So who went the furthest

So as another year draws to a close its time to ask the question…how far did we go this year?

Who went the furthest …north up in to Scandinavia or the Arctic circle, or East across Russia, or across Europe to the desert kingdoms or South and down into Africa??

Im sure the R and R boys and girls went to a few far flung destinations or was it JJ72 sending his chaps across Russia to various unpronouncable places??

Did anyone get anywhere well off the beaten track, somewhere exotic and rarely visited by UK trucks??

Lets see who went the furthest, with pics as proof of course!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

My first delivery in the year was Stockholm, and my last one was just outside Benidorm, 3500km apart, and I did 125000km this year, but no single long runs

ay up, furthest north was stockholm (one of ours got up into arctic circle on a gig) furthest east was budapest, south was seville, and best was ibiza (yes, in the truck! :grimacing: )

Crete

Bizarrely, my furthest trip was Stockholm too, did three this year but that was it. No Spain, no Italy, nothing.

furthest south iwent was sofia in bulgaria

An extremely boring year for me Im afraid - Gibraltar to UK and back time and time again, the furthest north I got was probably Preston. Got to get a new job this year Im going insane with boredomn on this one.

Mind you about 4 years ago I was doing Malaga to Finland regularly, places like Lapeenranta, Tampere and a bit further north Kuopio and I got bored with that too!

Furthest North: Vaasa, Finland
Furthest South: Cartegena, Spain
Furthest East: Istanbul, Turkey
Furthest West: Lisbon, Portugal

And all points inbetween!

does half way to hell and back count

mind u some on here have been all the way so maybe i should count mesel lucky :wink:

looking through my Diary, the
Furthest south was Palermo, Sicily
Furthest north was Bergen, Norway
Furthest west was Cascais, Portugal
Furthest East either Lecce, Italy or Stockholm, (close call)

Furthest North Oulu Finland, Furthest South Gib, Furthest West Lisbon, Furthest East Thasos Small Island in Greece, Plus Ibiza and Majorca, and every small place where people move too in europe

Well now that we are all classed as Europeans and I’ve been back behind the wheel again from November this year the furthest North I’ve been is Darlington and the furthest South is London (Bow) :laughing: :laughing: Delivering upto 100 beds a day into a DC/wholesaler and sometimes the goods are straight off the truck onto numerous transit van’s for onward delivery :question:
Where do all these beds go :question: :question: Does anybody know :question: Coz I Don’t :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards
Dave Penn;

Furthest North was Helsinki,
Furthest South was Barcelona
Furthest East was Krakow
Furthest West was Madrid.

DAFMAD:
Furthest North was Helsinki,
Furthest South was Barcelona
Furthest East was Krakow
Furthest West was Madrid.

Isn’t Madrid Further South than Barcelona? :smiley:

I’ve just looked at a Map of Europe and realised the furthest North I’ve been in a truck this year is Norwich :open_mouth: :laughing:
East was Istanbul, but than we cheat really as we put it on a boat in Italy. :smiley: so if that doesn’t count it’s Budapest
Furthest South Jerez.
Futhest West Portimao.

Isn’t Madrid Further South than Barcelona?

I believe it is slightly, and Helsinki is slightly further east then Krakow too. :smiley: :laughing:

DAFMAD:

Isn’t Madrid Further South than Barcelona?

I believe it is slightly, and Helsinki is slightly further east then Krakow too. :smiley: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: I thought Budapest was further North than Norfolk, it was a bit of a surprise when I looked on the map.

If it’s any help to you, Moscow is on the same degree of Latitude as Edinburgh :open_mouth: :smiley: , no wonder it’s so cool up here :sunglasses:

East would have been Marmaris in October, north probably Gallivare in Sweden early in the year, and south and west were the same job I reckon - Puerto de San Juan on the west coast of Tenerife. Some subbies went to Chernobyl but without a map in front of me I can’t think if that’s further east than marmaris :blush:

jj72:
East would have been Marmaris in October, north probably Gallivare in Sweden early in the year, and south and west were the same job I reckon - Puerto de San Juan on the west coast of Tenerife. Some subbies went to Chernobyl but without a map in front of me I can’t think if that’s further east than marmaris :blush:

Not sure where Marmaris is but a quick look at a map of Europe suggests that the Turkish border at Kapikule is about the same distance to the east as Chernobyl, which is northern central Ukraine, just above Kiev, so Marmaris is probably further east.

Cheers for all the replies so far chaps, keep em coming :wink: :wink:

Tenerife!!!..Nice run for someone.

Marmaris, just checked google maps and its on the Turkish southern mainland, just north of the greek island of Rhodes.

Howabout TN member Touareg123, didnt he get over to the Iranian-Afghan border with a trailor load of old vehicles??

And any TN members here actually GO to the M/E this year, Saudi, Doha etc ■■?

Keep posting chaps, its all interesting stuff. :wink: :wink: