2014..........how far did YOU go?

So, as another year draws to a close, where did we all get to this year?? Anyone still venturing any where further East than Turkey? :open_mouth: Are any of the “Sellers” still running? How about south down into Africa (RTN-Lubbers to Agadir, Maroc) or up to the Arctic circle. The Rock and Roll / conference / exhibition chaps normally get everywhere and anywhere.
Our resident North Africa correspondent (robert1952) reported back from the Sudan and the Canadian contingent are still putting in the miles across the whole North American continent, but did anyone get anywhere really off the beaten track? Anywhere hot sunny and exotic and interesting?? :smiley: :wink:

As one of the Canadian contingent I don’t have anything exciting or unusual to report this year. I’m already right on the eastern end of Canada so nothing to report eastwards or north. Going west I did a Texas earlier this year and an Iowa, and going south Ive done the odd Florida but compared to previous years its not much.

I went a couple of hundred kicks up into the bush, but it was summer and the day before three huge heavy haul outfits delivered to the place I went, so no big deal. It was a bit “follow the drums” as my turn off was designated by a little yellow flag.

Just back from Bulgaria.

Not that far.
Salzburg once.
A bit further than Munich, to Trostberg a few times, Burghausen and Burgkirchen (both) An Der Alz several times each.
Geneva a few times.
That’s about it, as I said, not that far really :slight_smile:

Anglesey

Moscow.One of job unfortunately

Skegness

ahh, feel like a trunker or something, haven’t gotten anywhere :laughing:

south: Tychy, Poland
west: Bergen, Norway
east: Voka, Estonia (20 miles from the russian border)
north: Alta, Norway

milodon:

What are your work plans for this year, more of the same or maybe something heading south?

milodon:

south: Tychy, Poland
west: Bergen, Norway
east: Voka, Estonia (20 miles from the russian border)
north: Alta, Norway

Are you sure Bergen is the furthers West you have been? East Anglia is further West than that!!

North: Oslo, Norway
East: Rhodes, Greece
South: Valletta, Malta
West: Lisbon, Porgugal

robinhood_1984:
What are your work plans for this year, more of the same or maybe something heading south?

the same I guess, haven’t really been known for job-hopping, was in my first job for four years, the second for four years as well (albeit three of it as a subby and the last year as an employee), so I’m good right now. the schedule of four weeks on the road and then two off suits me very well indeed, but as I was renewing my international accident/life insurance this morning, I got some nagging from the girlfriend as in “you’re not going to be working there for another year are you?” :laughing:

it is more of a single or semi-retired mans game, when the children have moved out and so on, but my son turns 1 on monday and the second one is due in july, so the pressure to find a job where you’re home every night is considerable. then again I know a guy who has 13 kids and works 8 weeks on, 4 off :open_mouth:

whelmic:
Are you sure Bergen is the furthers West you have been? East Anglia is further West than that!!

#neverbeen :smiley:

milodon:

robinhood_1984:

the same I guess, haven’t really been known for job-hopping, was in my first job for four years, the second for four years as well (albeit three of it as a subby and the last year as an employee), so I’m good right now. the schedule of four weeks on the road and then two off suits me very well indeed, but as I was renewing my international accident/life insurance this morning, I got some nagging from the girlfriend as in “you’re not going to be working there for another year are you?” :laughing:

it is more of a single or semi-retired mans game, when the children have moved out and so on, but my son turns 1 on monday and the second one is due in july, so the pressure to find a job where you’re home every night is considerable. then again I know a guy who has 13 kids and works 8 weeks on, 4 off :open_mouth:

Maybe he needs 52 weeks, 0 weeks off, to stop number 14 coming along. :laughing:

whelmic:

milodon:
#neverbeen :smiley:

#Youdon’tknowwhatyou’remissing :laughing:

st Petersburg for me, mind you we spent more time at the border than in Russia. I thought Belgrade was the best place this year a brilliant museum in an old fortress at kalemegdan where the two rivers meet.

hotel magnum:
… a brilliant museum in an old fortress at kalemegdan where the two rivers meet.

I will second that. If you ever find yourself around the area with time to kill it is well worth a visit. :smiley:

Dubai for 4 months from early Jan to end of April, flew out mind but did plenty of driving out there moving a polo team around the Emirates

North: Stockholm, Sweden
East: Berlin, Germay
South: Madrid, Spain
West: Dublin, Ireland

Koh samui but on holiday driving round the island.

Not far…

Bruneck (Brunico) In South Tirol, Italy…

As far south as Chirk, twice I may add. As far north as Killin, thrice. Apart from those mega adventures, southerly limit was Carlisle, northerly West Calder.