Spending the night in a car park?

Just sat in a car park in a rigid and got 1 hour drive/duty left and thinking about staying here. Got a sainsbury behind me and 5 min walk into town. Seems ok and checked car park terms and nothing to say no hgv in overnight but never done it before. Is it normal practice when no room or suitable place on industrial estate?

Don’t know where you are but if no restrictions then stay there. I often park up in car parks…especially if close to supermarkets. Go and get a cooked chicken… :stuck_out_tongue:

Even if there is restrictions in place, I would be very suprised if you got any trouble. I often see signs in Supermarket car parks stating how many hours you can stay there but I’ve never actually seen anyone police it. There’s a big Tesco 5 minutes from my house and at night there’s always truckers parked there to go get supplies etc. There’s also a Focus ST that never seems to move. Just make sure you’re parked in such a way that you can get moved in the morning.

Cheers, I’ve parked in a corner just a shame I can’t get a shower :frowning: just waiting for a pizza now and then off for a beer and grub in thetruck. Was gonna go in spoons for a beer but too many faces :smiley:

OllieNotts:
Cheers, I’ve parked in a corner just a shame I can’t get a shower :frowning: just waiting for a pizza now and then off for a beer and grub in thetruck. Was gonna go in spoons for a beer but too many faces :smiley:

Just stop at a services in the mornin’ for your shower / teeth brushed / shave etc.

And if they do come and try and move you dont forget to get the police called.

They should cone you off and put chalk marks round your wheels to ensure you dont move, if you are really lucky they will post a sentry too to ensure no one makes any noise to wake you from your slumber :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Or is that only in RDCs?

waynedl:

OllieNotts:

Just stop at a services in the mornin’ for your shower / teeth brushed / shave etc.

Well sainsburys opens at 7 and the toilet is just inside the door so I am gonna go in there as it will of been cleaned ready for opening and have a wash brush teeth etc, and of course the mornin’ dump :sunglasses:

In Ashbourne they have built a hospital on the truck park and the main car park in town says no lorries, which explains why there is at least 10 on there every nightand no one has ever been done!

Unless it has a physical restriction to stop you getting in I can’t see a problem and most pay and display carparks only charge between the hours of 8am and 6pm so should be ok in that respect

Spent a few nights in the tossco cark park at ashford crooksfoot M20 J10 before now , it says no HGV’S but as long as you park away from the store you don’t get any mider,it seems a popular choice for jolly foreigner too,lol, as one night i was the only truck, in the morning there was 5,lol,
Another supermarket car park is the asda next to the truck stop at carlisle, as the company i used to work for didn’t like paying for you to park at truckstops,

No problem at all, even in Europe drivers park in supermarkets.

The only place to avoid is West Thurrock because the manager is on a scam and gets back handers from the clampers.

I used to park in Sainsbury’s in Dundee quite often for a weekend break, no one worried and you could get a great choice of food

Wheel Nut:

The only place to avoid is West Thurrock because the manager is on a scam and gets back handers from the clampers.

I used to park in Sainsbury’s in Dundee quite often for a weekend break, no one worried and you could get a great choice of food

Are Dundee & Thurrock not in Europe then?

green456:

Wheel Nut:

Are Dundee & Thurrock not in Europe then?

Certainly not, not in the sense of the meaning of European supermarkets or truckstops :stuck_out_tongue: European dark ages :exclamation: