Sterling Training

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Sterling training?
I want to do both C and C+E with them.
They have a funding package with EU. If you do class C and CPC with them, you get your C+E license for FREE.
Does this sound too good to be true?
Thanks
Capt. manuvar

I trained with Sterling. They use nearly new Iveco’s which are easy to drive. I found my instructor very good but you only get about 3 days of 2 to 1 ( about 12 hours of actual driving ) instruction so you have to learn pretty quickly.

They always seem to have various packages available. I passed with them on the second attempt.

Thanks

I think sterling training are the worst company going ever! i have had very bad experiances with them!

I havent had any dealings with Sterling, but Ive heard some stories about them, and they havent been all that. Beccause they are a big firm and are run nationwide, there isnt that personal touch to them. Try calling a few firms around your area, and do an assessment drive with them. Most of the do free assessments.

I had assessments with about 4 firms before deciding on one…

AndyM , There were two guys from Fords training with Sterling last year (feb) when I was there, perhaps they didn’t think much of it.
You certainly don’t get the personal touch with them.

JD, I know fords do contract out dome of their training, because of the amount of guys that they were training up.
Ford did send some to sterling last year, but I dont think they had a very good pass rate with our guys so I believe they send them to West Herts Training… but I cant be sure.

Andy, I don’t know how they got on as they were having their tests later on than me. I do remember them being a little bit cheesed off with the amount of time their instructor spent in the cafe drinking tea !. I was lucky because I was on my own for most of my training, so got plenty of driving time in.

Best of luck with your class 1 test by the way.

Thanx JD… :smiley: :smiley:

I posted a topic last year about sterling, i trained with them in manchester and the instructor was first class.

However, i expected to be trained on an artic for my C+E, and ended up with a rigid with trailer, which although being easier to pass the test is no preperation or help whatsoever in helping you drive an artic.

They also charged a couple of hundred pounds more than a very reputable local company that i used for my rigid.

I would in no way recommend this company in terms of value for money.