Spring has sprung....but why oh why?

When you come to clean your truck at the end of the shift, do the flies come off the paintwork easy enough, but when you come to blast them off the windscreen(with pressure washer), the ■■■■ things stick there like [zb] to blanket?
Answers please, on a postcard :grimacing:

reverse everywhere you go. end of problem :laughing:

think its just a case of good manual labour to shift em

Washing up liquid… plenty on the screen - leave it - blast rest off - blast screen off last - whilst blasting the rest off the liquid on the screen has soaked into all those dead files - it does not make them any tastier to eat though SO DON’T GET TOO CLOSE WHEN YOU BLAST THEM OFF :exclamation: :laughing:

papermonkey:
When you come to clean your truck at the end of the shift,

End of the month in my case :wink:

It has been raining here oop North all afternoon though, so they have all gone which is a shame because I nearly had enough for a sandwich.

elitecarcare.co.uk/autoglym- … 15-off.php

ROG:
Washing up liquid…

Never ever use washing up liquid on a vehicle, it will ruin your paintwork in short order. While you have it on the screen and have left it for a while it will be dripping and running all over your paint.

Yea but it’s cheaper than Jnnychm which does the same :wink:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
Washing up liquid…

Never ever use washing up liquid on a vehicle, it will ruin your paintwork in short order. While you have it on the screen and have left it for a while it will be dripping and running all over your paint.

Never had that problem in 15 years of using it - maybe I was lucky

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
Washing up liquid…

Never had that problem in 15 years of using it - maybe I was lucky

Having carried many tons of the stuff in a tanker, washing up liquid and washing powder contains sodium (salt), this does two things, dulls paintwork and makes metal rust. Washing up liquid is designed to remove oil grease and fat, a car is waxed for a reason, the fairly liquid etc removes wax.

TFR is called Traffic Film Remover

Don’t know what’s in the rainwater but today’s downpours have done a good job of cleaning the bugs off my screen :smiley:

There is some confusion about TFR, which simply is a detergent. Any truck regularly washed in TFR will soon suffer flat paintwork. Fairy Liquid is not the best detergent to use on a vehicle because it does, as Mal says, contain salt, which is used to thicken it- that is their selling point. Although it doesn’t really matter so long as you rinse it off.

As many of us will have found out today (or already knew :wink: ), water alone is sufficient to clean a windscreen if you keep it in contact with the screen for 10 minutes or so.

Anyway, isn’t it time for a new photo of Jenny? This one has been around for 10 years now and she only updated it when a T&D reader pointed out that she had looked the same for the last 20 years…

Harry Monk:
Anyway, isn’t it time for a new photo of Jenny? This one has been around for 10 years now and she only updated it when a T&D reader pointed out that she had looked the same for the last 20 years…

I was just thinking the same thing H …She must be about 70 now shes been on the back of the mag since Chinese 6s were popular. :exclamation:

toowise:

Harry Monk:

I was just thinking the same thing H …She must be about 70 now shes been on the back of the mag since Chinese 6s were popular. :exclamation:

Here’s Jenny with updated photo.

:arrow_right:

YEAH BABY !! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I suppose that’s one way to bang a fence post in! :open_mouth: :smiley:

OOh Jenny baby, ■■■■ and give us a clue! :wink:

Do you mind not posting my photo all over the forums? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Back on topic, if you think getting them off the windscreen is bad, try getting them off a wrapped livery! They seem to sort of weld themselves into the plastic, so you can’t blast 'em off without getting so close to the vinyl that it comes off as well, and brushing has very little effect unless you scrub like a lunatic, in which case, again, bye bye livery. I soaked a bumble bee off mine the other week from 2 feet away, and ended up with a white patch. It’s now gray around the edges where the crap off the road has stuck to the remains of the sticky backing. Looks awful.

Well my Trucks shift ends sometime in 2013 !!! Then it goes back to Eurotrail so they can clean it, then give me another one… :smiley: