Stobarts Kemballs

Heard a rumour this week that Stobarts are looking to buy James Kemballs at felixstowe. Anyone know anything :question: :question:

n17 trucker:
Heard a rumour this week that Stobarts are looking to buy James Kemballs at felixstowe. Anyone know anything :question: :question:

Not read anything about Stobarts, but I did find this earlier,
roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … 0-loss.htm

It would give Stobart a base with all the facilities, and the company would be a good fit for them. It would work well alongside O’Connor’s in Widnes

kemball.co.uk/Fleet/Vehicles/

I also remember reading there was no such person as James Kemball, it was just a name plucked from nowhere

Stobarts have also been rumoured to be interested in Wincantons container division, also RCL at BIFT due to the rail head and also Pentalvers at Cannock when that was up for sale

basically, any company that is in the container side of the industry, Stobarts have been linked with, apart from Maritime

Wheel Nut:
I also remember reading there was no such person as James Kemball, it was just a name plucked from nowhere

Tis true, the founder was a chap called Charles Read, who, afaik, started as an o/d.

James Kemball was an “off the shelf co.”

shuttlespanker:
Stobarts have also been rumoured to be interested in Wincantons container division, also RCL at BIFT due to the rail head and also Pentalvers at Cannock when that was up for sale

basically, any company that is in the container side of the industry, Stobarts have been linked with, apart from Maritime

Hi,
I think Stobarts Non - executive director Jesper Kjaedegaard was/is chairman of Maritime UK.

Cheers Malc.

the Chairman of Maritime Transport Ltd (the large container haulier) is a man called John Williams, he is an honest man, shame that there are quite a number of people that work for him that cannot be referred to as being the same :unamused:

M4 west this morning J30. Perhaps they don’t need Kemball.

shuttlespanker:
the Chairman of Maritime Transport Ltd (the large container haulier) is a man called John Williams, he is an honest man, shame that there are quite a number of people that work for him that cannot be referred to as being the same :unamused:

hi shuttlespanker,
i think? john williams’ father is tommy williams.he owns t.d. williams (tdw)from south wales.
regards andrew.

shuttlespanker:

I’ve heard he’s decent, and tbh when you look at the firm from outside, you’d believe they give a ■■■■ about their drivers, top spec motors with space to live in all week and microwaves / fridges etc, £500 / week holiday pay etc etc etc.
That all must’ve come from somehwere, because once you’re working there, you become a number that the company OWNS, you will start at x o’clock, you will do friday night out last minute even though you’ve been home all week and are at your base depot at 4pm on a friday, you will take 1 week compulsory holidays 3 weeks into january because it’s quiet even though you’ve got contracted hours and those holidays are for you to take?

I wonder what he thinks about the people that he’s put in charge? Or even if he cares anymore?

pete 359:

shuttlespanker:

hi shuttlespanker,
i think? john williams’ father is tommy williams.he owns t.d. williams (tdw)from south wales.
regards andrew.

True, Tommy sent him down the road, to learn the trade from another perspective, Russell Davies IIRC, the rest is history.

TBF, Kemballs made a loss of £141k in last years accounts, so, their parent company may be getting a tad fed up with the trucking game, and may well want to shift it…they are owned by “K-Line”, they provide 55% of their work, prehaps ESL have an eye on this work ■■?

shuttlespanker:
Stobarts have also been rumoured to be interested in Wincantons container division,

Wincantons contract with maersk is up for renewal in june , so maybe stobarts has its eyes on this …

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

I’ve heard he’s decent, and tbh when you look at the firm from outside, you’d believe they give a [zb] about their drivers, top spec motors with space to live in all week and microwaves / fridges etc, £500 / week holiday pay etc etc etc.
That all must’ve come from somehwere, because once you’re working there, you become a number that the company OWNS, you will start at x o’clock, you will do friday night out last minute even though you’ve been home all week and are at your base depot at 4pm on a friday, you will take 1 week compulsory holidays 3 weeks into january because it’s quiet even though you’ve got contracted hours and those holidays are for you to take?

I wonder what he thinks about the people that he’s put in charge? Or even if he cares anymore?

I’ve been at maritime a year now i work weekends when it suits me not them all my holidays are booked when i wanted them(09/04/2011 none taken yet) They know my name(Mark). Basically if you do’nt say no the planners will take the ■■■■ cos they know who they can bully and who they can’t. Please do’nt tell me i’m talking zb cos i’ve seen it with my own eyes. The amount of calls i get from fellow drivers moaning about getting stitched up on a friday it happens it’s part of the job but when it happens all the time it’s cos your a mug. Man up “Just say no!!!”. Yeah some of the planners are pricks but so are alot of the drivers it’s a job and it aint that bad i’ve had worse. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

n17 trucker:

I aint heard that one, as a JK employee should I be concerned :open_mouth: I know that JK are trying to get shot off Mortons old yard, maybe that is nearer the truth, though only time will tell. Can never understand why we dont get more K’line work. :confused: .

eddie snax:

n17 trucker:

I aint heard that one, as a JK employee should I be concerned :open_mouth: I know that JK are trying to get shot off Mortons old yard, maybe that is nearer the truth, though only time will tell. Can never understand why we dont get more K’line work. :confused: .

I would be looking for lots of Japanese accountants looking over the books and deciding whether you are a basket case, not you personally though :stuck_out_tongue:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … 0-loss.htm

eddie snax:

n17 trucker:

Just a rumour from a not very reliable source mate that’s why i put it out there to see if i got any feedback. You know fxto always a rumour going around some true most zb. But apparently stobarts were down this week to see if they could fit another 50 trucks in your yard. Yeah i know :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

n17 trucker:

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

I’ve heard he’s decent, and tbh when you look at the firm from outside, you’d believe they give a [zb] about their drivers, top spec motors with space to live in all week and microwaves / fridges etc, £500 / week holiday pay etc etc etc.

I’ve been at maritime a year now i work weekends when it suits me not them all my holidays are booked when i wanted them(09/04/2011 none taken yet) They know my name(Mark). Basically if you do’nt say no the planners will take the ■■■■ cos they know who they can bully and who they can’t. Please do’nt tell me i’m talking zb cos i’ve seen it with my own eyes. The amount of calls i get from fellow drivers moaning about getting stitched up on a friday it happens it’s part of the job but when it happens all the time it’s cos your a mug. Man up “Just say no!!!”. Yeah some of the planners are pricks but so are alot of the drivers it’s a job and it aint that bad i’ve had worse. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Completely agree with you N17 ive been there since october, yeah the planners will try an take the ■■■■ out of ya but if you say no they wont try it again. im lucky enough to have a decent planner who doesn`t expect me to start before 4/5am on a monday an knows i like to be home on a friday only cause this is what i have told him. ive proberly only done 3 saturdays this year an still have all my holidays left, but if your gonna let them walk all over ya they will :unamused:

Slim79:

n17 trucker:

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

Completely agree with you N17 ive been there since october, yeah the planners will try an take the ■■■■ out of ya but if you say no they wont try it again. im lucky enough to have a decent planner who doesn`t expect me to start before 4/5am on a monday an knows i like to be home on a friday only cause this is what i have told him. ive proberly only done 3 saturdays this year an still have all my holidays left, but if your gonna let them walk all over ya they will :unamused:

Do’nt mind running in saturday easy £70 but like yourself i live in clacton and it,s not worth travelling for 7 to 8 hrs pay do’nt mind running sundays when spurs aint playing. I’m in dooley rd on coscon what contract are you on?.

n17 trucker:

Slim79:

n17 trucker:

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

Do’nt mind running in saturday easy £70 but like yourself i live in clacton and it,s not worth travelling for 7 to 8 hrs pay do’nt mind running sundays when spurs aint playing. I’m in dooley rd on coscon what contract are you on?.

Dont mind running in myself saturdays, but if i can get out of it i will :laughing: an funny enough im in clacton too, im on genral with asa.

n17 trucker:

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

I said no when they asked me if I’d work a Sunday - they asked at 6pm Friday night, like I don’t have a life outside work.

Anyway, a week later and I was out of a job.

We have a different manager up north than you do darn sarf, and he’s a bit of a ■■■

system we have is they ask you monday if your available for the weekend. They do still try to drop it on ya last minute dot com and as you know zb happens sometimes mostly on a poxy friday. I must admit you do hear of some managers and planners being complete tossers just this friday i heard a driver in nich rd had been sacked after 7 months cos he was’nt “Maritime material” took em long enough to realise that■■?..
But hey ho until the perfect job turns up i’m happy to put up with the minor zb we all have to put up with :smiley: :smiley:
Oh and slim you’ve got a top planner there in Asa i was gutted when he left coscon. :unamused: