So how far did you go this year?

So, its the end of another year (nearly), I was just wondering who managed to get the furthest trip away from the UK this year? (driving not holiday :unamused: )

Any one get down to Saudi or anywhere else in the M/E?? :open_mouth: ( I know Mr Hooper did but im talking about anyone from this site)

No, probably notā€¦how about up into Russia, Asia or the ā€œstahnsā€ (kazak, Uzbeki etc)

I suppose ianyng and his run to Cyprus would have been a good contender if he had got there.

How about jj72ā€¦he runs all over the place but did you get out there much yourself?

look forward to hearing of some unusual trips.

Cheers all, bullitt.

PSā€¦And a merry christmas to one and all.

Not very far at all sadly. Furthest this year was into Hungary, up towards the Ukranian border, but with them being in the EU now it wasnā€™t that much different than going to Belgium.

The longest trip Iā€™ve done this year, was a load from Aberdeen to Taranto.

The route was, Tuesday afternoon, Aberdeen to Rosyth for the ferry to Zeebrugge. From Zeebrugge to near Ulm for the first full day. From there via the Brenner Pass into Italy, parking up for the night at Modena after another 10 hr drive. The last day I got down to the drop in Taranto just inside 9 hrs driving, arriving at 5pm local time. Happily I got tipped there and then, so on the Saturday I ran back up the coast to Rimini, ready for reloading there on Monday morning.

been to sweden, switzerland and spain this year, plus a few puddle jumps, got offered a trip to russia but no thanks

Furthest I have been is Belfort I suppose although Toulouse is probably further. I crossed 5 countries on Saturday though Holland, Belgium France and back to Holland for some Oranjeboom :stuck_out_tongue:

The Algarve (Vilamoura) is the furthest for me this year

Not to sure on the distance but did a groupage load earlier in year starting at Hjallerup just above Alborg in Denmark finished up in Burgas Bulgaria, Also few loads from Copenhagen down to Athens and Kalamata Greece, not sure on which was the longer trip. Time wise longest was loading 5 places around Denmark and going to Krusevac Serbia, Sophia X 2 Bulgaria up into Romania and loading Buzau, Brasov and Ploiesti and back to Denmark.
sdj

Been puddle jumping most of the year with the occasional double trip week.

Looking through my diary Iā€™ve had times when Iā€™ve done French four weeks on the trot other times Iā€™ve been the German expert. North German is 8 or 9 drops ending around Bremen or Hamburg. South German is the same number of drops ending up down at Singen or Markdorf.

The furthest one hitter was to Aken in Germany and no, I havenā€™t spelt it wrong :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The rest of the time it was Benlux or horror of horrors UK :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp:

Total kms = about 115,000

from uk abroad was down to Gibraltar, reload was Motril to Colraine Northern Ireland then reloaded from Airdrie to Fradley Park. Iā€™ve done Valencia to Glasgow markets twice

The furthest i`ve got was rheine over near osnabruck.
Other than that the norm is gent, sometimes gent, or maybe gent :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

topcat:
Iā€™ve done Valencia to Glasgow markets twice

who did you upsetā– ā– ?

IRAQ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Austin, I like the Glasgow market they have a good parking up area and good little cafe. also never paid anyone to tip me !! had one boss moan abit that his competitors onions were on the same trailer, but im sure he knew that the trailer is brought by a ā€œsellerā€ and sold on route. Iā€™ve done a couple of jobs for your boss, potatoes from Belgium to Portugual, onions from Valencia to Cambs, Had a good chat on boat last week with him, when u were trailer swapping in Bords, So he finally let u home !!! heā€™s a good boss, hope it goes ok with him. Some of them onoin warehouseā€™s are great fun to find arent they ?