Changing jobs

Just wondering what is the official line on tacho graph cards when changing jobs?
Am on paper charts at the moment and moving to a job with digi tacho which I’ve only used a couple of times. The present company wants all my cards handed in at the end of the week so what do I do to cover myself when starting Monday with no record of the last 28 days?

Keep them and tell your old company you’ll post them back week by week. Offer them the option to make copies but you keep the originals.

You’re legally obliged to carry the charts covering the last 28 days and they must be returned to the operator within 42 days. The company can take copies / scans but you have to keep them.

m1cks:
Keep them and tell your old company you’ll post them back week by week. Offer them the option to make copies but you keep the originals.

This. It’s your legal responsibility to keep them. Can understand the company wanting them back thinking they’ll never see them again but I’d keep them for the 28 days

Perfect gents, that’s what will be done so.

Some companies have suggested that the driver can keep copies instead of the original charts when they leave, this is rubbish, as has been said, you must keep the original charts for 28 days.