Help needed or not

THE GOVERMENT,THEY HELP THE BANKS BY LENDING THEM OUR MONEY,I MEAN THE ONE’S OF US STILL PAYING IN,THEY HELP HIGH STREET SHOPS AGAIN BY LETTING THEM HAVE LOWER VAT AND PUTTING IT ON FUEL SO AGAIN THE HAULIER CAN’T CLAIM IT BACK AND HAS TO PAY AGAIN,THEY ARE NOW GOING TO HELP THE CAR AND TRUCK BUILDERS BY AGAIN LENDING THEM OUR MONEY,I MEAN OUR MONEY BECAUSE THEY CAN ONLY TAKE WHAT WE MAKE AND BOY ARE THEY GOING TO TAKE!! ALL OF THE ABOVE INDUSTRIES HAVE MADE EXCESSIVE PROFITS FOR YEARS MAINLY BY CHARGING US YES THE GOOD OLD BRITISH WORKER HIGH PRICES WHICH WE PAID,WE WOULD RATHER CARRY ON BEING RIPPED OF THAN COMPLAIN NOW WE PAY FOR EVERYONE,I WONDER HOW LONG THEY CAN IGNORE THAT BRITISH HAULAGE IS ON IT’S BACKSIDE YET THEY STILL INCREASE FUEL DUTY.
TAKE,TAKE,TAKE BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE CAN’T AFFORD THE FUEL ANYMORE!!! NO JOBS,NO TRUCKS,NO GOODS,NO FUTURE.

I’m no politician but maybe it’s a case of profit for the those in power?
The large supermarkets have driven our farmers out of business in favour of cheap imports (how many British milk tankers do you see shipping out these days)?
The goods are brought in buy cheap foreign hauliers so in turn the profits are HUGE and the “back handers” increase.

The British government dont give a stuff about National pride or industry it seems.

The Friday Mr brown declared to lower fuel due to the drop in oil prices Denmark did exactly that and I am pleased to say we pay from as little as 75p to 85p per liter for diesel.

WHY NOT THE UK■■?

Fuel strikes are a joke in the UK and a waste of more diesel.

If the french know one thing it’s how to make there government LISTEN by blockades. After all you all live in a so called democracy, “freedom of speach” and all that.

Well I’ve over done it again so I need a lay down.

It would have read a lot better without the caps lock on though.

Ken.

i apologize for writing that in capital letters but would that of made any difference to the comment :confused: :question:

I suppose there are some companies that the Gov cannot or will not allow to go under, like the banks for instance. Ford and General motor are now cap in hand begging for cash at the Gov’s door.

In America they, Ford and General motors have already been told “NO cash”. The new president is trying to change this to “Yes” as the loss of these two would be catastrophic.

Britain is at last, opening up more open cast mining areas, which means more self sufficient energy. There is however plenty of backlash against these from the Eco warriors.

Cosidering we are still( I think ) paying for world 2, then the zillions being borrowed now is, going to take zillions of years to pay back. :unamused: :open_mouth:

Hear hear! I agree with every word, and yes it needed to be shouted.

i don’t think government money (our money) should ever be used to prop up failing companies.
Look what’s happened in the banking industry we’ve pumped millions into to bail thems out.
yet everyday companies are going ■■■■ up because the banks are cutting over drafts over nite and refusing to lend our money back to us. because of a crisis they created.
What the government should do is use the billions they’ve given to the banks to guarantee bank customers savings and to help british manufacturing industries be competitive once again through lower taxes.

In haulage the biggest problem is we can’t compete with european drivers coming over for a week at a time and not buying fuel, not paying tax and not respecting the same laws that crucify british hauliers.
Rant over i think i’ll have another beer to weep into.

Mr B:
i don’t think government money (our money) should ever be used to prop up failing companies.
Look what’s happened in the banking industry we’ve pumped millions into to bail thems out.
yet everyday companies are going ■■■■ up because the banks are cutting over drafts over nite and refusing to lend our money back to us. because of a crisis they created.
What the government should do is use the billions they’ve given to the banks to guarantee bank customers savings and to help british manufacturing industries be competitive once again through lower taxes.

In haulage the biggest problem is we can’t compete with european drivers coming over for a week at a time and not buying fuel, not paying tax and not respecting the same laws that crucify british hauliers.

As far as I can remember the last paragraph has been happening for many years.

As for the [zb], having taken the bail out money, then not holding up to their promise, to start lending and passing on interest cuts to their loyal customers, is nothing short of criminal. As far as I can tell it is the banks from all over the world that have created this mess, and they should be bought to book. Anyone with any sense could see that their policies and reckless behaviour was going to end in tears.

Yet it was allowed to go on without limit.

Very subtle. Not. L.

chippy:

Mr B:

As for the *ankers, having taken the bail out money, then not holding up to their promise, to start lending and passing on interest cuts to their loyal customers, is nothing short of criminal. As far as I can tell it is the banks from all over the world that have created this mess, and they should be bought to book. Anyone with any sense could see that their policies and reckless behaviour was going to end in tears.

Yes it as been going on for years. This government and possibly the last as allowed the economy to be built on the financial and service sectors with cheap imports and cheaper foreign labour.

Any fool could see it couldn’t continue for ever and whats happening now is just a correction.

We have to restart making and exporting stuff again.

Mr B:

chippy:

Mr B:

As for the *ankers, having taken the bail out money, then not holding up to their promise, to start lending and passing on interest cuts to their loyal customers, is nothing short of criminal. As far as I can tell it is the banks from all over the world that have created this mess, and they should be bought to book. Anyone with any sense could see that their policies and reckless behaviour was going to end in tears.

Yes it as been going on for years. This government and possibly the last as allowed the economy to be built on the financial and service sectors with cheap imports and cheaper foreign labour.

Any fool could see it couldn’t continue for ever and whats happening now is just a correction.

We have to restart making and exporting stuff again.

Easier said than done, I fear.

why is it easier said than done? This economic crisis as cost more than the 1st world war so far and by the time its over probably more than the 2nd! That sort of money can do a lot. In the new year one of our big contracts is closing and moving to india to save money!
So we should reduce all business taxes, fuel duty and stop over taxing the people that make money through running employing people.

JOBE:
i apologize for writing that in capital letters but would that of made any difference to the comment :confused: :question:

Jobe, in a word, no. A point well made, but as ever you may as well talk to a wall. The supermarkets have a lot to answer for as well. It was only a matter of time before they forced agriculture thru the floor and now haulage is next.

Just gotta be strong and ride it out. From now on in i see no shame in going to the wall, just a sign of the times. Until that moment we’ll just keep pushing on looking to the future. No one said it was gonna be easy,

NEVER EASY! :wink: :wink: :wink:

The truth about this matter is they don’t care about road haulage and they wanted to put fuel up for a long time this way they put the 2p on what they wanted to do last year,but this way jo public thinks they are helping us by reducing vat for 13 months. So in 13 months time high fuel,expensive drinks and tobacco will save us all. Ok not quite, there will be alot less pubs,a lot less hauliers,a lot less people with jobs and a lot more DEBT!!!

SO WHO IS HELPING WHO!!!

WE DO THE GIVING THEY DO THE TAKING, I KNOW ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A VERY LONG TIME BUT IT HAS TO STOP WE CAN’T KEEP BEING TREATED SECOND CLASS .

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO GREAT IN BRITAIN ANY MORE .

All the government needs to do is impose a tax on all foreign freight vehicles entering the UK. Payable on leaving the port/railway. It wouldnt have to be much, just a few pounds. We pay tolls and vigniette on the continent so why not foreign freight vehicles here in the UK? The money raised could then be used to subsidise fuel prices for UK hauliers. Lets face it foreign vehicles can fill up with cheaper diesel in France, come to this country, deliver their goods, pick up a back load and return abroad without contributing a penny to the British economy. Its about time they did.

Hi MR VAIN allways keep trying, i’m lucky i own most of the trucks in the yard but it does get to you when our government can’t stop kicking you in the balls.

The problem for trucks,cars and fuel, as I see it is the compliance with EU and world targets to cut green house gases. This is something that is here to stay. Manchester is almost definately the next congestion charge area, closely followed by Brum and everywhere else.

This compliance or target should not effect goods in transit, but the simple fact of the matter is the reliance on CARS. One that seems to dominate everyones lives like never before.
has to be curtailed.

How this is all suppose to happen I haven,t a clue, but it has to, and the reliance on " Henry Ford’s dream" must come to an end, or be curtailed :cry:

i fail to understand why it’s the “big supermarket’s” fault for the very sad demise of our british farmers :open_mouth: it may have something to do the the great british publics love affair of “getting a bargain”,we are all (well most) guilty of frquenting said huge emporiums in order to feed our families for many years,hence why said emporiums have grown into what they are today. that is a quote from my good friend,ex dairy/beef farmer in my village,now coming from a farmer,who’s family have farmed our rural area for generations,i tend to think he may have a point…just like the thief who robs,whithout the receiver,there would be no crime and just like the supermarket…suppling cheap goods no matter what the cost!

at last some drivers with sense,ive been on about it for ages that we are being shafted by cheap labour and haulage from the east,and now by the government,take a look at some of the job rates and youll see wages are slowly coming down,its always been the problem here they just dont pay proper wages for reasonable hours,i know you can earn on some companies but how many can you live on a basic wage?? i think thatcher knew what she was doing when she stopped index linked pay to inflation,you now have to argue,if you dare? just to keep up with the cost of living,if wages where index linked you couldnt say anything cos your wages went up automatically with inflation high or low you kept pace.and its easy to make eu hauliers pay road tx here they dont get ferry/train ticket back to eu land until they do,pay it on port of exit,but nobody can be bothered so they get away with it,same with countries where there is no sunday running their trucks should be parked up and the others allowed to carry on,tough i know,but ask how many of us have been stuck because of sunday bans and holidays :imp:

chippy:
In America they, Ford and General motors have already been told “NO cash”. The new president is trying to change this to “Yes” as the loss of these two would be catastrophic.

I think congress would have given them the money anyways.

They were just basically making a point to Ford, GM because the executives plead poverty then fly in from Michgan in three different private jets, they also came cap in hand asking for money with no plan about how they will change their business in the future to make it work in the future. The rececent credit crunch tops off their problems but supposedly they have been having serious problems for the past two decades because they have been living in the past.

They came back and they drove from Michgan to Washington, and have supposedly come back with some plans about changing their bussinesses.

Could we even do similar in the UK would the EU not get involved and say it was unfair for the government to bail out something like the car industry because they would say it wasnt fair competition our government bailing out some of our industry where other countries wouldnt.

LAST ORDERS AT THE BAR :question: :wink:

BRITAIN IS CLOSING AFTER CHRISTMAS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: