vosa carlisle

Vosa had one of stobarts parked up with all the frillies closed did anyone else see it ?

bogieman:
Vosa had one of stobarts parked up with all the frillies closed did anyone else see it ?

Its about the only place to get a uninterrupted break from the planners :exclamation:

I saw a stobart with a flat tyre on the m1 the other day. Anyone else seen it?

I saw a stobart with Tesco trailer near Lichfield. Anyone else seen it?

I saw a stobart stopped at a red light the other day.Anyone else see it.

I saw one not crashed,a rare sight I know!!!
Anyone seen it?

i went past there and there was a stobart there yesterday with the curtains opened and loads off pallets unstrapped not one

This up for the most boring pointless post of 2016 or is it too early,this has driven me back to Emmerdale,pretty sad or what!!!

I saw one with a P45 in it.

bobbya:
This up for the most boring pointless post of 2016 or is it too early,this has driven me back to Emmerdale,pretty sad or what!!!

I don’t think you quite get it. Eddie Stobart, you know, the big national squeeky clean haulage firm which is off of the telly. One of its trucks pulled off the road for running bent / outside of the law shock horror.

Also saw it with curtains pulled back. Guessing it was laid up for lack of load restraint :confused:

What probably happened was one of Eddies finest was hammering on with foot to the floor as he only had 4 hours to cover 40 miles but he needed to take a legal driving break. Not wanting to dirty the wheels with nasty MSA dirt or have to sully himself by being associated with lesser mortal drivers, he pulled into the check point. Parking up, he got out and slapped aside any wombles who tried to protest and as they slunk back to the hut with heads bowed and hat in hands, he then proceeded to have his 45 in peace, well away from the other riff raff

bogieman:

I saw it.

HTH

The-Snowman:
What probably happened was one of Eddies finest was hammering on with foot to the floor as he only had 4 hours to cover 40 miles but he needed to take a legal driving break. Not wanting to dirty the wheels with nasty MSA dirt or have to sully himself by being associated with lesser mortal drivers, he pulled into the check point. Parking up, he got out and slapped aside any wombles who tried to protest and as they slunk back to the hut with heads bowed and hat in hands, he then proceeded to have his 45 in peace, well away from the other riff raff

I heard they bullied him out of his tax free dinner money for parking there.

One of their drivers stopped me yesterday on an ind est. and had to show me the address on his paperwork for directions because his English wasn’t all that! Call me naive but it surprised me.

nomiS36:
One of their drivers stopped me yesterday on an ind est. and had to show me the address on his paperwork for directions because his English wasn’t all that! Call me naive but it surprised me.

Did you direct him to the other side of town?

I have noticed quite a few job adverts lately, mentioning that the candidate must be 'fluent in spoken and written English '…

ThrustMaster:

bogieman:

I saw it.

HTH

So did I. Twice in fact.

the nodding donkey:

nomiS36:

Did you direct him to the other side of town?

I have noticed quite a few job adverts lately, mentioning that the candidate must be 'fluent in spoken and written English '…

not Turners i presume? :laughing:

saw it in there on the naughty bay at 11am when I came past at five pm curtains were back and Volvo service truck there only back two pallets strapped

Time from time VOSA stop truck from any company.What is wrong.

I know the lad who was stopped, it was a pre loaded trl by another driver with only the back 2 straps on.
He had to re strap the load and pay a few English pounds for the experience and also pay to get the cord released from the vehicle. :frowning:
Saying that, I saw a driver from a company in King’s Lynn last week load 24 full IBC’s with not a strap in sight. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: