Should Dihydrogen Oxide Be Banned?

jammymutt:
How much do they want? i got mine replaced free of charge after telling them it was damaged but there are a few places you can buy them independantly…

ukwheeliebins.com/wheelie_bins.html

spectrasystems.co.uk/wheelie_bins.htm

webshop.keyind.co.uk/is-bin/INTE … legreenbin

On the other hand youcouldjust nick one from someone else!!!.

I got mine from:
binsforyou.co.uk

Cheaper than getting a replacement from the council. Dont forget to paint your address on your bin in case anyone gets the idea to “Nick” it, as if anyone would LOL!

Rob K:
Who cares ■■? :grimacing: :grimacing: Roll another fat one… :grimacing:

:sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HOAX!!!

:unamused:

andy187:
HOAX!!!

:unamused:

really ? I’d never have guessed :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

jammymutt:
Iwill say yes even though i havent got a clue what it is but my environmental side says yes.

I,m getting quite environmental these days as i get older i refuse point blank to use plastic bags when i go shopping i use boxes instead!!!, and i have used the odd bottle bank on occasions.

Well I would quite merrily recycle recycleable stuff when I had my green wheelie bin, but someone’s nicked it and the council want silly money to give me a new one so I told them to do one. Everything goes in the black one now.

Just about everything can be recycled now and I think that the Govt should be somehow forcing folks to do it :grimacing: However, to have 20 different wheelie bins on your doorstep to recycle all these different things is perhaps not the way to go about it :grimacing:

As for DHMO, I think there are more important things to worry about, like how come the fridge is beerless. :open_mouth: :confused: :grimacing:

well dihydrogen monoxide is already recycled, it goes to the sewerage works, is cleaned and drained into a river where it is collected by a water company and cleaned and pumped back to your tap :wink: :wink:

Dihydrogen oxide, a common chemical is a prime component of acid rain. Hour after hour, thousands of pounds if it are poured into the air and water by countless factories. Many sewer systems, regardless of the content of their wastewater, dump dihydrogen oxide tainted waste into the ocean, destroying the nearby wildlife habitats. dihydrogen oxide is easily available to anyone, including children. Some of the hottest burns are in fact burns of dihydrogen oxide in its heated gaseous state. Temperatures can reach up beyond 373 K. When excessive amounts of this chemical are ingested, gastric disconforts occur, and then to excessive urination. dihydrogen oxide is also deadly to humans.

In 1995, 92 people died from prolonged contact with graditious amounts of dihydrogen oxide in Maricopa County, AR alone. The estimated figure of total deaths of dihydrogen oxide is around 5000 people per year in the U.S. Most of these deaths are children.

Dihydrogen oxide contributes to the erosion of the soil, and the general destruction of roads and highways. In 1997, a large amount of dihydrogen oxide broke loose and washed away an immense part of Highway 50 in California. And in the early half of the 1990s, a huge outbreak destroyed millions of dollars of farmland near the Mississippi.

This chemical is also unregulated. A company can add it to their food without regulation or approval of the FDA. Many baby food corporations add dihydrogen oxide to baby food and export it to third world countries, despite its dangers. It also remains on fruits and vegetables even after washing! Nuclear power plants use Dihydrogen oxide in their reactors to reduce the heat of reaction. This can then be dumped into the ocean, lakes, or rivers without consultation of the EPA!

Industrial applications of dihydrogen oxide include use as a dissolvent. The corrosive properties of dihydrogen oxide allow it to dissolve a wide range of substances. Its solubility, 100 percent in water, allows for quick disposal, and easy cleanup in case of industrial accidents, which there are several of every year.

HAs life really become that bad for you??
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dihydrogen oxide? Wouldn’t be water by any chance, would it… :smiley: :smiley:

Vince, I actualy voted because I felt sorry for you mate, You need more TV channels if this is all you have to do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, yes. Dihydrogen oxide kills more people every year than smoking, drinking and driving combined. And, in certain low-lying countries, such as Holland, controlling the problems caused by it is the single largest expenditure in the budget.

Iwill say yes even though i havent got a clue what it is but my environmental side says yes.

I,m getting quite environmental these days as i get older i refuse point blank to use plastic bags when i go shopping i use boxes instead!!!, and i have used the odd bottle bank on occasions.

jammymutt:

Well I would quite merrily recycle recycleable stuff when I had my green wheelie bin, but someone’s nicked it and the council want silly money to give me a new one so I told them to do one. Everything goes in the black one now.

Just about everything can be recycled now and I think that the Govt should be somehow forcing folks to do it :grimacing: However, to have 20 different wheelie bins on your doorstep to recycle all these different things is perhaps not the way to go about it :grimacing:

As for DHMO, I think there are more important things to worry about, like how come the fridge is beerless. :open_mouth: :confused: :grimacing:

How much do they want? i got mine replaced free of charge after telling them it was damaged but there are a few places you can buy them independantly…

ukwheeliebins.com/wheelie_bins.html

spectrasystems.co.uk/wheelie_bins.htm

webshop.keyind.co.uk/is-bin/INTE … legreenbin

On the other hand youcouldjust nick one from someone else!!!.

AlexxInNY:
Oh, yes. Dihydrogen oxide kills more people every year than smoking, drinking and driving combined. And, in certain low-lying countries, such as Holland, controlling the problems caused by it is the single largest expenditure in the budget.

I suddenly feel much better about smoking now :laughing:
I’m going out for a ■■■ :laughing:

andymac:
Dihydrogen oxide? Wouldn’t be water by any chance, would it… :smiley: :smiley:

I think you’ve got it there mate!
Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities. - Drowning?
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.- Frost bite?!
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects. - You puke!
DHMO is a major component of acid rain. - It’s the rain bit!
Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns. - Steam?!
Contributes to soil erosion. - Rain again
Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals. Ever seen an old wreck at the bottom of the sea?
Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits. - :open_mouth: !
Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes. - Well we all should know that one!!
Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions. - 90% of tissue?!
Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere.
Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect. Of course! :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Di = 2, Hydrogen H2 Oxide Oxygen = H2O = Water.

Hydroxil is in all water its is the Ph thing acid/alkaline content. Hard and soft to you and me.

Rob K:

funniest reply ive heard in ages :smiley: :smiley:

simon

DHMO stands for dihydrogen monoxide, a technically accurate but never used term for water Properties
General Name: Water
Diagram Chemical formula: H2O
Appearance: Colourless liquid
Physical Formula weight: 18.01528 amu
Melting point: 273.15 K (0 °C)
Boiling point: 373.15 K (100 °C)
Critical temperature: 674 K
Critical Pressure: 22.1x10^6■■ Pa
Density: 1.0 ×103 kg/m

… a running joke among chemists, environmental activists and others, to illustrate how general ignorance of science can lead to wildly misplaced fears.

The joke involves describing water and its effects as if it were an exotic chemical with dangerous properties, e.g.: “This odorless, tasteless chemical kills thousands of people a year, due to both overconsumption and underconsumption. And it is involved in problems small and big: Virtually all cancerous growths contain dihydrogen monoxide in biologically significant amounts, and it is also the enabling component of both acid rain and most soil erosion!”

(just goes to show how some people believe everything they read without educating themselves on the subject)

regretting this post yet Vince?? :wink:
Although you should take comfort in the fact that 62% of the people that voted on your poll feel that water should be banned… hahahahahaha