Easy mistake ha ha

In the early eighties i had tipped out a load of fruit from Italy at Team valley market Gateshead and was supposed to load the following afternoon from Stratford L I F T for Lisbon, so i thought i will try for a load to London area. I called a mate of mine who did re-loads from Hartlepool, He gave me a load of concrete floor sections from Redcar to tip next morning 8 .00 a m at Gillingham. so off i goes down to Kent, 7 .00 am i am asking everywhere for this site address.no one had heard of it. By 8 .30 i had tried police, post office, fire service. old uncle tom cobley and all. Still no joy found a phone box and called Hartlepool, told my mate he said give me phone box number and wait while i check it out, 9 .45 PHONE RINGS ,I ANSWER IT HE SAYS SORRY ABOUT THIS…TYPING ERROR,should have read Gillingham Dorset nr blandford. off i go at full speed to Dorset ,arrived just in time to tip, but got back to L I F T at 8 .30 pm .not happy people but load had to ship that night so changed trailers and shipped to Calais before getting any sleep. Happy days.

its only a typing error :unamused: :unamused: :angry: .never mind its only this far on the map !!!

Forgive me but did you have these concrete sections in the fridge or did you change trailers.I need to know.It will worry me.I had a similar experience in France.I went to Challon sur Marne and should have been at Challons sur Saone.What a Richard! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi,
I know of a chap who lives in Alton who did the same thing !! :blush:
Regards
Richard

hello charlie one, the sections were not in a fridge. i had a Chapman & Ball kangaroo tilt on at that time.the fridges came later when C & B were starting the process of joining with Woods and Jenkinsons. If mr Corrie had found out about that b//// up i would have been out of work on return from Lisbon, hope that clears it up, the load was cash in hand to me not C & B… regards, Terry,

Hi Terry.I knew all the time! I was only testing :unamused: How about this for a mistake. Thumbed a lift home from Whipps Cross on the North Circular.Got up at 0500 the following morning.Back there at 0800.Put my hand in my pocket.Where were the keys? On the mantlepiece at home! With the help of a lowloader driver we forced open the quaterlight.Once in he gave me a ■■■■■■ and off I went.No indicaters and no charging.This was in the early sixties.Remember the smog? All bloody day.By the time I got back home,the headlights were like two little candles.Alton,home for the confused or what.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: Ps MaggieD.Who were you refering to in your posting? there can,t be another pillock in Alton.It,s only a little place.C. :blush: :blush: