Small Truck Shows

I was remembering a little truck show me and the lad went to near us at RAF Cosford. I think the Telford Truckers ran it?? It was a while back, and we both enjoyed it a lot, and it got me thinking. Is there a list anywhere of the small type of show, not all that razzamatazz the Truckfest lot do, dont get me wrong, great stuff if you like it! But I prefer a smaller type of venue. Any ideas?

Mal.

I can see where you are coming from mal, sort of biker meeting i think!!

I think that meets like that once a month for talk sake would be brilliant, and if there was one near me id certainly attend( even though I aint driving anymore).

Regards

kev

they is one now and then in Cotham Redcar every other Year or so and I agree with ya Mal great few hours I have spent enjoying local Transport without the brass knobs!

Yepp, thats it lads, just a low key, relaxed “celebrity free zone”, without ripoff rolls royce prices and proffessional trophy gatherers! :slight_smile: Im interested in whatever truck it is, the lads that own and drive them and real nitty gritty transport stuff. and of course, the general public likely wouldnt be inetersted much without the razzamatazz either, which would be nice!

Mal.

Barnard Castle is ussually a good cheap show normally held on August Bank Holiday Weekend

Cheers Davey.

Anyone else? keep em coming with dates like this one if possible.

Mal.

We, too, have come to the conclusion that the Truckfest shows are more hype than they’re worth, so to speak…they have also hiked their exhibitor prices up to a point beyond which many organisations can justify. :confused:

To this end, whilst Rikki and myself will be at the Peterborough show on a purely social basis, TruckNet UK as a company are boycotting the event, along with the other Live Promotions shows. We are simply not prepared to “sell our souls” for space at an event which in our opinion is not interested in the drivers whom they seek to serve, only in how much money they can make from them.:imp:

We are looking at having a stand at one of the lesser shows - possibly Barnard Castle or one of the ones run by Roy Gill…but if any of you have a suggestion along these lines, we would be more than happy to hear from you - after all, we want to pick one which as many of you as possible can attend!!! :grimacing:

if I remember rightly, Roy Gill and his wife were going to set up a show here in N Ireland■■? I hope they do as the shows here are good but nothing to get excited about and there isnt even another driver in sight!!

Who knows maybe it will catgh on here, the best we put up with is at westland peat as ya seem to wait for hours and hours for loading, and a certain company get priority at it!!

Kev

Hey Kev,
Its amazing what you can get away with when you put a unit on full time time shunting!!! :smiley: :laughing: :wink:
Makes some difference on “MAD” Fridays,pull your mirrors in big time!!! I pity anybody going to Westland early tomorrow morning,was there on Sat morn and the dropped trailers parked outside where just abandoned all shapes :imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Bullrush are just as bad!! Been around a few of the bogs and a friday load is a nightmare mate, did a run before and it took 7 hrs to load( as you know certain trucks get preference) to Ringaskiddy in Cork and it was a pain in the [zb].

Ya just local at the min?? The place im working for at the min use your crowd for some goods out!!

Ever hear of Colorite Europe■■?

Regards

kev

Mal,
I can recommend the Peak Truck Show at Uttoxeter Racecourse, middle of August or thereabouts. Organised by Roy Gill.
Was well received by all who attended last year and I predict will be even better this year.Prices, features,facilities all with the driver in mind, rather than the promoter and assorted hangers on,if you know what I mean. :sunglasses:

Just off the A50, follow signs for the racecourse. :wink:

Cheers Deesider! I missed this one thats the trouble with being out most of the week as a rule, I lose track of the posts! I just seen you alert in the newer thread there! Sounds like a good one to go for.

Mal.

I could never take to Truck shows, after a week driving trucks for a living I am damm sure I don’t want to spend my free time looking at them

Horses for courses Pat, aint it.

Mal.

Exactly !!!
Don’t get me wrong, I like my truck but I wouldn’t spend free time inspecting them, now if I was paid to look at them thats a different story :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I could never take to Truck shows, after a week driving trucks for a living I am damm sure I don’t want to spend my free time looking at them

to true its nice to turn your back on them walk away,proper truckshows in this country have become a thing of the past,if you wanna see trucks in all there glory,stand on a motorway bridge and you will see them all…

ado everyone took a truck to the first peak truckshow at bakewell great weekend even the miss,s enjoyed it and to top it off i got a second in the renault class :smiley:

To some the truck is their life and I can understand so I shouldn’t coment realy. A driver I work with has the same model Volvo as me but bright green, he keeps it immaculate, he can return from a day in terrible conditions and it still gleams, I don’t know how but the inside is garbage tip. With my own truck it is immaculate inside, I don’t get paid to clean the outside, that is soneone elses job and when it gets dirty it stays dirty till someone washes it, if they pay me by the hour to wash it then I will, if they pay me to put it in a truck show I will, Federal Express did that when i worked there and I always won an award.
My fellow worker enters shows and wins but they can’t see the mess inside through the tinted windows and locked doors and he doesn’t get paid for it.

Carl:
ado everyone took a truck to the first peak truckshow at bakewell great weekend even the miss,s enjoyed it and to top it off i got a second in the renault class :smiley:

does anyone have pictures of 2 trucks that went from bloxwhich a firm called baileys brothers potatoes only it was my dads to trucks that went but unfortunately always the way we speant allweekend polish and won nothin if anyone has any pictures of them please could you email them 2 me at jamie_scania@hotmail.co.uk
thanks very much