planted illegal substances please read

hi Guys
On 22 July 05 whilst carrying out euro fridge work one of our vehicles got stopped by british customs in Coquelles (France) getting onto the shuttle, for a routine check as we often do, and usually get scanned to being a fridge. Only this time a rucksack containing a quantity of drugs valued at 750k was found under the trailer logged on top of the diesel tank. The driver was subsiquently arrested for Knowingly importing drugs. And the vehicle siezed and brought back to Dover, it took us six weeks to get the tractor unit back and they still have the trailer in their compound (as they need it for evidence) As the driver is also a company director and my brother when he says he knew nothing about this bag or how it got there i know this to be true. However he was released on bail and has to make the journey from Warrington to Dover to answer bail every 6 weeks. The case is now going to be heard in the crown court in canterbury in the next week and as we have heard a few stories of similar things happening on a regular basis to different drivers our solicitor has asked us to try and find someone to whom it has happened (as a referance) is this you if so could you please email or pm me with your experiences and maybe we can make the courts realise that not all drivers are bad and sometimes these little pakages get left on our vehicles without our knowledge by scumbags trying to get their stuff back to the uk without taking the chance of getting caught themselves. thanks for reading and i look forward to hearing from you.
[/quote]
[/u]

at least hes got bail and is in the UK

i think it is comon sence to check your truck in the morning or befor you get on a boat or train .
when i stop eny where in the morning i all ways look around the truck as you here this story all the time best to be safe than sorry i say

You need to look in the “blue ribbon campaign” forum eddy. Its the 6th one down on the main page. Youll see a link to "justice for drivers" there too. Theres a few who`ve been in your brothers situation.
Good luck anyway

JB:
You need to look in the “blue ribbon campaign” forum eddy. Its the 6th one down on the main page. Youll see a link to "justice for drivers" there too. Theres a few who`ve been in your brothers situation.
Good luck anyway

Yep maybe you could enter your experience there too. Have a look at the petition and you and everyone you know sign the petition against this sort of thing. :wink:

DAFMAD:

JB:
Good luck anyway

Yep maybe you could enter your experience there too. Have a look at the petition and you and everyone you know sign the petition against this sort of thing. :wink:

the petition isn’t against this sort of thing, the driver here has been released so his guilt is not assumed or he would still be locked up waiting trial.

the petition is for a change in the eu laws that make the driver responsible for every item in their vehicle including the loaded trailer and anything hidden in secret compartments etc.
eu law has deemed that a driver is guilty if any contraband or illegal substances is discovered on their person, in their vehicle or within the consignment carried, justice for drivers is seeking to change that law so a driver is presumed innocent until evidence proves them guilty.

just to update anyone who may be interested in this case. the court case was cancelled because the customs need more time to try and find evidence (which doesnt exist) they still have to check phone records ! (8 months on and they havent checked phone records?) are they really trying to insult my inteligence, expecting us to beleive this wasnt done straight away. They have confirmed they have no fingerprints, no dna, the trailer has not been modified in any way, and all tacho charts match the journey, they also had the tacho head analised which showed it had not been tampered with. No new court date has been set they say they will ring the night before when they have 2 days free. In the meantime they still hold our trailer, laptop computer, 2 phones, the tacho head, and a whole bundle of paperwork/receipts. It has now been nearly 9 months since this all started and i am now convinced they are just stalling for time to try and bankrupt us as they have no evidence to convict at all.