Strange

Coffeeholic:

oldsid:
I must get my crystal ball retuned :laughing:

Crystal ball eh? Does that mean you have to take extra care when sitting down? :wink:

I,d love to be able to brag about something down there but sadly I was near the end of the queue :laughing:

The most sensible reason to hoike the suspension up is to help the steel plate slide out easier or maybe the farm tractor batteries were flat and it needed to be pushed outā€¦

Coffeeholic:

shuttlespanker:

oldsid:

kindle530:

oldsid:
I cant believe some of the topics on here :smiley:

if you read my original post, i am asking if there is any advantage, its something i would like to know as i dont know the answer,. If the post is so pointless to you, without meaning to sound rude, stop reading and replying to it. Theres a lot worse topics on here than this one, believe me!
Thank you. :smiley: :wink:

None taken, the reason I participated was, you didnt make it clear what was exceptional in the pictue, my latter point being thatt a raised rear end wasnt anything abnormal and is sometimes the byproduct of having being tipped so I dismissed that and couldnt see anything else to make the comment ā€œIve never seen it done like that beforeā€ have any meaning to a seemingly normal photograph. Try infuture to explain yourself more clearly rather than set a quiz away as to what you mean :laughing:

i figured it out in less than 2 minutes what the OP was referring to, so, it was obviously not rocket science now was it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never even considered the raised axle as that just seems normal to me, especially given the fact I pull a rollerbed trailer so itā€™s up for tipping and down for loading, so that only leaves the air-con pod. In which case Iā€™ll see your 2 minutes and bet 15 seconds. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

shuttlespanker:
by shuttlespanker ƂĀ» Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 pm

iā€™ll take your 15 seconds and raise you 15 minutes :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coffeeholic:
by Coffeeholic ƂĀ» Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 pm

shuttlespanker:

Coffeeholic:
i figured it out in less than 2 minutes what the OP was referring to, so, it was obviously not rocket science now was it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never even considered the raised axle as that just seems normal to me, especially given the fact I pull a rollerbed trailer so itā€™s up for tipping and down for loading, so that only leaves the air-con pod. In which case Iā€™ll see your 2 minutes and bet 15 seconds. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

shuttlespanker:
by shuttlespanker ƂĀ» Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 pm

iā€™ll take your 15 seconds and raise you 15 minutes :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coffeeholic:
by Coffeeholic ƂĀ» Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 pm

I first looked at the picture at 21:04 so your 15 minutes is meaningless. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll post some more crapā€¦Luke trying to tip a trailer on itā€™s arseā€¦Now heā€™s mastered sideways! :open_mouth:

I did think it was the rasied suspension, but wondered why this was something that Kindle would find strange as heā€™s not exactly a new at the job. :wink:

However now my attention has been pointed to the Aircon unit, I think becuase of the sloped screen on the Volvo you have to cut the front of the top spoiler to get the aircon unit to fit. Maybe Virginia donā€™t want to do this, either because the motors are leased or they remove the pods when they sell the trucks and a cut spoiler would reduce the re-sale value.

I drove plenty of them like that

Gogan:

ShropsBri:
Do you mean jacking the suspension up?

If so then as has been said,it makes life a lot easier to get things rolling.

Itā€™s also quite possibly not intentional. We had a Volvo that would jack the suspension right up all on its own when being unloaded without the keys in the ignition, and would stay that way until the air leaked out or the truck was moved. Yet if you left the ignition on the first click it would stay perfectly level.

It also had an occasional habit of doing it during the night, which became quite tiresome when you you were trying to get a kip on a night out! :laughing:

chilistrucker:
maybe to get it level on an odd bay?
heavy pallets, easier to get em rolling, assuming its tipping.

maybe hanging Meat?

kindle530:
Is there any advantage?

Itā€™s not in a ditch? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe he has items hanging on a pole, and if he tips the trailer a little they will roll to the other end and make life easier for the person who is tipping him.

The air-con unit on the roof is on backwards, not sideways as someone said.
ā€¦ as the air-con unit is the wrong way round, the bit at the front (that usually is at the back, in this instance, the bit with the Volvo sticker on it) is flush, so there would be no need to cut the roof spoiler if it was fitted correctly.
And the front of the air-con (that is facing the back on this motor) fits (as in the picture) without having to cut the roof spoiler despite some overhang over the roof spoiler. Its nothing to do with the 3 marker lights on the roof either, as ive seen motors with these air-con units on other Volvos that have the 3 marker lights.

P.S Gogan, Volvos (and probably every other motor) do that mate. If you are tipping Asda Tesco etc, or anywhere that wants your keys whilst tipping, with the ignition on (or with the motor running) go to your air suspension control and press the suspension button on the left so an orange light comes on, then turn ignition off take keys out etc. When you return to your motor the suspension will be level, then get your control unit again and press the button to the right of the orange light, and that will cacel everything out and your good to go.
As long as you have air in your airbags the suspension will stay level.

kindle530:
The air-con unit on the roof is on backwards, not sideways as someone said.
ā€¦ as the air-con unit is the wrong way round, the bit at the front (that usually is at the back, in this instance, the bit with the Volvo sticker on it) is flush, so there would be no need to cut the roof spoiler if it was fitted correctly.
And the front of the air-con (that is facing the back on this motor) fits (as in the picture) without having to cut the roof spoiler despite some overhang over the roof spoiler. Its nothing to do with the 3 marker lights on the roof either, as ive seen motors with these air-con units on other Volvos that have the 3 marker lights.

P.S Gogan, Volvos (and probably every other motor) do that mate. If you are tipping Asda Tesco etc, or anywhere that wants your keys whilst tipping, with the ignition on (or with the motor running) go to your air suspension control and press the suspension button on the left so an orange light comes on, then turn ignition off take keys out etc. When you return to your motor the suspension will be level, then get your control unit again and press the button to the right of the orange light, and that will cacel everything out and your good to go.
As long as you have air in your airbags the suspension will stay level.

first,if you are lots in the South you dont get the Filter that quick full dust,
and second,the driver Door is open on your Pics.So the Driver cant be far

kindle530:
P.S Gogan, Volvos (and probably every other motor) do that mate. If you are tipping Asda Tesco etc, or anywhere that wants your keys whilst tipping, with the ignition on (or with the motor running) go to your air suspension control and press the suspension button on the left so an orange light comes on, then turn ignition off take keys out etc. When you return to your motor the suspension will be level, then get your control unit again and press the button to the right of the orange light, and that will cacel everything out and your good to go.As long as you have air in your airbags the suspension will stay level.

That particular Volvo was the only one of our motors that did that, the sister Volvo (completely identical other than chassis number) didnā€™t do it and neither do the current Manā€™s or Mercā€™s. Strange. I can understand it doing it when the weight came of the drive axle, but it would also do it randomly when the truck was sitting in the yard uncoupled and hadnā€™t moved for hours, if there was air in the tanks then at some random point you would turn round and it would be sticking its arse in the air, despite nobody having been near it all day. :confused:

There was always something strange with that motor though, whenever we set the suspension or EBS paramaters through the Vcads software it would randomly lose them after a few weeks, whereas the others (including the 480ā€™s that replaced them) were set when we got them and never touched again.

Coffeeholic:

shuttlespanker:

oldsid:

kindle530:

oldsid:
I cant believe some of the topics on here :smiley:

if you read my original post, i am asking if there is any advantage, its something i would like to know as i dont know the answer,. If the post is so pointless to you, without meaning to sound rude, stop reading and replying to it. Theres a lot worse topics on here than this one, believe me!
Thank you. :smiley: :wink:

None taken, the reason I participated was, you didnt make it clear what was exceptional in the pictue, my latter point being thatt a raised rear end wasnt anything abnormal and is sometimes the byproduct of having being tipped so I dismissed that and couldnt see anything else to make the comment ā€œIve never seen it done like that beforeā€ have any meaning to a seemingly normal photograph. Try infuture to explain yourself more clearly rather than set a quiz away as to what you mean :laughing:

Iā€™ll raise your 15 seconds and bet 4 minutes he is coupled so close he is almost a rigid

it wasnt coupled any closer than any other fridge would be.