Help needed

Hi start my first over nighter from edinburgh to london. Where do I park and sleep or do I need to pay out of my own pocket to park over night alsoo any tips on what I do ie park up sleep and wash or squaddie shower? Then drive home.been told drive 10 hours inc work n br breaks and 9 hrs of n drive again home

I find a layby to park up in for free as we do not get parking paid for, and yer a squaddie shower :laughing: or baby wipes :wink: Though you can get showers at services if your out for more than one night.

I have used this site hgvparking.com/details.aspx?!=164
and help from the guys here for free parking. :smiley:

Nobody can make you have 9hrs off that is your choice. Edinburgh to London and back i’d be having 11 off minimum. As for parking up it depends where you are going but I always end up at south mimms.

Its what the agency told me. Id be working 10 hours then 9 off then drive back, Im new to this the army don’t exactly have drivers hours stop when you want etc and we don’t tend to drive kip and turn round. and help be appreciated hints tips etc.

Most of us on here are ex army so we know where you are coming from. Best way to learn is dive in head first. They still cannot force you to be back on the road after 9hrs. Remember these people are civvies not RSMs they dont bite!

Seems you may have made a double post on this section, I replied here on this link
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108043

I have not worked agency as a driver but I have in other sectors and the same rings true do not trust them 100% get your terms in writing :wink:

Anyway, if you where a Grunt your used to smelling, why shower now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve merged both topics now

Think I screwed up my drivers hours yesterday . And dose any one know how agency pay works I seem to be paying booking fees and admin fees says iv got milage and exspensis yet its on pay slip yet clearly not on bottom line

What agency? How did you ■■■■ up yesterday?

Recruitment direct. I printed out my shift said.

10 hrs driving
3 hrs work
8 mins availability
42min break.

8am to 10 pm shift.

alanuk2013:

10 hrs driving
3 hrs work
8 mins availability
42min break.

8am to 10 pm shift.

There’s no way you can legally do 10 driving in a shift with less than 1½ hours break.

You haven’t even had enough break to cover more than 4½ hours driving :open_mouth:

Before doing any more driving I suggest you have a read of the Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs

As far as the pay is concerned, it sounds like you’re being paid through an umbrella company.

alanuk2013:

10 hrs driving
3 hrs work
8 mins availability
42min break.

8am to 10 pm shift.

Yep, you screwed up, take Tachographs advice & read the Rules & Regs (twice)

Yes its trackpay system or something im speaking to agency about it this week.

And im sure I took 50 min break yet only registerd 42 min.i know its 4.5 hours then 45 min break

I started at 8 drove .parked at royal mail for 30 mins then loaded and left stopped at 12.35 had break 45 mins later at depot.
Then waited which I pressed availablity then parked at a bay had to move and re park. Then waited nearly 2 hours for load left at 1620

Went and got fuel drove back at 1900 took 20 min break to pee. Then set of 2130 unloaded then drove to company yard I was working for dropped rig and left.

Think I lost track of driving trying to get bk

Try this app to keep track, its brilliant :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74921

I did a silly thing on Friday, did a few hours driving then took the wagon in to Scania for its pre mot and got a lift back, about two hours later remembered I left my tacho in the wagon (analogue tacho) so hoofed it back to the garage and it was over the pit.
I have just written on the back of the disc the reason no break has been shown.

We all muck up now and then :blush: