Help needed or not

JOBE:
LAST ORDERS AT THE BAR :question: :wink:

BRITAIN IS CLOSING AFTER CHRISTMAS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mines a guinness… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now dont you worry Jobe the RHA are writing to the BBC. So that will be OK then.

RH WHO :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

THAT PINT WILL COST £2352.50 SORRY PLUS 15% IF YOUR A HAULIER PLEASE ADD £700 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

andy bilton:
i fail to understand why it’s the “big supermarket’s” fault for the very sad demise of our british farmers :open_mouth: it may have something to do the the great british publics love affair of “getting a bargain”,we are all (well most) guilty of frquenting said huge emporiums in order to feed our families for many years,hence why said emporiums have grown into what they are today. that is a quote from my good friend,ex dairy/beef farmer in my village,now coming from a farmer,who’s family have farmed our rural area for generations,i tend to think he may have a point…just like the thief who robs,whithout the receiver,there would be no crime and just like the supermarket…suppling cheap goods no matter what the cost!

Exactly. It’s all well and good banging your drums and pointing your fingers but you all need to be looking a lot closer to home to see where the blame lay, especially when it comes to supermarket bashing.

I’m as guilty as the next person as I purchase 99% of my food and household stuff from either Asda or Morries simply for the convenience factor, just like everyone else. Yes, I could spend an extra couple of hours driving about visiting farm shops etc and sourcing my food locally, but when you’ve factored in the extra time, hassle and fuel costs, it’s much easier to just go to your local supermarket and pick everything up in one go. Sorry to all the struggling farmers out there but that’s the reality of it I’m afraid. :frowning:

Why are the [zb]s still not passing the interest rate down to?

Do they have to be told in no uncertain terms that this is what they must do?

If the percentage rate goes zero, which is likely, then the banks have a duty to follow. 1951 is the last time we got to this point, just after another great disaster " The war".

After all it is the Gov and us, that now OWN most of the banks. The banks cannot go around hiding money anymore. The Gov has to tell them, this is what you have to do, period. No if’s or buts. If they go under tough.

It is after all their own greedy fault. Any idiot could see what was going to happen, and the authority overseeing the banks activities should have seen it also. Now we find ouselves in dire straights like as if, we have gone back in time. Like my mum says( 84 years old) " You ain’t seen nothing yet"

Language. L.

Kenny1975:

chippy:
In America they, Ford and General motors have already been told “NO cash”. The new president is trying to change this to “Yes” as the loss of these two would be catastrophic.

I think congress would have given them the money anyways.

They were just basically making a point to Ford, GM because the executives plead poverty then fly in from Michgan in three different private jets, they also came cap in hand asking for money with no plan about how they will change their business in the future to make it work in the future. The rececent credit crunch tops off their problems but supposedly they have been having serious problems for the past two decades because they have been living in the past.

They came back and they drove from Michgan to Washington, and have supposedly come back with some plans about changing their bussinesses.

Could we even do similar in the UK would the EU not get involved and say it was unfair for the government to bail out something like the car industry because they would say it wasnt fair competition our government bailing out some of our industry where other countries wouldnt.

The thing about the GM, Ford, Chrysler thing is the impact it will have on the country as a whole, I spend most of my time in the USA & a Car Dealer from some little small town was on the TV asking Congress to pass the bill, he raised some important issues, for every job loss in Detroit there will be 6 and a half job losses elsewhere, not just in the motor industry either but things like small newspapers losing advertising revenue from the Car Dealerships & having to lay people off as a result.

It’s ridiculous that companies can keep churning out a product that people don’t buy & expect Government money to bail them out, but they either pay it to the companies or pay it out in Welfare Cheques so it’s better for morale to keep the companies afloat.

Lets face it consumer greed at both ends of the scale has put the western world in the current financial mess, you just have to tighten your belts & hope to ride it out, it looks as though it’s going to be a tough time for some :frowning:

Rob K:

andy bilton:
i fail to understand why it’s the “big supermarket’s” fault for the very sad demise of our british farmers :open_mouth: it may have something to do the the great british publics love affair of “getting a bargain”,we are all (well most) guilty of frquenting said huge emporiums in order to feed our families for many years,hence why said emporiums have grown into what they are today. that is a quote from my good friend,ex dairy/beef farmer in my village,now coming from a farmer,who’s family have farmed our rural area for generations,i tend to think he may have a point…just like the thief who robs,whithout the receiver,there would be no crime and just like the supermarket…suppling cheap goods no matter what the cost!

Exactly. It’s all well and good banging your drums and pointing your fingers but you all need to be looking a lot closer to home to see where the blame lay, especially when it comes to supermarket bashing.

I’m as guilty as the next person as I purchase 99% of my food and household stuff from either Asda or Morries simply for the convenience factor, just like everyone else. Yes, I could spend an extra couple of hours driving about visiting farm shops etc and sourcing my food locally, but when you’ve factored in the extra time, hassle and fuel costs, it’s much easier to just go to your local supermarket and pick everything up in one go. Sorry to all the struggling farmers out there but that’s the reality of it I’m afraid. :frowning:

But in YOUR defence, the supermarkets have created this problem by dropping their prices and pricing the local greengrocer, butcher ect, out of the game. Maybe this all stems back to a greedy farmer chasing a supermarket contract?

ROB, I agree with everyword you said. Not often that happens.

Forget the supermarket’s for a mo. I can now see the rapid nationalisation of british banks. The bank’s have again not towed the line, whch is a disgrace.

After all the bail out money from us the part owners, the banks are still making profits. You may say that’s fine, but in my world the bank’s are behaving like criminals. I see no point in the banking system as it now stands, and the sooner the dicision to stop them in their unholy alliance with each other the better.

I can see no future for the car companies trying to get a bail out. Gm and Ford cannot be given OUR money to save them. They are companies and they have to be realistic about their future. It would be unfair for such large multinationals to be treated any different to any other business. We only have to look back to see what happend when the Gov tried to save the British car industry. Millions lost and nothing gained.

Yes the supermarket’s are ■■■■■■■■■■ I agree. Perhaps it is only a matter of time before they go down the toilet , chasing the [zb] before them. :blush:
they should be!!!

Thank Rob, he tipped me off…L. :wink: :laughing:

Chippy, are you an ex sailor or something? I’m bloody sure that you don’t spell ANCHOR the way that you do :wink:

chippy:
Why are the [zb]s still not passing the interest rate down to?

Do they have to be told in no uncertain terms that this is what they must do?

If the percentage rate goes zero, which is likely, then the banks have a duty to follow. 1951 is the last time we got to this point, just after another great disaster " The war".

After all it is the Gov and us, that now OWN most of the banks. The banks cannot go around hiding money anymore. The Gov has to tell them, this is what you have to do, period. No if’s or buts. If they go under tough.

It is after all their own greedy fault. Any idiot could see what was going to happen, and the authority overseeing the banks activities should have seen it also. Now we find ouselves in dire straights like as if, we have gone back in time. Like my mum says( 84 years old) " You ain’t seen nothing yet"

Part of thats government and BoE spin though, i aint a fan of the banks.

But the banks borrow money from other banks etc… at the banking interest rate not the BoE interest rate, which is at 4%.

So they are being asked to lend money at 2% they have to borrow at 4%.

andy bilton:

There’s also another side to that. A succesful Turkey farmer like Bernard Mathews who has captivated most of the UK market and done very well, even survived the ‘Turkey Twizzlers’ scandal decides he would like to ‘grow his buisness’ (otherwise known as make more money!) and opens a plant in somewhere cheaper like Hungary, lets just say the Hungarians have a better work ethic than the UK, it sounds better that way rather than saying its too expensive or competitive in the UK. Said Hungaian Turkey plant and it lower standards of hygiene are responsible for an outbreak of bird flu for which Mr.Mathews company is paid just over half a million in compensation by us tax payers. We may be guily as recievers of recieving from thieves, but until all food is clearly labelled with its country of origin it unfair to criticise consumers for that. We used to have a ‘Buy British’ campaign years ago, in the meantime i’m happy to buy value yoghurts from Tescos at about 8pence each,they are produced in Germany (as is Asdas), i’d rather pay 8 pence and grab a bargain than pay 10 pence for one and save the hassle of foreign lorries coming here to deliver it whilst we start to acumulate masses of unemployed. After all i have to watch my pennies now we’re in a reccesion ! :slight_smile:
Ultimateley we’ll buy whatever we’re given by whoever sells the most.