Truck shows

So iam at the Shropshire truck show and as people have already said, same sh@t different day! My question is how would you change it if anything to get the crowds coming back?

Don’t allow non-truck related stallholders; at steam/classic rallies there’s a growing number of craft fayre tents with magnetic bracelets, wooden kitchen utensils, soapmakers and other WI nonsense…I suppose you’d better allow the ?DC truckers’ tat tents and I enjoy the model truck stalls…except those that sell battered matchbox toys for stupid prices.
Those who’ve read my posts on Truckfest related threads will know monster trucks and recovery demonstrations will not interest me in the slightest, nor will Z-list celebs. Where there’s a show arena with commentary, make sure the commentator says something interesting and actually knows what he’s on about…one rally I went to had someone showing an old lorry of ours and said it had a ■■■■■■■ 250 when it had a Gardner 202. :blush:

Drop the entrance fee. I live about 1/2 mile from the Shropshire one and never went as I was not going to pay £10 to get in!!

Paul

Went to one once as a kid, was good fun really, but would only go again if i was taking a lorry.

Once people have paid admission, don’t allow the scouts to wave overpriced, crap programmes full of adverts under their noses (another steam rally trait), and don’t allow sadcases to display their collection of beermats, tractor seats and petrol cans.

pepperpot:
So iam at the Shropshire truck show and as people have already said, same sh@t different day! My question is how would you change it if anything to get the crowds coming back?

More freebies :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

At the truck show a couple years back when all the driver CPC kicked off and they had the vans about I got a free travel mug and other bits and bobs. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Lower prices on entry fees, sorry but paying near on £30 for 2 people to go see some trucks, A bit of a rip off considering I can just go to a company yard and see them for free :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Food vans that charge over the top prices for not so quality grub, the only thing them lot are making lose weight is the weight in my wallet for getting something to eat (always handy to take a lil picnic when it isn’t going to ■■■■ it down with rain :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: )

&&& Keep out the wanabee celebs e.g Ice Road P…rick :unamused: :unamused: Look at me a glory boy with a parrot stuck on my head :unamused: :laughing:

I rather look at some trucks that are clean, and tidy and look the part when they’re not working. It’s nice to see people who have pictures of their trucks working, showing what they do.

:unamused: :unamused:

Bringing Driffield truckshow would have been good, or Crofton. But no shows in yorkshire this year, a shame indeed as I was looking forward to it!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Roll on Edinburgh :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

You mentioned mugs, you’ll find them at the truckers tat stalls :laughing: :laughing: