Starting a new job

I leave my present job this week and start a new one on monday,
because of the amount of tacho’s we have to carry these days i think
I should take the four weeks previous with me, it’s sods law I’ll get pulled
if i don’t have them, the managers are bound to argue that I should leave them, I can always post them back anyway, anybody know for sure?

Photocopy em
Im pretty sure they belong to the company.

I’m pretty certain that you should keep them with you my friend.

The company you are leaving could photocopy them before you go if they want them for their records before the 28 days are up.

You can keep them for up to 42 days, so save on postage and send them in in bulk. Recorded delivery mind :wink:

As far as i am aware the tachos are YOUR prorperty till the 28 days expire then they are the property of the Co ,
you must be able to produce them IF asked by police !

Keep them with you and post them to your old employer every week as a new week starts.

keep them photocopies wont do post them weekly and you will be fine dont give back law says you must keep 4 weeks tachos not copies :smiley: hope this helps

I’ll keep hold of them then and post them back,
thanks for the advice everyone.

mutley:
I leave my present job this week and start a new one on monday,
because of the amount of tacho’s we have to carry these days i think
I should take the four weeks previous with me, it’s sods law I’ll get pulled
if i don’t have them, the managers are bound to argue that I should leave them, I can always post them back anyway, anybody know for sure?

left an oil company a few years ago an took 6 months of tachos with me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Left a firm in December and told them that I was taking tacho’s with me but would post them back when time period for holding them had elapsed. This was perfectly ok with them and so should be with any employer.

Yeah, keep em. Let your employer photocopy them before you leave. Then post back the originals later.

That is what companies I have left have done in the past.