Secret Millionaire - a haulier(ette)?

This may have been covered as I’ve a feeling the programme I saw last night is a repeat but it’s the first time I’ve seen it.
One of the givers was a lady of a certain age who runs(ran) a distribution company from, I think, the Leicester area.
At one point there seemed to be a link to Pedigree Petfoods and, apart from Stirlands (Nottingham though and she didn’t look much like Jack Stirland :unamused: ), all I could think of was Asfordby Haulage. Are they still going?
She seemed to still have her millions but neverthelss had a lot of time on her hands so maybe she sold out.
Doing my head in, who is it? :smiling_imp:

Spardo:
This may have been covered as I’ve a feeling the programme I saw last night is a repeat but it’s the first time I’ve seen it.
One of the givers was a lady of a certain age who runs(ran) a distribution company from, I think, the Leicester area.
At one point there seemed to be a link to Pedigree Petfoods and, apart from Stirlands (Nottingham though and she didn’t look much like Jack Stirland :unamused: ), all I could think of was Asfordby Haulage. Are they still going?
She seemed to still have her millions but neverthelss had a lot of time on her hands so maybe she sold out.

PALLEX
Hilary Devey

Big Hair though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pall-Ex CEO Hilary Davey went undercover as barmaid in Rochdale. Once there, she discovered a number of worthwhile projects including a local community centre that’s hit a funding crisis and an innovative music project keeping kids off the street.

It was a moving show, which had me snivelling, I must admit; and Hilary certainly didn’t duck any challenges. I’ve occasionally met Hilary at Institute and other events and she is someone you want at your table to keep everyone entertained, and she seems to have won more business awards than I’ve had hot dinners. So it is nice to give a human face to our industry.

Quote from Institute of Logistics

Spardo:

obviously, it’s not the woman from Asfordby Storage.

as far as i know, Asfordby are still trading, but they did have a large warehouse fire at their place a few months ago, so, things may have changed

Spardo:
all I could think of was Asfordby Haulage. Are they still going?

I thought Asfordby Storage & Haulage was run/owned by Ernie/Eric Dalby??

I also heard about the fire at their Pedigree Petfoods storage yard.

Melton Times

BBC Leicestershire

ASfordby are still going, i took a container in there a couple of saturdays ago. Unsure who owns it, but that fire wiped out 1 of the main warehouses. It’s all been cleared out i’m assuming they’ll rebuild it?

Wheel Nut:
Big Hair though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pall-Ex CEO Hilary Davey went undercover as barmaid in Rochdale. Once there, she discovered a number of worthwhile projects including a local community centre that’s hit a funding crisis and an innovative music project keeping kids off the street.

It was a moving show, which had me snivelling, I must admit; and Hilary certainly didn’t duck any challenges. I’ve occasionally met Hilary at Institute and other events and she is someone you want at your table to keep everyone entertained, and she seems to have won more business awards than I’ve had hot dinners. So it is nice to give a human face to our industry.

Quote from Institute of Logistics

Hilary is well clued up, I`ve known here for nearly 20 years, she knows her onions, she sells sand to the arabs in her spare time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

She deserves everything she has got, IMHO…

■■■■?

B1 GGK:
■■■■?

looking at that pic, more like

GILF

With the money and all, she must have ■■■■ or GILF, I would :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks all, I don’t know her (obviously :unamused: ) even though I was involved with the Institute of Logistics and its previous incarnations for many years, perhaps she’s too young. :unamused: :laughing:

Clarky:
With the money and all, she must have ■■■■ or GILF, I would :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

join the q ,iam first :smiley: but dont tell me mrs.

rich12:

Clarky:

join the q ,iam first :smiley: but dont tell me mrs.

She had a reputation as a man eater in years gone by, Im not too sure what she is like nowadays, but, Ive read somewhere that she is 51, now that is just ain`t true, either way, the lady has grafted to get what she has today.

She is single again, so, you never know :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t think it’s a question of whether you lot would is it■■? more one of would she rather die first!! :wink: :wink: :smiley:

madders:
I don’t think it’s a question of whether you lot would is it■■? more one of would she rather die first!! :wink: :wink: :smiley:

Good point :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: