Spear harris, anyone remember them?

does anyone remember spear harris? i had a mirror i brought from an auction house with a picture of one of their trucks, a bedford artic with a tilt, think it said uk france on it?

anyone now of them or have any pictures some info would be great!

cheers

euromat

Stab in the dark mate but are you sure it wasnt Spiers and Hartwell from Evesham?

Mat, found this piccy in a book i bought at cv show many years ago,
no info though mate.

Bob

Obviously not Spiers and Hartwell then :blush:

I know my eyes arent what they used to be but does that say Guildford on the tilt?

thats pretty much the truck from the mirror i had/have

if anyone has any info on them that would be good!

Yes I remember Spear-Harris they had a small warehouse in Guildford and I think they just did French groupage work. I think they packed in early to mid 80’s.

Hello Mat
Here is my threepenath mate…sorry its only a clipping.

Cheers Marc.

Hi Mat I used to work for a small company near Burton on Trent in late seventies we only ran 4 artics at the time but one of them did quite a bit of work for them on traction,the uk base was Millmead in the centre of Guildford near the bus station they had a depot run by David Harris just outside Paris in a little place called Bessancourt I drove a wagon and drag used to do a run to Roeun and Bernay for I M I delivering the tape that they made zip fasteners from reloading in Rouen then down to Bessancourt and then collections aroud Paris but the nice bit of the job was i only did it if it was half a load so no need for the drag I used to ship back through Dover drop part fo the load in Guildford and then back to the Midlands with any deliveries for the north alan

aldafdriver who was the firm from burton mate got any pics

Hi Carl the company i worked for was Tyre and Tune Tspt at Castle Gresley they were taken over by Ensors who were then taken over by R Swain of Rochester that is where I am at the moment. I have got a couple of pictures of my old drawbar but the only way to upload them is by taking a digital picture of the old photos Alan

great stuff guys thanks a lot for the info

aldafdriver:
Hi Carl the company i worked for was Tyre and Tune Tspt at Castle Gresley they were taken over by Ensors who were then taken over by R Swain of Rochester that is where I am at the moment. I have got a couple of pictures of my old drawbar but the only way to upload them is by taking a digital picture of the old photos Alan

i can remember tyre and tunes wagon and drags(d series ford i think)i knew a driver who i think was the transport manager,who was until recently driving for a subbie who pulls for us,(at the moment his name escapes me)he lives near me in swadlincote,last time i saw him he was driving for jefferys.i did not know ensors took them over.

yep i remember trye and tune and ensors,i worked with a few ex ensor drivers at kts from measham and also when i worked for jeffreys.

see mum was right, you no listen!! The truck in that picture in the book was being driven by a friend of mine at the time the pic was taken, and they were based in Guildford, what more you need to know? He works for General Express as far as I know now so I suppose I could contact him for you if you so desire?

thats a big bro telling off for you mat :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

dreva:
thats a big bro telling off for you mat :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

sure is mate, but the gameshow host never told me that!!! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: