Some pictures of last 10 days

went into work wednesday 2nd loading for aylesford. however once tipped i found myself headin back for home via suffolk instead of mazingarbe thanks to my local friendly abbey bank!!!..anyways once back into work friday after a visit to said bank my first job was to tip the load i brought up from suffolk at widnes…

then it was over to carrington to load for a pm delivery to pontypool. saturday was the same as friday i.e pontypool-carrington-pontypool before i headed down towards larkhill for the weekend where i caught up with some army mates. monday saw me in havant loading for yate before back down to havant for tuesday morning.

tipping at indesit at yate

loaded tuesday for sailsbury where once tipped it was over to barry to wash out before loading pvc powder for lenham.
god makes an apperance after i opened my wallet to part with £15.90 at the severn bridge!!

parked up at sliveys tuesday night and started off again at 10.45 wednesday morning as delivery usually isnt untill after 6pm at lenham, however once there i am allowed to tip and by 16.00 i am heading down to catch the train over to calais arriving at antwerp at 23.00 local time.
once washed out it was round to find my loading point, this job was a rip and tip meaning the loaders spilt the bags of pellets and empty them into the tank the lads are on the ball and 25 minutes after reversing into loading area the have loaded 27,500 kgs into tank.

better them than me!!

getting up close to wall to enable the lads to just drop empty bags into skip

back out and heading back to the train i see this tipper erm tipped on the r1 in true belgium style the driver is busy talking with much waving of the arms to his mate whilst stood in the middle of the motorway as cars swerved around them!

in the queue at eurotunnel i watch as an illegal immigrant jumps out of the bushes and tries to climb into the volvo on the back of this transporter, a few blasts of the horn and some choice words and he decides to do otherwise and hes off back into the bushes only to return behind my trailer, out te cab i get to see him looking for a comfy spot on the tank!..sent him off back into the bushes whilst the frenchman beind me looks on in a slightly bored look!!
immigrants try to cross in style these days!!

i made it up to telford where i tip friday morning, and thinking as ive been away i might be in for an early finish right?..wrong carrington to pontypool finnishing at 23.30 last night, still manged to get back into yard and clean out tank and give the outside a wash ready for monday, where im thinking as im starting afternoon time it can only mean another trip down to pontpool!..oh the joy :slight_smile:

Nice one WP.

Can’t believe how blatant that immigrant was :open_mouth: You’d think he’d at least try to be sneaky about it! People just aren’t prepared to put the effort in these days. :unamused:

your not bing bong grumps… they are just plain lazy these days, see them all the time at cherwell services after not doing their homework and actually beliving that climbing into the back on betz truck will deliver them to london!!!..its a long walk down the m40… :laughing:

nice diary and glad the driver of that other truck was ok… that wasnt mad monk in front of u was it? In the car transporter.

actually i retrack that last statement… with a bit of reseach on this it is his lorry. small world ey lol

well well it certainly is, wonder if the n d drivers behind me postson here too?.. :laughing:

Much impressed with the Rip and Tip, never seen that before, 25 minutes 27 tons.

It seems like they have improved the rip and tip Pete. I used to load from Burntisland and it would take 2 days to load 20 tonne.

Much impressed with the Rip and Tip, never seen that before, 25 minutes 27 tons.
yep edward if you look at the picture you can see its 3 flt’s next to one another, gang of 6 on top of tank and one lad operating the flt’s on the ground away they went, takes aoround 70 minutes to get loaded like that in uk usualy by 2 poles and one on flt.

wirralpete:
yep edward if you look at the picture you can see its 3 flt’s next to one another, gang of 6 on top of tank and one lad operating the flt’s on the ground away they went, takes aoround 70 minutes to get loaded like that in uk usualy by 2 poles and one on flt.

Just wait till the Health and Safety bods see this, you will need 15 wheel chocks, harness and wind up dust masks, as well as hi viz insulated wellies.

not forgetting ear protection for when the first pellets go into the tank…can make quite a noise you know… :laughing: must admit even though im a non smoker was good watching the staff in the office going bout their work with a tab hanging out of the mouth!!.. :laughing:

always loved the colour of unit/trailers of your companies fleet.
always looks smart.

WP, is Carl Woods still working for you guys?

Wheel Nut:

wirralpete:

Just wait till the Health and Safety bods see this, you will need 15 wheel chocks, harness and wind up dust masks, as well as hi viz insulated wellies.

At least they’re allowed up top, at Hull we were banned from walking on the tank (with hand rails) to open the lids. Answer - easy open the lids before you drive in and then after you leave, oh and hope it isn’t raining too hard :laughing:

Mackem:

Wheel Nut:

wirralpete:

At least they’re allowed up top, at Hull we were banned from walking on the tank (with hand rails) to open the lids. Answer - easy open the lids before you drive in and then after you leave, oh and hope it isn’t raining too hard :laughing:

That is how stupid H&S has become, anyone who says it is for our safety lives in a cotton wool covered world where mummy kisses skinned knees better.

Health and Safety should be renamed Out of Sight. How else can having to take samples outside a factory on the street be explained, how else can the fact that a driver has to go on top of his tank to check for cleanliness, dryness, and that all seals and valves are correct yet is not allowed on his own tank or trailer in certain company premises?

Im sorry for railroading Wirral Petes excellent post but this really does wind me up.

One particular case which still happens is delivering liquid cyanide. The driver is given a jamjar with a piece of string and told to take a sample, but is not allowed on site until he has done it. Another one is in Oldbury where you have to climb on top of the tank in the street outside some private houses to open the lids and take hazardous samples because the company wont allow you to access the tank on site.

H&S rules are just dreamt up by the insurers to cover their arses

if the tank doesnt have rails im pretty sure you can refuse to climb up without a harness, which most sites should have anyway, if they wont let you in to do that just tell them youre turning it around and taking it back

beattun:
if the tank doesnt have rails im pretty sure you can refuse to climb up without a harness, which most sites should have anyway, if they wont let you in to do that just tell them youre turning it around and taking it back

That is the problem, its the harness and liability issue that have got in the way of a driver doing his job

Tell me how safe it is for a driver to struggle with a heavy 20 foot RSJ on top of a tank, or to have to carry 4 lenghs of scaffold tube up a ladder to build a safety rail

we do seem to have gone off the rails in this country regarding h and s, especially when you look at some of our european companions. one of the reasons why i packed in chemical work in was the company stuck to the rules only when it suited them and some of the rules when delivering to customers was plain stupid. still wheel nut that where the saying out of site out of mind comes from dont ya know?.. :laughing:

very good pics! :smiley:

dont realise that u work for Germany company - Fruend - well known company in Deutschland :sunglasses: