GET RID OF EM!!!!!!

all this talk of microchips in your recycle rubbish bins so i decided to have a look and found 2 of them…

that’s where they are just under the lid.

prize it out with a screwdriver then whack it with a hammer then chuck it away.

there we are job done.

let us know if you find them.

Seems like a good idea, although technically they are council property, and anybody who damages/destroys/disposes of them is liable to prosecution. Especially if it is admitted to on a public forum :unamused: :unamused:

Kate:
Seems like a good idea, although technically they are council property, and anybody who damages/destroys/disposes of them is liable to prosecution. Especially if it is admitted to on a public forum :unamused: :unamused:

That is of course if they can prove who it was that done it which is nearly impossible, so good on ya JD.

Kate needs a ■■■■■■■■■[/i] :laughing: :laughing:

[zb]

Kate:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

there’s always one.

They are there to mointer your waste weights - as the center gov is looking to reduce some council tax that goes onto the waste budget and bill you £0.18 per kilo that you chuck out. Purely this is research at the moment, but come 2010 I fear charging will be the norm.

This will encourge about 60% of brits to do the right thing and recycle - remaining other 40% chucks without any regards and dump it in next doors bin and pass the charge to them :unamused:

My bin men (sorry, refuse collectors :confused: ) refused to empty mine as they said on a sticker which they slapped on the lid (and I quote)
“Your bin was not emptied today as the lid was not fully closed”

The gap was about 1/2 inch. :open_mouth: :imp:

I think it’s to do with their waste quotas so they find any excuse I suppose.

xlthunter:
They are there to mointer your waste weights - as the center gov is looking to reduce some council tax that goes onto the waste budget and bill you £0.18 per kilo that you chuck out. Purely this is research at the moment, but come 2010 I fear charging will be the norm.

This will encourge about 60% of brits to do the right thing and recycle - remaining other 40% chucks without any regards and dump it in next doors bin and pass the charge to them :unamused:

I’m looking into reducing my council tax as well. I’m gonna write and tell mine i’ve never used the firebrigade, seen a copper, used the library and i have no interest in helping the “needy” lets see if i get a rebate!!!

What do you do with the microchips? throw them in the bin? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sick of paying council tax too, I just walked home through unlit streets and have never used my wheelie bin since I moved in 3 years ago

I thnik they might struggle to put one in mine until they dig out the no nils first !!!.

xlthunter said
This will encourge about 60% of brits to do the right thing and recycle - remaining other 40% chucks without any regards and dump it in next doors bin and pass the charge to them .

I’ll reword that
This will encourge about 60% of brits to do the right thing and fly tip
All these socalled “environmental” regs that have come out (mainly from Brussels) had completely the opposite effect, eg fridges and freezers, in any convenient layby. Cars, instead of getting a few quid off a scrappie and being able to get second hand bits for your motor you now find cars burnt out in woods and industrial estates and some council estates look like a cross between a scrapyard and Beruit.
They’ll try to charge but I can see the rubbish turning up anywhere and everywhere will look like a landfill

My biggest problem is that i recycle too much!!! I fill my grey bin to the brim every 2 weeks I could fill it twice every week and recycle a lot more but the council will only take away one box beside the recycle bin therefore i am left with a load of recycle stuff i have to put in the bottom of my green bin its a no win situation.

Mike-C But surely you are concerned about maintaining the council persons( who you wrote to ) lovely pension. Remember they retire at 60 & a lot of the council tax pays for council workers pensions… :laughing: