Stobarts stopped by VOSA

Did any one else see the stobarts with a bike lock on at switch island Liverpool…

How many pages for this one?

As explained to me when I was chatting to Mr VOSA during a yard inspection, VOSA are just as likely to stop an ESL wagon as they are anyone else (that have the same OCRS)

Anything could have caused them to PG9 the vehicle, could be something as simple as a bulb out but I doubt it. My money is on tyres not checked properly (but a complete guess)? Could have been anything

Proof would be nice. I’ve been pulled a heck of a lot and never seen a Stobart lorry get pulled, Never mind getting wired up.
They usually only do this for serious tachograph offences for those that can’t pay the fine.

I can feel a yawn coming on… :unamused: :smiley:

limeyphil:
Proof would be nice. I’ve been pulled a heck of a lot and never seen a Stobart lorry get pulled, Never mind getting wired up.
They usually only do this for serious tachograph offences for those that can’t pay the fine.

I’ve never seen one pulled either, nor a Tesco lorry.

Mike-C:

limeyphil:

…or any supermarket lorry. VOSA ultimately are out to catch the real crooks and cowboys, plenty of operators out there far more likely to have vehicles with defects and drivers over hours.

There was one parked up at the Beatock checkpoint a few weeks ago, then again you see lots of lorrys from various different firms chained up at checkpoints. I dont understand why they dont get their own thread.

Vosa are down west end this week doing limo’s also with long pink and green locks
front wheel to a mirror

Never been stopped in over 6 years driving for them,show no,interest at all in truck,I’ve even mistakenly pulled into vosa stop thinking they ment me,too be waved straight on .

I seen Vosa taking a As a lorry into crick.I was surprised to be honest. Also loading in stobarts in lutterworth one night this young stobart driver was going nuts because the Vosa pulled him that day…I asked him who did he think he was,just cause u drive for stobart does that make u above been pulled…the silly fella answered “yes” now don’t have a go at me about what I am about to say, I have met a lot of stobart drivers and most seem good lads and always make me feel welcome in their canteens. But after watching a few of the other class of drivers stobart have on TV if I was Vosa I would pull them for the craic.

rob22888:

Mike-C:

limeyphil:

…or any supermarket lorry. VOSA ultimately are out to catch the real crooks and cowboys, plenty of operators out there far more likely to have vehicles with defects and drivers over hours.

A couple of times at carlisle weighbridge i,v seen the vosa lads just wave the stobarts through, when asked why they were doing that the reply was that since there a national company there is a low risk of any offences being commited so it aint worth wasting time on them. That was the reply the guy gave the two of us that asked.

scotstrucker:

rob22888:

Mike-C:

limeyphil:

A couple of times at carlisle weighbridge i,v seen the vosa lads just wave the stobarts through, when asked why they were doing that the reply was that since there a national company there is a low risk of any offences being commited so it aint worth wasting time on them. That was the reply the guy gave the two of us that asked.

That was a few years ago we were told that

Stobarts been on a “green light” with VOSA for a long time.

iankav:

aye :laughing: but they wouldn’t be if they pulled more in :sunglasses: and ACTUALLY downloaded drivers cards and HEADS! :smiley: plenty of missing miles, :unamused: because management and planners bully/ harass :open_mouth: and WONT SEND A TAXI TO RECOVER YOU EITHER! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: I used to get a receipt and invoice them! :wink: :wink:

I got pulled three times working for stobrats, once coming out of P&G at Thurrock onto services, :laughing: used to tramp Thursday night finish Tuesday early in the morning! :laughing: they reckoned I’d never had a weekend break for two YEARS on my digi! :unamused: £360! :bulb: no 45 min on card for four years! £60 and £30 for no back number plate! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: you’ll ■■■■■■ me to AVELEY then and I’ll get a lift home! Bicycle lock fitted at AVELEY! :grimacing: this was early fri morning, first shift in and we downloaded our cards religiously every week end of shift! :grimacing: told them I’d see them in court! :wink: and I won and got compensation as well! Jumped up ADOLFS! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Second time m62 gate 20, weighed me and waved me off :grimacing: :open_mouth: and the third time at switch and the scouse ■■■■ of a copper gave it large and I was empty, downloaded my digi and see above as first time! :grimacing: another court appearance :grimacing: :grimacing:

iankav:

Maybe because there are easier pickings out there?

VOSA are not stupid, they know what to pull.

If i was VOSA, and saw mark Dixon coming towards me, i would definitely pull that ZB, how can a company up its profile, with him as a rep, the most annoying person i`ve ever seen, always deserves a slap,even for that silly girls laugh of his.

iankav:

I thought that info was confidential only accessible by the company ? unless of course they advertise the fact .

Why the obsession with stobart? Or am I ment to say “stobrat”.
If they get pull or don’t get pulled by vosa who cares■■? Just do your own thing and crack on.

truckyboy:
If i was VOSA, and saw mark Dixon coming towards me, i would definitely pull that ZB, how can a company up its profile, with him as a rep, the most annoying person i`ve ever seen, always deserves a slap,even for that silly girls laugh of his.

I met him at coke wakefield n thot he was a ok, think he plays up 4 the camera