Stories of trips with wrong Adress

i got a load Cable in Aveira for Oed in Austria.
Over the Cable filled the Forwarder in Porto the Trailer with Shoe’s for a Town in Kaernten in Southaustria.
left porto Saturday 09.00am and arrived first Delivery Monday 08.00am.
Left there at 11.00 to go to Oed.
Postcode on CMR,Factura and other Paper showed my on Map,where postcode was in Index encluded,“OED by Amstetten”
I arrive Oed by Amstetten,got first at all a 300.-Schilling Ticket,and couldn’t see the from Way the Hill down a Company.
Stop at Postoffice to ask,but as i entered Office said Postofficer,a nice eldere Woman:“You are wrong!”
Why, i ask
You may search the Cablecompany in Oed by Wiener Neustadt as all other Driver who came with Lorry in our Town.
OK,i passed Wiener Neustadt,had from there 150km to the Postoffice and 150km back,just for help from dispacher for the Driver which had Holiday that not a other Driver is faster on that Tour as he.
Ja,400km for nothing,4 hour for nothing,one Day for nothing and 300.-Schilling paid for nothing

A man of your experience will have handled that with no problem Fred.

Its a real pain in the neck though, at the time, isn’t it?

Not just wrong addresses, but nonsensical ones, I mean, where the hell is PO Box 1, Chester■■?

Outside Chester at Ince, thats where.
So why couldn’t they have put that in the first place??

went to collect from a chemical plant near Manchester
I was sitting in the Driver reception and over heard 2 tanker drivers talking and ■■■■■■■ themselves laughing.
It turned out another driver on their firm was supposed to go to Newcastle.
So he went to Newcastle Tyne and Wear which most people would have done as the words Under-Lyme were’nt printed on his notes. :blush: :blush: :wink:
Just a slight ■■■■ up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LE12 7■■. Used to get postcodes regular. When you rang up and asked for the addy, you got “well the regular driver knows where it is :unamused:.” I was the regular driver, I had done the run for some while :unamused:.

Went to Ashford in Kent instead of Ashford Middlesex, but in my defence the other deliveries had been in Grays and Dartford, so with an address of which finished Ashford and the post code, i asumed that it was the Kent one, the office said didnt you notice the post code, it is not repeatable on here what i replied :angry: . After which all adresses with out a county named on them would be handed back useless pen pushing so and so’s :wink:

Dratsabasti:
Not just wrong addresses, but nonsensical ones, I mean, where the hell is PO Box 1, Chester■■?

Outside Chester at Ince, thats where.
So why couldn’t they have put that in the first place??

I had a po box one when I did multy drop around
sheffield and rotherham. Luckily I knew there place
and they gave me a map to there other place about
2 mile away where I had to be.

I had one once that simply said “Droitwich”. :confused:

isnt po box 1 chester a shell or esso chemical place…
this week i had
warwick uni, Scarman rd Warwick
no postcode
also when i wrote sarky comments on delivery note i was told i had defaced a legal document and to top it all they gave me back my timesheet cos i hadnt signed it
to which i replied “so what if i aint signed it that aint wasting 30 mins of company time by me driving up a 1 in 5 hill with a hairpin on it heading in the wrong direction” :laughing:

A few months ago I got to the yard, collected the trailer, and on checking the CMR’s found the address on my first one was Rollema Transport, Holland.

It was a good job that on the Friday when they gave me the run they had said the first delivery was in Delft, so at least I had the town to go with the Company name and country. No one in the office on a Sunday so phoned my 13 year old at home.

Me: “Got a problem with an incomplete address, could you do a little favour for me please?”

Son: “Give me what you have, I’ll Google it for you.”

Me: " Rollema Transport, Delft, Holland."

30 seconds later.

Son: " Address is Schieweg 15 H."

Two things pleased me from this. One I had the address and two, my son isn’t destined for a career working in a transport office, he is obviously over qualified. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Dratsabasti:

Obvious - it must be next door to PO Box 2.

I grew up in Chester - bet you needed to know that!

worked with a bit of a smart arse years back (no names mentioned geoff) who was too cool to need his written loading instructions - so he ran empty from bradford and eventually phoned in from grangemouth saying he couldn’t find the firm - course not, he was supposed to be at grangetown teesside…

an oirish subby for same firm allegedly called in after 7 hours missing when he was supposed to be in thornton near bradford 6 miles away - he’d gone to taunton in somerset, not sure if i ever really believed that one :wink:

jj72:
worked with a bit of a smart arse years back (no names mentioned geoff) who was too cool to need his written loading instructions - so he ran empty from bradford and eventually phoned in from grangemouth saying he couldn’t find the firm - course not, he was supposed to be at grangetown teesside…

an oirish subby for same firm allegedly called in after 7 hours missing when he was supposed to be in thornton near bradford 6 miles away - he’d gone to taunton in somerset, not sure if i ever really believed that one :wink:

I could believe that one jj, if you say Thornton with an Irish brogue :stuck_out_tongue:

Daftest one was Preston,

Thorngumbald or Lancashire :smiley:

Had several at our company.

Newport Shrops sent to Newport South Wales
Newquay Cornwall sent to Newquay Wales
Customer in Ghent Belgium truck arrives in Ghenk.

We are based in Huntingdon Cambs often get calls from drivers “I’m in Huntington near Cannock and can’t find you”
usually because the post code has not been added.

But the best one so far. 2 customers called Caterway 1 based in Mansfield, the other in Cyprus order came in for Mansfield wrong code entered and off it went to Cyprus. A very expensive credit note!

Crispie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a totally wrong address just 2 years ago which I believe I posted about on here!!
The address on the CMR gave me a full address in Athens. Came off the ferry on the Friday evening at Patras, headed over to Athens. The customer was jumping up and down waiting for these goods (which were a special delivery) as I had broken down and was a week late. I arrived in the centre of Athens on a Friday night at 7pm.
Now I never knew 40 tonners were not allowed in the centre of Athens never having been in the centre before. As I got to the junction where I needed to be for this address, I got well and truly stuck. After about 5 minutes, the phone rang and it was the agent. “Austin, how much longer before you arrive?” she asked. I told her I was practically there but stuck. There was a very long pause… “Austin, did my assisant not ring you with the correct address?”. Obviously not, replied I lolol.
It turned out I was supposed to be in Magoulas which is a big industrial area about 15 kms before you get to Athens!! I had passed it hours ago!
I eventually escaped from the centre ( I could see the Parthenon from where I was parked lololol ) at 330am Saturday morning when the traffic had died down, most nobelly assisted by Athens finest moving all sorts of vehicles out of my way lol