If you've watched Switchlogics cooking

I believe this is the stove he has in the cab. Got one today from Tescos for £24.00, which I consider a bargain…

tesco.com/direct/campingaz-c … pageLevel=

I would love to get one! How much for the gas bottle though?

Good find, I have found a meal called beans on toast, on a single ring stove it is a nightmare to cook so will buy one of these.
If anyone wants one of these petrol stoves for £40 PM me, it is 2 months old and in perfect condition amazon.co.uk/dp/B000QUIJOS/r … B000QUIJOS

Our local tip sells used gas bottles for next to nothing. Don’t know wether its a fiddle for the lads or endorsed by the council though. Worth asking at your local tip/recycling centre.

skids:
Our local tip sells used gas bottles for next to nothing. Don’t know wether its a fiddle for the lads or endorsed by the council though. Worth asking at your local tip/recycling centre.

probably a fiddle as our local recycling centre charges you for leaving gas bottles there :wink:

£6 for under 10kg, £12 for 10-20kg !!!

I use England as my recycling centre, just leave it in a layby and it is removed for free :grimacing:

bubsy06:
I use England as my recycling centre, just leave it in a layby and it is removed for free :grimacing:

hmmm, could try that with Wales :wink:

I’ve got some 13kg ones to get rid of, luckily I found out the gas companies will collect them for free uklpg.org/advice-and-informa … -recovery/

Most Gas companies want there bottles back, most of the time you pay a deposit on the bottle and get it back when you return the bottle
Not sure what good an empty gas bottle is though for a stove

bubsy06:

What a good idea Offas Dyke was

Spitting image of switchlogic on the voice tonight, spitting image!!!

Infact i thought it was him for a second!

Thats a bloody good price ,camping shops like go outdoors theyre £50 ,nice one mate.

Have a similar 1 in my shed with x2 7kg calor gas bottles that I dont use any more

I thought it was good when I saw it. Go Outdoors will price match, and give an 10% off so should be £21.60 I think, but I gave my cash to Tescos.

The voice, was that the guy at the end?

Looks like a handy bit of kit might have to get myself one.

They have them in b&m
Think there only £12.

Used to have 1 but vosa were not happy when i had a 13 kg gas bottle in passenger footwell.

Would I be right in thinking that those stoves run off those butane gas cylinders? If so check B+M out at this time of year as they sell 4 cylinders for about a fiver. Worth stocking up on.

We used a cooker like this one when we had a camper excellent stove,used to use a “907” butane type bottle ,quite small in size so handy for space saving but lasts ages .
You need an empty gas bottle to exchange when you go to get a full one,i just got an empty one off ebay ,worked out cheaper than paying the initial surcharge

happysack:
Would I be right in thinking that those stoves run off those butane gas cylinders? If so check B+M out at this time of year as they sell 4 cylinders for about a fiver. Worth stocking up on.

Don’t think this will run off those type of cans ,they are more for the syngle burner type cookers ,i just posted regarding bottle type, but thinking about it may be able to use the camping gaz type cannisters from somewhere like towsure if you could get a regulator to fit them

You can use one of those canisters they use on the flt,a guy i know had it set up from his side locker with a feed running into the cab looked the buisness and no huge canister in the truck