over night parking

can any member explain how to park and where best to park in the uk
I am a new member and have been offered amy first job with overnight stays and need some info help please :frowning:

Here you go mate
click on the link

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11

Welcome to TrucknetUK
Just ask! :laughing: :smiley:

Hi Thunder and welcome.

As the Critic posted, there are a lot of places to park overnight.
There are no ‘best’ places,it depends on how much time you have left,what load you have on the truck,and if you get a night out allowance.

The safest places I have found are truck stops, or motorway services.

I know people with curtainsiders will frown about having their curtains slashed at services, but this happens wherever you park.

Side streets,and certain industrial estates are a no-no,the rule is the better lit the area, the better.

If you are in a rigid or pull a trailer with back ( barn) doors and are empty, leave 1 door open and secured to show the local riff-raff that theres nothing worth stealing.
If you are out of time at a customers premises that has security, ask nicely if you can park in the yard untill the morning.

This almost never works at Distribution Centers,when half a dozen wagons are parked up waiting to tip at 6 o clock the following morning.

If you think along the lines of, " Would I park my own wagon with its valuable load here " and the answer is no, then don’t do it.

Don’t worry though, after a few weeks in the new job, you’ll be telling the drivers on HERE where to park! :laughing:

Cheers,

Niall.

hi thunder and welcome to the site.the critic has given you plenty of choices for now.but as you travel the motorways etc you will notice the good parking place’s.the drivers on here are mostly away all week and don’t return till friday/saturday.they will give you better places and the good ones.tune in tomorrow nite and you’ll get better replies.don’t get yourself to worried about it,you’ll be fine.good luck with the new job,hope it all works out 4 you.

how come its took you so long to post :question: