Smuggling question

as some of you are aware, i’m going through a bit of an ordeal at the moment.
for those who don’t know. i was stopped at dover with 4.5 million cigarettes in my trailer, they said it was £700,000 worth.
i knew nothing about it, and i’m on bail, but i’ve not been charged.

but i’ve been thinking.

lets say, i’ve picked up the load, then after driving for a while. then i think something just didn’t seem right. you know what i mean. they grey matter goes into overtime, and suspision gets the better of you.
so you have a look. and you find ■■■■/drugs etc.

so what the [zb] are you supposed to do?

limeyphil:
for those who don’t know. i was stopped at dover with 4.5 million cigarettes in my trailer, they said it was £700,000 worth.

but i’ve been thinking.

lets say, i’ve picked up the load, then after driving for a while. then i think something just didn’t seem right. you know what i mean. they grey matter goes into overtime, and suspision gets the better of you.

Hit the car boot sales obviously, then give up driving.

What coffee said ^^^^^ :laughing:

Im afraid its the old ..old story...i am sure you are aware that there are many drivers in foreign jails with the same problems, whether they are rightly or wrongly there, depend on the evidence, and proof of how it got there. Its an impossible task to check every box and bag thats loaded on a trailer..we have to take their word for it and hope for the best. The question is HOW` can a driver prove to customs that they didnt know it was there, or indeed had anything to do with the smuggling operation.
Of course if you are of previous good character…that will go in your favour, i would have thought that customs/police will undertake a check of the warehouse personel, and maybe the address the load was destined for, the fact you are on bail is a good sign, and hopefully you will in due course hear from them with good news that no further action will be taken. I wish you luck.

A O/D mate of mine was pulling for NEDU. Got stopped in Harwich & had drugs with the groupage. Slung in Norwich jail for a year. Lost his truck, home & wife. The customs told him they knew he wasn’t guilty & they knew who was doing it .When it went to trial was set free. I think they caught the ringleader a year later.

dogthehunter:
What coffee said ^^^^^ :laughing:

did you check the load before you took it /was it a trailor swap over ?
the driver of said vehicle know or did not known the goods as you signed for the trailor
was you there when it was being loaded
was you in contact with customer was it a reglor customer
i worked for a company who did this they took his vehicle away which he owened he lost his house and company due to vosa shut them up for having no operators licence he went to prison for 3 yrs he can not run a company /family he did

Hi all.Attn Harry.Hi Harry.Iworked for NEDU for quite a long time on the Dutch side and if it is the same driver that i’m thinking of Les…from Colchester.That was really a ■■■■ up from the old bill.I met les about 5yrs ago on the Hull boat when i was working for Nijman Zeetank and he told me the whole story.If i remember ther was some connection with the son of the boss. …jr.Last i heard Les was working for Visbeen and was back with his wife but it was still a [zb] situation and even though it wasn’t his fault it touches you for life.Bum deal.Mike

limeyphil:

Nearest layby / hard shoulder - legs down ,lines off , collect number plate from trailer , pull handle and get as far away from it as possible .
Ring your boss explain and tell him you ain’t going back near it.

beefy4605:

limeyphil:

Nearest layby / hard shoulder - legs down ,lines off , collect number plate from trailer , pull handle and get as far away from it as possible .
Ring your boss explain and tell him you ain’t going back near it.

that be what i’d do aswell !!!

How much space would 4.5 million cigarettes take up? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

limeyphil:

but iv been thinking

whats thas!! Phil thinking■■?

Sir +:

Probably not as much as you’d expect when you think about the size of a 200carton, couple of pallets at a guess :confused:

On an industrial estate I used to work on there was a guy who sold cheap ■■■■, the ■■■■■■ turned up one day with two large boxes full of ■■■■ and offered them to him for £800, must’ve been a few grands worth. they opened a box, took out an individual pack and let him try one - all good so he handed over his £800.

Thing is, that’s the only 20pack that actually contained ■■■■, the rest of that carton were 20 packs but only contained a polystyrene block, the rest of both boxes was 200 ■■■ cartons with nothing but a larger block of polystyrene in them :laughing:

£800 for 20 ■■■■, never seen a guy look so sick!

All the best fella, hope it all sorts itself out soon.

Sir +:

I think there are 50 sleeves to a case, 10,000 cigarettes, so 450 cases.

EDIT: Found this on a site which sells fake cigarettes from China.

Packing:20 cigarettes in a packet 10 packets in a sleeve 50 sleeves in a master case = MC There are 440 master cases in 1x20ft container, 1040 master cases in 1x40ft container. Delivery time: 7 days for 1x20ft container, 10 days for 1x40ft container.

BTW, I know inflation is a little rampant at the moment but the value has gone up £200,000 in a month. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

limeyphil Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 am:
they reckon there was £500,000 worth of cigarettes in there.

limeyphil Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 pm:
i was stopped at dover with 4.5 million cigarettes in my trailer, they said it was £700,000 worth

If you picked it up from a genuine collection point then you’ll be fine, but if those 4.5million ciggies were collected somewhere else, somewhere that you were not supposed to be collecting stuff from then you are in the doo doo mate, HMC&E will know exactly where you were and when you were there from tracing your position on your GPS thingy in your mobile phone, they’ve been able to do this for at least 10yrs now, so if you have been a silly boy I’d start on the pelvic floor exercises if I were you :wink:

I got caught with a load of snout hidden in believe it or not packs of glass which I’d loaded from Lithuania, there where 2 sheets of glass each side of the crate with black paper between & concrete in the bottom of each pack on top of which where cartons of ■■■■, this was in 1997 & after a night in Dover, & incidently being asked by HMR&C to go & deliver it :open_mouth: they impounded my trailer & set me free. 2 days later I got the trailer back minus the woodbines but with 20 packing crates & around 5 tons of concrete & loads of smashed glass! I think as NMM says if your cosha you’ll walk,if not you’ll be doing a stretch. A Spanish driver got jailed this week for £750,000 in ■■■■ it was on the wireless.

PS I mean HMC&E not the other scrotes :laughing:

darkseeker:

Sir +:

Probably not as much as you’d expect when you think about the size of a 200carton, couple of pallets at a guess :confused:

On an industrial estate I used to work on there was a guy who sold cheap ■■■■, the ■■■■■■ turned up one day with two large boxes full of ■■■■ and offered them to him for £800, must’ve been a few grands worth. they opened a box, took out an individual pack and let him try one - all good so he handed over his £800.

Thing is, that’s the only 20pack that actually contained ■■■■, the rest of that carton were 20 packs but only contained a polystyrene block, the rest of both boxes was 200 ■■■ cartons with nothing but a larger block of polystyrene in them :laughing:

I saw that on The Hustle too, geezer with a dodgy Dutch accent driving an old MAN/ERF

Wheel Nut:

darkseeker:

Sir +:

I saw that on The Hustle too, geezer with a dodgy Dutch accent driving an old MAN/ERF

Yer i saw that, very well thought out!

hutpik:
Hi all.Attn Harry.Hi Harry.Iworked for NEDU for quite a long time on the Dutch side and if it is the same driver that i’m thinking of Les…from Colchester.That was really a ■■■■ up from the old bill.I met les about 5yrs ago on the Hull boat when i was working for Nijman Zeetank and he told me the whole story.If i remember ther was some connection with the son of the boss. …jr.Last i heard Les was working for Visbeen and was back with his wife but it was still a sh.t situation and even though it wasn’t his fault it touches you for life.Bum deal.Mike

Yeah,it was Les. He was doing well with the truck when it happened, nice truck- F12 Globby. I haven’t seen him for nearly 5 years. I don’t know what he’s doing now? They got Junior in the end.

Sir +:

About the same size as the jail cell you will be living in if your caught with them.

beefy4605:

Sir +:

About the same size as the jail cell you will be living in if your caught with them.

Are cells as big as 20 foot containers? The ones I’ve been in were smaller, but they were only in police stations and not proper jail ones.