being…

CALM DOWN!!!.. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

sweeper1gg:

It was a minor error and you’ve done a print out explaining it. VOSA won’t be interested in something as minor as that and I doubt a new employer would if you explain it. No need to ‘lose’ the card. Make another printout from that day, write the explanation again and keep it to show a new employer if you are that worried.

:wink:

simon1958:
… I had a few 'run - in ’ arguments ’ with other drivers where Analogue … ( 80 year-old-Austrian-Cuckoo-Clocks ) were concerned… A driver would say something like… Oh, ''I leave mine on ‘BREAK’ all the time!.. Not impressive to the VOSA fella who pulls you in for a check.

The point is, if you don’t have a string of consistent infringements, then you’ve nothing to worry about…

Ultimate point being…

CALM DOWN!!!.. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

leegti6:

Roymondo:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

leegti6:

sweeper1gg:

No, the default setting is programmed when the tacho is fitted. All our Volvos default to other work, and the Mercs default to break.

All letters fit in the bin perfectly

leegti6:
Hi, Was wondering how many others have had infringement letters and then have looked into it and don’t beliveve they have infringed?

I have had a letter myself but with the help of a couple of members from here Rog and Tachograph i am hopefully getting it rejected as i haven’t infringed.

lee

For anyone wondering what the company decided was an infringement it was something like this …
Remove weeks 1, 2 & 6 leaving the Monday of week 3 to the Sunday of week 5 which the company decided was an infringement of the weekly rest rules !!