so, what now

bit off topic but allow me a minute on my soapbox - we were all told not to worry about the decimation of heavy industry and manufacturing in the UK, because financial services and IT were the future of this (once) great nation…

so, now IT has decamped to southeast asia, and it’s become clear that the city whizz kids couldn’t organise a car boot sale, and are being bailed out by you the taxpayer (and the arabs and those selfless chinese) - where now folks? :confused:

well lets hope all the bailout loans from said countries are sub-prime too :confused:

move to poland there economy is booming :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lets start making things again. Instead of relying on service industries which have now gone to pot. We have coal buried around the country the price of which has shot through the roof.

We have let the manufacturing base go. What for?

jj72:
and are being bailed out by you the taxpayer

We are just sheep for the shearing, the same very old story. It’ll do till the next scam this crisis will, and things will likely rattle along as ever they have. Namely the rich being rich, ta very much, and the wage slaves getting ripped off in all directions, ta very much! :wink:

jj72:
bit off topic but allow me a minute on my soapbox - we were all told not to worry about the decimation of heavy industry and manufacturing in the UK, because financial services and IT were the future of this (once) great nation…

so, now IT has decamped to southeast asia, and it’s become clear that the city whizz kids couldn’t organise a car boot sale, and are being bailed out by you the taxpayer (and the arabs and those selfless chinese) - where now folks? :confused:

ITS CALLED RECESSION AND 3 MILLON PLUS (ONLY) I HOPE ON THE BREW COMPANIES THAT HAVE BEEN ABOUT FOR GENERATIONS NO LONGER THERE .AS IVE BEEN SAYING FOR THE LAST 18 MONTHS ,THE GUTS WERE RIPPED OUT OF THIS COUNTRY IN THE 80S AND THESE NEW INDUSTRYS CANT HANDLE THE COMPETITION FROM ASIA …THE GOVERMENT IS NOW THROWING MONEY INTO A ■■■■■■■■■ HOLE .

jj72:

Back to the way it should be where those who can make things and fix things will once more take top place over those whose income relies on being able to make money out of thin air.

I don’t think it matters what new tech business plans they come up with in this country everything but the bare necessities will inevitably head east.
With the recent health scares regarding chinese toys and sweets I was amazed to hear the large drug manufacturers are considering relocating their operations to China.
Coming to a pharmacy near you soon,contaminated drugs, made in China. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

chippy:
Lets start making things again. Instead of relying on service industries which have now gone to pot. We have coal buried around the country the price of which has shot through the roof.

We have let the manufacturing base go. What for?

Well done Maggie keep the coal for later years it will be wqorth itrs weight in gold one day.

Conor:

jj72:

Back to the way it should be where those who can make things and fix things will once more take top place over those whose income relies on being able to make money out of thin air.

yep, fine for small operations, but 90% of the manufacturing base has headed east already, to poland/czech/hungary etc, and shortly even that will decamp further in search of cheaper labour :confused:

be prepared to get stuffed by the goverment again, brown will use this latest crisis to screw more money out of us, we havent hit rock botom yet like in the early 90’s poll tax riots when people protested. youve got to remember browns got to pay for laptops for the wasters, so they can watch jemery kyle on playback, coz they cant get their arses out of bed at half nine in the morning!!.. :slight_smile:

safe some cash by cutting benefits? my ex and her husband are both on dole, claiming disability benefit, don,t affect him when its a cash in ■■■■■■■■ or in usual everyday ect, so far this year had 7 holidays, 2 overseas and a xmas and new year abroad, , 2 new computers new kitchen new car and a van, ect ect,
me and my missus who is a professional health worker, neither had any time off ect 1 holiday and just managing to have a little cash spare after paying the bills

whos, better off? this benefit system stinks

Borderer:
We are just sheep for the shearing, the same very old story. It’ll do till the next scam this crisis will, and things will likely rattle along as ever they have.

As the banks were bailed out in 1981/82 and 1992/93 what odds on them being helped out before 2020?

Conor:

Maybe back to the days when people earned a wage instead of make a living? Wishful thinking.

Stan

dle1uk:
safe some cash by cutting benefits?

Not just cutting them - annihilating them.

The benefit system is supposed to be a safety net for those that fall on hard times - not a lifestyle choice! That means that the benefits should not be enough to live on, and shouldn’t last for a lifetime.

The very first question that comes up is “Will it affect my benefits”. The answer should be “Yes, if you don’t take it”.

Really does get under my skin that the feckless and the idle are looked after better than those who work to provide them with their benefits. :imp:

Stan

jammymutt:
Well done Maggie keep the coal for later years it will be wqorth itrs weight in gold one day.

I think it’s pretty much lost for good, the cost of sinking new mines would be mind blowing.

Labours motto TAX THE WORKER TO PAY THE SHIRKER

Melchett:

jammymutt:

I think it’s pretty much lost for good, the cost of sinking new mines would be mind blowing.

Op-en cast is a lot cheaper the only problem is the nimbys.

dle1uk:
safe some cash by cutting benefits? my ex and her husband are both on dole, claiming disability benefit, don,t affect him when its a cash in ■■■■■■■■ or in usual everyday ect, so far this year had 7 holidays, 2 overseas and a xmas and new year abroad, , 2 new computers new kitchen new car and a van, ect ect,
me and my missus who is a professional health worker, neither had any time off ect 1 holiday and just managing to have a little cash spare after paying the bills

whos, better off? this benefit system stinks

cut benefits?no way!how would the “glassback scrounging scummers” be able to get there daily dose of jeremy kyle/soaps on there mega lcd/plasma jobbies whilst supporting there local emporiums of fast food outlets??and just how would they be able to clog up roads on a sunday driving to car-boot sales in there “motorbility” cars/mpv’s…there was once a time a labour goverment stood for the working man…am i too harsh?or a realist…

jammymutt:
Op-en cast is a lot cheaper the only problem is the nimbys.

True but I think you’ll find that most of the easily accessible coal has already been had. The next generation opencast will be more like “mini” deep mines… with all the nimby stuff you mentioned.

Most of the coal fired power stations were converted to gas, short sighted or what? The cost of converting them back has to be added to the cost of re-opening/sinking deep mines.
Although we have an estimated 100 million tonnes of coal reserves, UK ltd is pretty much bankrupt from what I can see & we will never be able to afford the investment.

always said that if you are out of work and claiming benefits, then you can get off your backside and earn it. have a system where the proper people who need the benefits are looked after. the ones who can work and are claiming to be looking for work should be employed by the goverment for their benefits, run by ex squaddies, so theres no gutless liberal people smegheads running it. they should be taught a bit of respect for themsleves and others, be made to apply for work and closely monitered to see that they are doing so. meanwhile say three days a week have them working in their local communities, I.E. contributing to the good of us all. if they think they are hard done by because of this, then that gives them an incentive to get off it and find employment. they dont turn up…find they dont get benefits. you want a laptop off the goverment for your kids homework?..fine you put so many hours community work on top of what you are doing to earn it!..lets get out of this system where people think they have a right to something for nothing…right im off the soapbox now, are you with me or against me brothers and sisters?.. :laughing: