Starting my C+E training

Keep at it. Took me four attempts at the class 2. Although second test was stopped due to someone driving into the side of me. He later said you’d have passed if it wasn’t for that. Messed the third one up completely, my fault. The fourth test didn’t do too bad and passed. So just keep at it. It’s all the more sweet when you do finally get there.

“Trailer drop went fine again although I don’t know why they waste 10 minutes of your time doing that when you have already failed”
They do this on your first test even if you have failed in case you have any faults that need to be rectified for next time.
On any future tests, if you fail & I hope you dont, they will not go through the trailer drop.
ROG
2005 LGV instuctor

:cry: That’s a shame,sorry to hear that.

All the best for next time :wink:

Re-Test Number 2

Well after a four month break I decided to re-sit my Class 1 for the third time with the attitude that it would either be third time lucky or I would stick to class 2. :open_mouth:

The test was yesterday @ 1 o’clock and was once again at Swinerton.

This time I got a really friendly examiner and we chatted all of the way around. Started off well, breaking exercise, reverse slotted in first time however this time I did the trailer drop before we left the test station.

Don’t know if anyone was around the Swinerton area at around 1:20 yesterday afternoon, but just as I was unhitching the trailer, the heavens opened, so by the time I had re-hitched we were both soaking.

After another 10 minutes waiting for the windows to de-mist we hit the road. Fortunately their were massive puddles everywhere so keeping to the speed limit was not an issue.

The drive itself went smooth and we ended up on a different test route about 10 minutes into the drive due to a massive tailback (expected down to some flood).

The examiners next test was at 2:30 and at that time we were still 10 minutes away from the test centre. He wasn’t worried so neither was I.

Got back to the test centre by which time the sun was shining again and heard those words I have been waiting for since March “I’m pleased to say you have passed”. :laughing: :laughing:

Although excited to have finally achieved class 1 status, part of me does think what a farce the system is. Back in March I failed twice with a serious on each drive and numerous minors. Yesterday having not set foot in a wagon of any kind for 4 months I drive an almost perfect drive with only 5 minors. Not that I am complaining.

Now the hard part getting a job. Rang Tescos recruitment who have a big advert up at Fradley for 100 Class 1 drivers only to be told “Sorry we need 2 years experience”. :blush: :blush:

Looks like the agencies will be the next port of call.

Ian.

Well done at last :laughing:

Now the hard part is findin that job good luck :laughing: :wink:

Congratulations.

And Well Done for sticking with it.

Well Done that man!!

I can only echo what Krankee and animal have said, but I’d also add that I admire your tenacity.

I didn’t pass first time on C+E either :blush: ( My second test was at Swynnerton too.) Years later, I went on to instruct Cat “C” and “C+E” :open_mouth:
I know that your initial fails will soon become a distant memory. :wink:

On the job front, you might have to settle for Cat “C” work for a while, but the C+E WILL come at some point. Softly softly catchee monkey… :wink:

Excellent…

Well Done :smiley:

One bit of advice that I was given when I started out “live in ya mirrors” good luck